And then, after that I had went to use the bathroom and he was following me with a rope around my neck. Purchase Butcher, Baker. While en route to the hospital, they drove past the same airfield Paulson had just run away from. (Source: Leland Hale). Cindy Pawlcyn in 2011. I am so happy that maniac is rotting in jail. Robert Hansen. He would toy with them, allowing them to believe they had escaped, before killing them. I still have photos we had fun !! The FBI compiled a criminal profile of the . Also known as: Cindy Paulson, C Paulson, Cindy K Paulson. But after watching the movie, one cant help but wonder if Cindy Paulson is a real person or not and how much of a role did she play in the actual investigation. I have now lost her again to the streets and pimps whereabouts unknown. Would like to compare it to other cases where a person reported that they murdered someone or phoned the victims family and it was recorded. Why was he allowed to live and die in prison 30 years after ? Even with this past, Officer Baker was ordered to drop the case. I was pregnant and would go for evening walks along the river and through the woods with my dog.freaks me out now to think of what could have happened. And he got up and put something in the trunk and put the gun on the top of the car. There are some changes to the story to present it all in 1.45hours. So, she resolved to try and escape, if the chance ever arose. Hale wrote, Plagued by a torturous home life (poverty and abuse were constants), Cindy started running away from home at age 12. (Inaudible). And its this search that ultimately piled up enough evidence to make Hansen admit to all the attacks he had committed against Alaskan women since 1971. I saw the documentary on ID channels Ice Cold Killers. He said that he had seven other girls and that usually he keeps them about a week. Paulson is known for her ability to bring diverse interests together, distill highly complex issues, facilitate effective dialogue, and co-create effective solutions. Malai Larsen (28) - Disappeared between 1980 - 1983, Body found April 24 . Convicted serial killer in Alaska, dies at 75, Robert C Hansen, the Butcher Baker Serial Killer Who Hunted His Victims Like Animals in the Wild, (Bob the Baker) Hansen blamed his tortured adolescence for the rape and murder of dozens of women in Alaska in 1970s, Robert Christian Hansen, A Serial Killer in Alaska, Jack Unterweger Celebrity Writer Serial Killer, Cody Legebokoff Country Boy Serial Killer, David Meirhofer & Wayne Nance Montana Serial Killers. ~ Enietra Washington: Only Confirmed Survivor Of The Grim Sleeper, ~ Amelio Robles vila: Transgender Fighter In Mexican Revolution, ~ How Lisa McVey Survived an Abduction by Bobby Joe Long. Very brave young woman, and what great work and dedication from all the men in the investigating team! Cindy is related to Kim Marie Pechuman and Kurt John Stellpflug as well as 3 additional people. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Again, he served no time. According to Psychology Today, usually, children of serial killers do not want to be known as such, and they do things like change their names or go into hiding. When speaking about working with Paulson, at the time in her mid 40s, Hudgens said, She gave me an extremely solid foundation and told me her earliest memories that she had until where she is to this day., The articles she writes typically involve individuals or social movements that are uniquely American in their struggles, triumphs, and challenges. Paulson spoke with the actress who portrayed her, Vanessa Hudgens, and provided personalized guidance in how to play her in the film. In addition to the handcuffs, Hansen tied a rope around her neck and tied it to the coffee table in his home. Includes Address (10) Phone (4) Email (3) See Results. She asked the driver to take her to a nearby motel where her boyfriend was staying. Serial killer Robert Hansen confessed to killing 17 women in Alaska over a 12-year span, all while married with two children. Why Is Bisexuality an Invisible Majority in the LGBTQ Community? At an APD station, She explains to detectives that she was abducted and repeatedly raped. Hansen was polite and cooperative but denied all allegations. Due to its length, we will present this interview in installments. (44) - Disappeared Sep. 6, 1980, body found May 9, 1984 just south of Old Knik Bridge. In Paulsons case, he took her to his family home where he raped and tortured her for several hours, and left her chained to a post while he napped before he said he was going to fly her to a cabin, assuring her he wouldnt hurt her once they were there. Intending to take her to his cabin in the Knik River area, he drove her to the Merrill Field airport, and thats where she escaped. Mug shot of Alaskan serial killer Robert Hansen. Email addresses. They were also able to push the friend who Hansen said he was with during Cindy's attack to retract the alibi. It was his second wife, Darla Marie Henrichsen Hensen, who he married in 1963 and who moved with him to Alaska in 1967 where they had two children. 1 was here. 2. FLOTHE: Last night, Cindy, I met with you and I asked you to come by today with regards to telling me again what happened back on 06/13/83. The ending of the movie reveals that Cindy Paulson now lives in the lower 48 with her husband and three children. And the front drivers door was open so I opened the back door and I ran. The Butcher Baker: Mind of a Monster premieres Wednesday, September 2 at 9/8c. You see, when he said that, I knew he had killed them. A turning point came in 1983, when a teenage prostitute named Cindy Paulson ran into a Fifth Avenue motel in handcuffs, saying that Hansen had imprisoned her at his home, raped her and put her on . Terrified I pulled in my friends driveway and relayed what happened. The true crime film stars John Cusack and Nicolas Cage, and has many fans wondering about the real serial killer, Robert Hansen, who inspired the movie's events. It made me angry. Robert Hansen died in 2014. Hale described the marriage as less than amorous, with the couple living somewhat separate lives, including keeping separate finances. . They decided to move to Anchorage, Alaska. As someone who has had a movie made about them, I can assure you that the producers DO take a lot of creative liberty with the story. While he was away his divorce was finalized. There, he hunted them down with a rifle. Sign up now for a one-time fee . She was born in nearby Monticello, Florida to Florence Deanna Barber and Winford Denonie Buddy Barber on October 25, 1961. ~ Wheelchairs & Airlines: Why Is Flying So Risky for Those With Disabilities? A year later, 2nd September 1983, 3 months after the rape and kidnap of Cindy Paulson, a third grave was found on the banks of the Knik River. I am so sorry for your loss. FLOTHE: The following will be an interview with Cindy Paulson. Cindy Paulson (source: lelandhale.com) Unbeknownst to Hansen, the girl he picked up on June 13, 1983 would bring his murder spree to an end. God!! published in full on Leland Hales website. On June 13, 1983, Cindy Paulson was kidnapped and raped, her life threatened by Robert Hansen. Paulson then led police to precisely where the serial killers blue and white plane was still parked. I was wondering if I could speak to you a bit about Cindy and that time? He was a sickly and small child. When speaking about working with Paulson, at the time in her mid 40s, Hudgens said, She gave me an extremely solid foundation and told me her earliest memories that she had until where she is to this day.. She Gets rescued By an patrol Officer. When an Anchorage Police Officer, Gregg Baker, arrived, Paulson told him how a man (Hansen) had offered her $200 for oral sex, handcuffed her and . where Hansen was incarcerated. And um, after I had got (inaudible), I kept doing it, and then he kept feeling around my neck, like he was just trippin, playing around with my neck and my necklaces. A Hitman Came for Susan Kuhnhausen. On the streets, she met her first pimp. He originally told the teen that his name was Don, but Cindy Paulson could read his real name listed on these awards. Upon graduating from high school, Robert Hansen enlisted in the army reserves and was sent to New Jersey. He Didnt Survive. And so she asked the truck driver to drop her off at a motel called the Mush Inn. We have 12 records for cindy paulson ranging in age from 35 years old to 100 years old. Kathie, would you care to share your story? Hi Morgan. of 1. Cindy Paulson, a 17-year-old sex worker, was able to escape before he could force her to board his plane. This guy was a sick serial killer and he was finally stopped mainly because of the persistence and good work of one officer. Robert Hansen then drove Paulson to his home to sexually assault and torture the teenager. Upon closer inspection, they could see the shoe was attached to a partially buried leg. Cindy Paulson was 18 when she escaped Alaskan serial killer Robert Hansen in 1983. She never returned. . This lady survived a horrendous attack that unfolded many circumstances that ultimately lead to catching a monster. Glenn Flothe attend the UK Premiere of The Frozen Ground at Vue West End on July 17, 2013 in London, England. And he gave me a ride up the street to the Mush Inn and thats when I called a friend of mine to come and get me. Listen to the horrific tale of how Robert Hansen would take his love of hunting to a whole new level. In her case, becoming authentic on the job took 10-plus years. The date was September 6, 2006. By the time Robert Hansen was 13, he was a loner in school with very few friends. The walls were covered with mounted hunting trophies and there was a pole in the center of the room. Her eventual getaway was central to Hansen's ultimate capture and confession to the murder of dozens of women. I was, too and I now live a happy life in the states. He served no jail time or probation. On June 13, 1983, the Anchorage Police Department got an unusual call. One night she picked up a small, skinny client with a pock-marked face who wore glasses and spoke with a stutter. Then, Hansen forced Paulson into his vehicle and drove to a nearby airport. Your email address will not be published. I left too, I have just watched the film on Netflix in the UK, very hard to imagine what those young girls went through at the hands of that sick Bastard! Todays date 9/27/83. Darla and the children would regularly go to Arkansas where her family lived in the summers, which may be why no one was home when Hansen took Paulson to his house, raped her, and held her against her will for several hours. I was, too and I now live a happy life in the states. And he handcuffed me to the chair at first, and then he had changed the hands and handcuffed me to the bottom of the other chair and had my neck tied with a rope around it, to the coffee table, and we made love on a bear skin rug. He told her they were going to his cabin in the woods. Once he dropped her off, he called the police. Aug 1987 - Present35 years 7 months. Hudgens told Collider of her conversations with Paulson, She gave me an extremely solid foundation and told me her earliest memories that she had until where she is to this day. She had been engaging in sex work. So now we have 4 murdered, 12 missing, and one victim that survived. Hale said he met with Darla in the aftermath of his murder convictions and she said she knew he was up to no good but she just thought Hansens dirty secret was picking up hookers in the middle of the night before he opened the bakery. While it is an undeniably beautiful place to live, it is rife with crime and i have seen many of my friends that I grew up with turn to a destructive lifestyle as they spend more time there..i am so grateful to have escaped with my life. Related To Todd Paulson, Sarah Paulson. The truck driver stopped, took her in, and even convinced her to go to the police station. Cindy Paulson Victim Name Age Details Cindy Paulson 17 She was kidnapped, tortured, and raped before she managed to escape. Now with four murdered women found in two years, and 12 more women having gone missing during the same time, the Alaska State Police began to suspect what many of Anchorages sex workers already knew: there was a possible serial killer preying on the citys most vulnerable women. In it, the film makes the claim that Cindy Paulson eventually movesconsiders moving in with Flothe, his wife Cherry and their children and wreaks havoc in the processon their lives. Im very sorry for those girls who had young lives, dreams, and futures to live out; and also families and loved ones who must have missed them deeply; so sincere condolences to them, especially for the families of the victims whose bodies were never found; and may God rest all the victims souls and give them peace. There, John Douglas developed a profile of the killer: someone who was well integrated and liked in the community, who worked for himself so he would have no one to answer to for his time, an avid outdoorsman, but with low self-esteem who was afraid to talk to women. He took her to a small municipal airport nearby and began loading the plane with firearms and other equipment. WALNUT CREEK, Calif. The California Urban Water Agencies (CUWA) today announces Brown and Caldwell's Wendy Broley will assume the role of executive director effective July 1, replacing Cindy Paulson after 10 years in the role. And I was trying to get the handcuffs off and the police came. She got into his car and as soon as she was inside, he handcuffed her to the door and pulled a gun on her. Send flowers. For our friends in . Cindy Paulson, age 55: 34960 Pittsburg Rd, Saint Helens, OR 97051: Cindy Paulson: 511 S 12Th St, Bismarck, ND 58504 (701) 223-**** Cindy J Paulson: 143 Waupakisco Bch, Battle Creek, MI 49015: Cindy Paulson: 617 7Th Ave APT 1, Brookings, SD 57006: Cindy Paulson: 1850 NW Hill Point Dr, Bend, OR 97701: On June 13, 1983, Robert Hansen abducted 17-year-old Cindy Paulson and took her back to his home in Anchorage, AK, where he chained her up and subjected the teenager to terrifying acts of rape, torture, and sexual assault. Cindy started in BC's Denver office in 1987, initially as a project engineering and ultimately progressing to the Rocky . You thought you were doing something with this post. Known as the Butcher Baker, Hansen kidnapped and assaulted women before flying them to remote areas in the Alaskan wilderness in his private plane. Moments after this, a trucker, who was passing the Anchorage airfield, spotted 17-year-old Cindy running barefoot and handcuffed from Robert, who was armed at that time. July 17, 2017 Admin 19 Comments. He had brought a chair over and, um, he kept telling me, you know, if I cooperate he wont hurt me. As revealed by Scott Walker in an interview, while he was researching all about the background of Hansens case, he met Glenn Flothe, who asked him to meet Cindy. You have limited time to develop the characters, present a plot and present something that folks want to see. Possible related people for Cindy Paulson include Carolyn Rae Sullivan, Katie A Suing, Chet T Suing, Charles Hc Suing, Kristi Kay Schincke, and many others . But his church stints only lasted for a few weeks after whatever trouble hed gotten into, Darla told Hale. A seasoned prostitute, even at such a young age, Paulson reluctantly agreed to go with Hansen to his house . He takes paulson to the hospital, and her clothes are kept for a rape kit. She lived in the last neighborhood on the left as you drive the Seward highway. To prove that she had been in his car, she even left her sneakers on the passenger seat floor of his sedan. "Being authentic creates the space for diversity of . And, um (sniffles), he took me downstairs and he had a dog, a black dog, (inaudible) on the couch (inaudible). The detective obtained Hansens address and they immediately went to interview him. On June 13, 1983, Bob Hansen offered sex-worker Cindy Paulson, 17, $200 to perform oral sex. Her eventual getaway was central to Hansens ultimate capture and confession to the murder of dozens of women. Id originally written a book about my ordeal and the movie strayed soooo far away from the story. Cindy Paulson was just 17 years old when she moved to Anchorage Alaska. Below you will find a list of surnames similar to Cindy Paulson that were found in public records. And I agree, everyones life means something. Didnt know about the case but Flothe went above and beyond what normal manpower is dedicated. Read More: Is Robert Henson Dead or Alive? As usual, Gilmour gets straight to the point: On September 16, 1983, Flothe took photos of Hansens bakery, house, private plane and cars. Cynthia Paulson lives in Spooner, WI ; previous city include Amery WI. Though it would be another four months or so until Hansen was finally arrested for his horrific crimes against women, Cindy Paulsons escape and resulting testimony gave police the break they needed to identify a suspect for the rash of unsolved murders in the Anchorage area from the past decade. He also assisted police in recovering the bodies, but 5 remain unfound. Secondly, this lady could have randomly encountered Hansen at any point during her walks prior to his arrest, and could easily have become a victim of opportunity, if only to rid himself of a potential witness to him being near a body dump. As the detective was taking her home she insisted on stopping by the airfield so she could identify the plane. When police were able to interview her, she explained her grizzly tale in detail. And then about five hours later he woke up and came over there and I told him all I want to do is go home, cause I live with my mom, and I wont tell nobody, Paulson said to Sgt. I am going to turn the tape off for a minute. Glenn Flothe and his wife, Cheryl, after her successful kidney transplant in 2007. Cindy (Felicia) as I knew her she was one of my best friends while I lived in Anchorage. My friend was babysitting him. At one point the man laid down on a nearby couch and slept. Lionsgate Entertainment. I like and respect women, and cant imagine why any man would want to harm women in any way. Im glad that Cindy Paulson survived that terrifying ordeal, and that she played a big part in that monsters sentencing. You know, would let this man do this to them? Cindy Paulson was a 17-year-old dancer and sex worker living in Anchorage with her mother. And they took me to the Big Timber where I was stayin. . When Hansen drove up to Paulson and propositioned her, she agreed to get into his car. Photo Source. Cindy Paulson survived an attack by Robert Hansen in Anchorage, AK on June 13, 1983 From 1971 to 1983, serial killer Robert Hansen murdered at least 17 women in Anchorage, AK. Cindy L Paulson, age 58, Menomonie, WI Background Check. He offered her $200 to perform oral sex, and she accepted, climbing into the front seat of his car. Cindy Paulson. In February 1984, Hansen plead guilty to killing four women and was sentenced to more than 400 years in prison. Hansen became classified as the all-American nerd. In Anchorage in 1983, a young prostitute, Cindy Paulson, was found handcuffed and in tears by the city police in a hotel room where she said she had found shelter after escaping from a client who had kidnapped and raped her. #WhoIsButcherBaker pic.twitter.com/CW7bUFtIIo, Investigation Discovery (@DiscoveryID) August 22, 2020. He then shackled her in the basement of his house and took a nap on the couch right next to her. by. For Hansen audio, just search the blog using the search term wait for it audio. But in all seriousness its highly doubtful Robert Hansen is the Zodiac killer. Glenn Flothe. The film shows how more than the investigators involved in the case, it is Cindys bravery that ultimately leads law enforcers to all the heinous murders that the man had committed in 12 years. Hanson was a weak cowardly little nothing. Im so happy to hear she finally got out of Alaska safe & sound. And I had to pee on the rug, over by the pool table. And I knew that I wasnt going to come back (crying). 1 of 5 stars 2 of 5 stars 3 of 5 stars 4 of 5 stars 5 of 5 stars. Note: some of the comments refer to DeLynne as Debs sister She was not. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Cindy Paulson. Your email address will not be published. What Cindy Paulson escaped is mind-numbing. for his horrific crimes against women, Cindy Paulsons escape and resulting testimony gave police the break they needed to identify a suspect for the rash of unsolved murders in the Anchorage area from the past decade. Also known as: Ms Cindy Paulson. It only stated she was going to spend the night at their house but didnt because she took off. CINDY: That there were seven that he had seven other girls there before. Cindy was so incredibly brave, and probably saved many more lives from the hands of this monster. The articles she writes typically involve individuals or social movements that are uniquely American in their struggles, triumphs, and challenges. A 17-year-old prostitute named Cindy Paulson escaped, handcuffed, from Hansen as he was preparing to put her on his private plane. Corsair Restaurant, Anchorage, AK (now closed; photo courtesy Wonderlane), The night Hansen was convicted, Cherry and I took Cindy & her friend from the safe home out to dinner at the Corsair. An autopsy revealed her cause of death was a stab wound to her back. Its only based on a true story. He began to dig deeper into the life of Robert Hansen and found that he was not a clean as he appeared. Your email address will not be published. He was, in fact, in the Midwest and then in Alaska during the 60s and 70s, with stretches of jail time during that period. 37 year in law enforcement with half as a detective. See Cindy's contact info now . Please review our privacy policy here: https://heavy.com/privacy-policy/, Copyright 2023 Heavy, Inc. All rights reserved. Known as the "Butcher Baker", Hansen kidnapped and assaulted women before flying them to remote areas in the Alaskan wilderness in his private plane. And More; Phone & Email (5) We found 5 phone numbers and email addresses. And so when we were ready to go he took all my money (inaudible). Alter Last Name Full Name Persons Count Share ; Paulsen: Cindy Paulsen: 18: 51.05%: Poulson . He was also charged with the kidnapping and rape of Cindy Paulson. 123 Lantana Ave SE, Salem. Cindy Paulson is the hero and you need to find her." . It is called hell. Cynthia Paulson is 65 years old today because Cynthia's birthday is on 07/24/1956. Many who have watched the film would already be familiar with Robert Hansen and his killing spree. In a police interview after Paulsons escape, she told him she got the feeling other people may live in the house. 6900 11th Ave SE, Minot, ND, 58701-9315. Profession: Retired from the postal service. On September 27, 1983, 18-year-old Cindy Paulson sat down with Alaska State Trooper Sgt. Flothe did not need his best witness caught up in a coke bust. Mobile number (701) 388-1486 . Oct. 27, 1983, Alaska State Police met Robert Hansen at his bakery and persuaded him to come to the station for questioning. Better than that, there are the words of Sgt. The woman was identified as 17-year-old Paula Goulding. Finally, she snuck a call to the state trooper and asked for him to come to pick her up, and he did. Robert Hansen gave police an alibi for the night of the attack: he had been visiting with friends. A truck driver described picking up a barefoot, partially clothed woman running down Sixth Avenue.

Is Faces Nightclub Closing, Plaza Market Eatonville Weekly Ad, Como Es Piscis Cuando Se Enoja, Salvation Army Central Territory Museum, Cobb County Fall Break 2022, Articles C