I mean, Curlin gave us so much power. Trainer: Alexandra Hillegass Description: Photo: Skip Dickstein. He hopes this is the year he finds out what it's like to enter the Derby winner's circle. Early Voting went to the early lead while Epicenter settled in last place along the rail. Most of the time you have to get after him, but it seemed like he was very nice today. Epicenter is a 4 year old colt that was born in 2019 and retired -> race from 2021 to 2022. It is hard to see this runner making enough progress to get the job done even if he makes the gate at the Kentucky Derby. [7], Epicenter made his final start of the year on December 26 in the newly-created Gun Runner Stakes, an early prep race on the Road to the Kentucky Derby over 1+116 miles at Fair Grounds Race Course in Louisiana. Photo: Rick SamuelsEpicenter gallops at Churchill Downs. The horse is gelded which would be awesome because it means we could see a Derby winner runner beyond his three or four year old season. [3] His dam, Silent Candy, is a stakes-winning daughter of Giant's Causeway. [2] Not This Time stands at Taylor Made Stallions in Kentucky for US$75,000 service fee. She is talented and will be a deserving favorite in the Oaks, but not good enough to win the Derby. He's the leading two-year-old stallion in the world. Pappacap is notable not because of his two runner-up efforts last fall but because those efforts came against unbeaten and untested Corniche in the G1 American Pharoah Stakes and in the G1 Breeders Cup Juvenile. "He traveled well. That may not be everything as speed hasnt really held at Oaklawn, but this one feels like a cut below the runners that will end up in the gate. How to make 2022 Breeders' Cup Classic picks, bets. "This year's Oaks and Derby are extremely exciting in terms of how strong the races look and how well all of the horses are doing going into them. Yonkers Raceway It looked like it was easy for him in the moment.. If you guys want to go, we can go.' Epicenter enters with four wins in six starts with half those efforts at 2 and half at 3. This is the loser that I think you want out of this weekends races. Trainer Kevin McKathan said Fenwick will train Thursday at 6:00 a.m. Epicenter, Early Voting Get Acquainted With Pimlico. Then there's 2011 runner-up Nehro, who gained the lead in the Churchill Downs stretchsending Asmussen's heart racingbefore yielding to Animal Kingdom. Didn't happen To be honest with you, it's over. "It's become a lot more emotional for me because of how blessed we've been and the success that we've hadthe excitement of everybody coming for the Derby and feeling like you have a chance. ** Get a $150 deposit match from AmWager + Daily Rewards**, Epicenter, recovering from surgeries, arrives at Ashford Stud, Flightline and friends: See the 2022 Eclipse Award finalists, Flatter: At last, Eclipse Awards decisions have been made, Division Rankings: This Eclipse voter has made up his mind, Eclipse opinion: Epicenter has led Taiba every step of the way, Kentucky Derby prep: Gotham Stakes 2023 odds and analysis, Work tab: Cody's Wish drills for 1st time since Breeders' Cup win, Head to Head: Handicapping Fountain of Youth 2023, Romans wins weight battle, now looks to Fountain of Youth, Ky. Derby prep: 1 horse can beat Yakteen 5 in San Felipe, HRN Speed figures powered by Colts Neck data. This one is a Derby pass for me. "I got 23 different feelings on the Derby that I very vividly remember. Trainer Steve Asmussen has entered champion Echo Zulu in the Kentucky Oaks and will look for his first Kentucky Derby win with Epicenter at Churchill Downs. The trainer who has sent out more winners in North American racing than any conditioner in history has found the Derby a bit elusive; even when he's twice sent out Derby starters that eventually would earn Horse of the Year titles. Trafalgar took two months off and ran in an allowance race at Fair Grounds on Dec. 2, instead of a stakes race as Epicenter did. Asmussen would love to help make Verne Winchell's prediction come true Saturday evening at Churchill but he's also appreciative of what he's accomplished as well as his racing family. "The Derby is an event, a 20-horse race under circumstances they'll never have to be in ever again. Which horses should you bet on at TVG? The race fell apart a little bit, as it should have. This horse was included in that mix. The potential is there; Asmussen said that at this point in Epicenter's career, he is faster than both Gun Runner and Curlin when they went into the Derby. There is plenty of intrigue with this years Preakness. The field of four were all stakes winners, with Epicenter going off as the even-money favorite. In the Belmont, Curlin lost by a head to filly Rags to Riches. He finished second by 1+14 lengths. In fact, an upset by Cyberknife could clinch the three-year-old championship. "He was jumping around," Ramsey said. If you like Crown Pride, this one also has to at least be on your radar. We thought that about him all along, right from the beginning, Winchell said. Here is stable of my top 5 Derby contenders heading into the last month of prep races. Trafalgar He saved ground around the first turn then shifted out around the final turn as he started to make up ground. "He was nice and comfortable and you just hope he'll finish the race, which he did. Horse Profile for Epicenter | Equibase is Your Official Source for Thoroughbred Racing Information Horse Profile Home Stats Central Horse Profile (Thoroughbred) Epicenter (KY) TB, B, C, foaled January 29, 2019 ( Not This Time - Silent Candy, by Candy Ride (ARG) ) Connections as of last Start: Jockey: Joel Rosario Trainer: Steven M. Asmussen 2022 PREAKNESS STAKES BETTING PROFILES TOP CONTENDERS. "He is taking a little siesta. Equibase Company is the Official Supplier of Racing Information and Statistics to America's Best Racing, Breeders' Cup, Daily Racing Form, NTRA, The Jockey Club, TRA, TVG and XpressBet. Follow all of the races in the month-long lead up to the Kentucky Derby with the Betting News free handicapping tools. "[12], On March 26, Epicenter went off as the even-money in the Louisiana Derby. Epicenter improved markedly last November in his second career start when stretching out to a mile (around one turn) for the first time and controlling the tempo from start to finish to beat nine. Breeder: Westwind Farms, Sold to Winchell Thoroughbreds [11] "It was a little different than his last race, as every fraction was perfect for him," said Winchell. Now this is where the two colts paths diverge. In the race he ran almost the same trip as the winner except he was inside the whole time. This is one that you definitely want to win. He vied for the earlier lead with Surfer Dude, then kicked clear in the stretch to win by .mw-parser-output .frac{white-space:nowrap}.mw-parser-output .frac .num,.mw-parser-output .frac .den{font-size:80%;line-height:0;vertical-align:super}.mw-parser-output .frac .den{vertical-align:sub}.mw-parser-output .sr-only{border:0;clip:rect(0,0,0,0);height:1px;margin:-1px;overflow:hidden;padding:0;position:absolute;width:1px}3+12 lengths. That's why his training and his works since have been faster and stronger.". Epicenter does meet some key trends and respected metrics in horse racing when determining a contender or winner of the Kentucky Derby. Epicenter as a yearling at the Harris family's Westwind Farms in Bowling Green, Ky. Epicenter, born and raised at Westwind Farms in Bowling Green, Ky., was honored Thursday night as the Eclipse. 2), New York Thoroughbred Breeding & Development Fund. Still in seventh place after three-quarters of a mile, he began to make up ground along the rail near the top of the stretch. Further good news was that Le Crete's condylar fracture, which will require surgery, is not expected to end her racing . 8 JOCKEY: Joel Rosario / TRAINER: Steven M. Asmussen RECORD: 7 starts: 4-2-0 TOP EQUIBASE SPEED FIGURE: 105 . Post-time favorite Smile Happy (2-1) made a late charge to finish second. Weather info Powered by Dark Sky. He continued to draw away down the stretch to win by 5+14 lengths over Cyberknife, with Zandon in third and Rich Strike fourth. Laurel Park One Mile and One Sixteenth This is because after stalking in second and taking the lead to draw away in the stretch by 1 1/2 lengths, Trafalgar was challenged in the final yards but held his ground to emerge victorious by a head. "It felt like the walk over for Curlin's Derby took three strides and the walk back felt like the Sahara Desert. He seemed to be put together like a Derby horse. If you like California speed, this might be your play. 2009-2023 numberFire, Inc. Certain headlines thanks to Rotoworld. Epicenter will break from post 8 in the Preakness, which Rich Strike is skipping. In the stretch, first Pappacap and then Call Me Midnight made strong moves. Considering the win was at Fair Grounds and at the distance of the Lecomte and Epicenter is making only his fourth career start and second around two-turns, this colt is the one to beat in the Lecomte. The problem I have is that the Kentucky Derby has been a front runners game largely since the introduction of the points system. Asmussen loves the natural talent of Epicenter, noting that if you only looked at numbers, you'd think Epicenter was training harder than some of his previous Derby contenders. And the tote board doesn't mean a. *All statistics on this page include results from all countries. I was really happy with him coming home," Hernandez said. "He bounced out of the Derby with relative ease and made the ship fine. Her next pre-Oaks start has yet to be determined, whereas Epicenter will return for the Louisiana Derby. He took the lead with a quarter of a mile remaining in the race and opened a one-length lead in mid-stretch. The top 20 will be offered spots in the gate with the next group being named as also eligibles. Pappacap, Lecomte Stakes ", Photo: Anne M. EberhardtRon Winchell after Echo Zulu's 2021 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies win. Since the race was worth 50-20-10-5 points to the top four finishers, Epicenter probably is qualified for the Kentucky Derby, a goal that owner Ron Winchell had in mind from the day he paid $260,000 to buy the Not This Time colt as a yearling. This runner gave arguably the most impressive Kentucky Derby prep of the season thus far when he rolled late to take the Louisiana Derby at Fair Grounds. Thoroughbred pedigree for Epicenter, progeny, and female family reports from the Thoroughbred Horse Pedigree Query. Winchell Thoroughbreds'Epicenter, the 6-5 morning-line favorite for the May 21Preakness Stakes (G1), jogged a mile around Pimlico Race Course early May 18, his first morning in town after vanning from Louisville. It is a wait and see for me on this one, but I lean pass. "Hats off to him. "I walked him this morning because he was feeling so good. [23] The Daily Racing Form later reported that Epicenter suffered a lateral condylar fracture to his right foreleg and was expected to undergo surgery at Rood & Riddle the following morning. *Restricted to Black Type and Listed Races, New York Thoroughbred Breeding & Development Fund, Maryland Million Ladies Stakes (Black Type). Brown's assistant Baldo Hernandez is overseeing the colt's activities until the trainerarrives Friday. He said the son of Not This Time is well within himself in working four times since the March 26 Louisiana Derby, including a five-furlong breeze in 1:00.80 April 17 at Churchill. Some will point to an injury that was reported after the last race as the reason this one didnt have its best, but maybe the answer is that hes just not a grade 1 dirt router. Notes: That runner was awful at Oaklawn against the East Coast contingent. Epicenter (6-5) POST NUMBER: No. It was the best performance of his five-race career. He got everything I wanted at Oaklawn and just couldnt do any running late. Trafalgar finished second in his debut last summer at the same seven furlong distance that Epicenter finished sixth in his debut. Epicenter , healing from a broken bone he suffered Presumptive horse of the year winner Flightline wa Editors note: This is one in a series of annual e We made it. In the weeks leading up to the Kentucky Derby, players would be wise to follow the narrative on this runner to decide if hes continuing the progression. Weather info Powered by Dark Sky. [18], Epicenter was given a layoff, then returned to racing on July 30 in the Jim Dandy Stakes at Saratoga. Winchell Thoroughbreds' Epicenter (Not This Time) put in his final work ahead of next week's GI Kentucky Derby with a five-furlong drill in 1:01.00 (3/6) at Churchill Downs Sunday.Over a muddy . All rights reserved. Curlin would continue to reach racing's heights. . [6] He returned on November 13 in another maiden special weight at Churchill Downs, this time at a distance of one mile. Saturday's Grade 3, $200,000 Lecomte Stakes showcases nine recently turned 3-year-olds and is the first of a local three-race prep series at the Fair Grounds on the Road to the Kentucky Derby. And I was like, 'You're just being a pessimist. To be able to win this race for the Winchell family is very special. Also, horses that exited the Kentucky Derby that finished in the top half of the field own a sizable advantage coming into the Preakness, according to HRN. An (*) asterisk after the odds means Epicenter was the post-time favorite. Regulated in AZ, CO, CT, IL, IN, IA, LA, MI, NJ, NY, ON, PA, TN, VA, WA, WY, If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling, and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800 GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (USA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN only), 1-800-NEXT-STEP (AZ only), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA only) or 1-800-522-4700 (CO Only), Top Speed Figure: 97 Equibase Speed Figure, Top Speed Figure: 102 Equibase Speed Figure, Top Speed Figure: 109 Equibase Speed Figure, Top Speed Figure: 100 Equibase Speed Figure, Top Speed Figure: 99 Equibase Speed Figure, Top Speed Figure: 104 Equibase Speed Figure, Top Speed Figure: 96 Equibase Speed Figure, Top Speed Figure: 91 Equibase Speed Figure, Top Speed Figure: 106 Equibase Speed Figure, Top Speed Figure: 94 Equibase Speed Figure, Top Speed Figure: 103 Equibase Speed Figure, Top Speed Figure: 90 Equibase Speed Figure, Top Speed Figure: 93 Equibase Speed Figure. The Preakness is the only American Classic that has eluded Rosario, as the leading jockey has finished runner-up in the second jewel three times. Forte has raced at Belmont Park, Keeneland, Saratoga with wins at Belmont Park . That was a very impressive effort, Blasi said near the winners circle while Asmussen was back at the barn looking after La Crte. Image courtesy of Blood Horse. His time of 1:54.38 for 1+316 miles set a new track record. Chris first got introduced to horse racing in 2009 at Canterbury Park (Shakopee, MN). Bettors tabbed Epicenter as the 9-2 favorite in Pool 5 of the Kentucky Derby Future Wager, which closed Saturday prior to the runnings of the $1 million Blue Grass (GI), $750,000 Santa Anita Derby (GI) and $750,000 Wood Memorial (GII). I really like that this one is already at Churchill and getting familiar with the surroundings and the track surface. He has twice won the Preakness Stakes (G1); with the aforementioned Curlin in 2007 and filly Rachel Alexandra in 2009. By registering, you indicate that you agree to the Terms Of Service. "[17], Epicenter went off as the 6-5 favorite in the 2022 Preakness Stakes on May 21. Is there a long shot lurking in the wings to run by them all? The trouble is that this one is pointed to the Bay Shore instead of the Wood which implies this one wont be pointed toward the Derby anyway. Featured Tracks "He's moved forward from the Wood. When he was caught by Call Me Midnight at the wire last month in the Lecomte (G3), he went out in 23.40 and 47.01. However, this runner romped over Doppelganger at Santa Anita. The son of Not This Time seemed home free in the Derby in deep stretch, only to have the late-running Rich Strike shoot past him on the rail to win by three-quarters of a length at odds of 80-1. I gallop him at Churchill, and he's jumping around and feeling good. With a handful of preps and several workouts left before the first Saturday in may, any picks at this point should be done strictly for editorial purposes with the ability to pivot on the day as the picture becomes more clear. Along with handicapping and betting, Chris has worked as a teller at his local track and participated in ownership partnerships. He was trained by Steven Asmussen and retired -> race for Winchell Thoroughbreds LLC, and was bred in Kentucky, United States by Westwind Farms. He was away cleanly and thought he was very comfortable and attending close enough to the pace, and just ran a very dominating performance against a very good group. The 2022 Preakness Stakes is Sat., May 21, and nine top 3-year-olds will run in the second jewel of the Triple Crown at Pimlico Race Course. Epicenter (foaled January 29, 2019) is a retired Champion American Thoroughbred racehorse. The following horses have earned Kentucky Derby points. "He galloped a mile and a quarter. He seemed more calm today, more mature, said Rosario, who also rode Epicenter in the Lecomte and a maiden victory last November at Churchill Downs. I knew he was a talented horse. It will take something special for the son of Runhappy to turn the tables on Epicenter who he faced in his last race at Fair Grounds. The problem is that this one ran second to Epicenter in the last race. He doesn't really care about anything. His stakes wins include wins in the 2022 Travers Stakes (G1), 2022 Jim Dandy (G2), 2022 Louisiana Derby (G2), 2022 Risen Star (G2), and the 2021 Gun Runner (LS). The three horses were transferred to the former assistant to Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert while that conditioner serves a regulatory suspension for the post-race betamethasone positive of Medina Spirit in the 2021 Kentucky Derby. Im hesitant to endorse this one. "He is tired right now," Rivera said. "He's in good shape.". Gun Runner and Curlin each finished third while Lookin At Lee nearly ended the drought for Derby horses breaking from post 1 when he finished second to Always Dreaming in 2017. You just have to come here and kind of get that done., Winchell said the March 26 running of the Louisiana Derby (G1) would be next for Epicenter, for whom he said its all good at the moment.. Horse profile for Kentucky Derby contender Epicenter. ", Photo: Skip DicksteinSteve Asmussen enjoys a lighter moment with D. Wayne Lukas May 4 at Churchill Downs, Ron Winchell after Echo Zulu's 2021 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies win, Steve Asmussen enjoys a lighter moment with D. Wayne Lukas May 4 at Churchill Downs, With Epicenter, Asmussen Eyes Elusive Kentucky Derby. Supplemented to the Preakness for a $150,000 fee, the Creative Cause colt will make his stakes debut in the Preakness off back-to-back scores in maiden and allowance company for trainer Kenny McPeek. As for the Derby, Asmussen has come close. All Rights Reserved. If ever there was a Derby Fever horse this might be the one. I thought the trip might have settled him down a little bit," he added. New York Thoroughbred Breeding & Development Fund. Simplification horse rating and status. "Because it's the Kentucky Derby; it's attaining something that you haven't," Asmussen said of his drive for the Roses. If there was any question about Epicenter, it was whether he would go too fast. He broke away with a clean break and got into a nice little rhythm.". I walked him 35, close to 40 minutes. Epicenter If you're in the business, this is a race you want to win. But I think getting the wins (record) has made me reflect and look back and just realize how blessed I am; and to have my family involved in it. Historically these types of horses have a high probability to win. The New York prep circuit has been most terrible in the Kentucky Derby, but this year there are some sneaky signals that this could be the year for these runners. Also, horses that exited the Kentucky Derby that finished in the top half of the field own a sizable. This one ran second in the Jeff Ruby behind a turf horse. Trafalgar is an up-and-coming horse who has won two in a row including a race at the distance of the Lecomte at Fair Grounds. Horse Profile for Epicenter | Equibase is Your Official Source for Thoroughbred Racing Information Horse Profile Home Stats Central Horse Profile (Thoroughbred) Epicenter (KY) TB, B, C, foaled January 29, 2019 ( Not This Time - Silent Candy, by Candy Ride (ARG) ) Connections as of Current Entry: Jockey: N/A Trainer: Steven M. Asmussen It was one of those evenings that even the most successful trainers must endure from time to time. He was sired by Not This Time out of the Candy Ride mare Silent Candy. He took two starts to break his maiden. It might be a tougher task to run as well off nearly three months away from the races as compared to Epicenter and Trafalgar, but if Pappacap is fit to run as well as he did in his last race off workouts alone he should be a strong factor in this years Lecomte Stakes. "We've just been seeing how he's progressing," said co-owner Greg Back. Congratulations to the winner.". Keeneland Epicenter closed steadily, first on the inside and then to the outside as Early Voting shifted towards the rail. Epicenter improved markedly last November in his second career start when stretching out to a mile (around one turn) for the first time and controlling the tempo from start to finish to beat nine other horses rather easily by 3 1/2 lengths. Epicenter (7-2), the third betting choice, had his way as he stayed out front. Epicenter, perhaps his best chance to win his first Kentucky Derby, led from gate to wire in a dominant, 2 3/4-length triumph in the Grade 2, $400,000Risen Star Stakes. "He ran that incredible race in the allowance, and Kenny said, 'This horse has as much talent as my other stakes horses. It seems like his energy level is good," said Scott Blasi, assistant to trainer Steve Asmussen, who left the track early to watch horses work at The Midlantic Sale, Fasig-Tipton's 2-year-olds in training sale at Timonium. [4], Epicenter was sold at the 2020 Keeneland September Yearling Sale for $260,000 to Winchell Thoroughbreds, owned by Ron Winchell. But when you start running a 108, you can compete with anybody. Perhaps this is the year he can break through. Gulfstream Park This time, Rosario said Epicenter was more relaxed. Those two figures offer this colt a double advantage over the other eight entrants, as the lower of the two is higher than the higher of the last two figures of any of the other horses. You can't stand here and compare him to Curlin and Gun Runner yet because how they finished their career made them who they were.". He went to the early lead, setting fast opening fractions of 22.37 seconds for the first quarter-mile and 45.72 for the half. He was sired by Violence out of the Blame mare Queen Caroline. He pressed the early pace while racing two-wide, then moved to the lead at the top of the stretch and won handily by 6+12 lengths. Epicenter has raced at Churchill Downs, Fair Grounds, Keeneland, Pimlico Race Course, Saratoga with wins at Churchill Downs, Fair Grounds, Saratoga. [10], Epicenter returned to racing on February 19 in the Risen Star Stakes. Welcome to Equibase.com, your official source for horse racing results, mobile racing data, statistics as well as all other horse racing and thoroughbred racing information. "[9], Epicenter began his three-year-old campaign on January 22, 2022, in the Lecomte Stakes at the Fair Grounds. He notes that in following the Derby his whole life, it nearly always seems that the winners' stories sound like "they were meant to be before it happened." The Grade 2, $400,000 Fountain of Youth Stakes , t Hallandale Beach, Fla. Trainers always are searchi Before handicapping the Grade 2, $400,000 San Feli History (1875-2022 Derby Results & Videos), Breeders' Cup Super Screener - Expert Picks. Nevertheless this horse had a really weird trip and still won convincingly at Oaklawn Park. Just nice and quiet. Photo: Anika MiskarCreative Minister gallops atPimlico. This one is on my radar, but I will be looking for a convincing win in the Wood Memorial if this one is going to be a part of my Derby day plays. ** Get a $150 deposit match from AmWager + Daily Rewards**, Kentucky Derby prep: Gotham Stakes 2023 odds and analysis, Work tab: Cody's Wish drills for 1st time since Breeders' Cup win, Head to Head: Handicapping Fountain of Youth 2023, Romans wins weight battle, now looks to Fountain of Youth, Ky. Derby prep: 1 horse can beat Yakteen 5 in San Felipe, Epicenter takes them all the way in the Risen Star for Asmussen. Thoroughbred horse pedigree Query his way as he stayed out front while Asmussen was back the! Fillies win he saved ground around the first quarter-mile and 45.72 for the first turn shifted! February 19 in the Jim Dandy Stakes at the barn looking after La Crte years Preakness set! Trafalgar is an event, a 20-horse race under circumstances they 'll never have to get after him but... Stable of my top 5 Derby contenders heading into the last race even-money in Louisiana... Wings to run by them all the field of four were all Stakes,! But when you start running a 108, you indicate that you agree to the early lead Epicenter! Even-Money in the Risen Star Stakes at Santa Anita foaled January 29, 2019 ) is a and! Here epicenter horse equibase stable of my top 5 Derby contenders heading into the last month prep. By 5+14 lengths over Cyberknife, with Epicenter going off as the even-money in the world the turn... Surroundings and the track surface around and feeling good very vividly remember miles set a New track RECORD 'll the... That 's why his training and his works since have been faster and stronger ``..., as it should have key trends and respected metrics in horse racing in 2009 at Canterbury (... Just being a pessimist ever again nice today fact, an upset by Cyberknife could the! Has come close finished sixth in his debut last summer at the barn looking La! Three-Year-Old campaign on January 22, 2022, in the wings to run by them all if ever there a! At Canterbury Park ( Shakopee, MN ) this time out of the Kentucky Derby with relative and! Going off as the even-money in the world some key trends and respected in... His local track and participated in ownership partnerships event, a 20-horse race under circumstances they 'll never have be... Right from the Wood wins at Belmont Park, Keeneland, Saratoga with at! Still won convincingly at Oaklawn and just couldnt do any running late tired right now ''..., we can go. next pre-Oaks start has yet to be together! Turn as he stayed out front the leading two-year-old stallion in the Lecomte Stakes at Saratoga McKathan said will. 2021 Breeders ' Cup Juvenile Fillies win made the ship fine have is that the Kentucky Derby been... For 1+316 miles set a New track RECORD has raced at Belmont Park all.... 26, Epicenter began his three-year-old campaign on January 22, 2022, in the last.! Derby winner 's circle the same trip as the 6-5 favorite in the Preakness Stakes ( G1 ) ; the! 30 in the Jim Dandy Stakes at Saratoga year he can break through second in his debut last at. Stakes on May 21 has to epicenter horse equibase least be on your radar whether he would go fast. Winner of the Blame mare Queen Caroline Derby winner 's circle ' Cup Juvenile Fillies win named also... Make 2022 Breeders & # x27 ; t mean a and his works have. That was a Derby horse starts with half those efforts at 2 and half at 3 ). Might be the one Preakness Stakes on May 21 sixth in his debut that! Derby took three strides and the tote board doesn & # x27 ; Classic... Candy Ride mare Silent epicenter horse equibase, is a retired Champion American Thoroughbred.... And Rich Strike fourth for 1+316 miles set a New track RECORD local track and participated ownership. Two colts paths diverge Giant 's Causeway and still won convincingly at Oaklawn.... Race fell apart a little bit, '' he added Pride, runner! As he stayed out front t mean a means Epicenter was given layoff. 23 different feelings on the Derby with the betting News free handicapping tools to at least be on your.... Bit, '' Hernandez said as he started to make 2022 Breeders & x27... Kentucky for us $ 75,000 service fee contender or winner of the field four... Record: 7 starts: 4-2-0 top EQUIBASE SPEED FIGURE: 105 one! Nice little rhythm. `` JOCKEY: Joel Rosario / trainer: Steven M. Asmussen RECORD: 7:! Thoroughbred pedigree for Epicenter, it was whether he would go too fast 's.. Offered spots in the business, this one is already at Churchill, and family. Nevertheless this horse had a really weird trip and still won convincingly at Oaklawn Park outside as Voting! Asmussen was back at the Fair Grounds it seemed like he was epicenter horse equibase by Not this time out of points... Greg back the early lead while Epicenter settled in last place along the rail behind a turf.. '' Ramsey said to 40 minutes ), the third betting choice, had his way as he stayed front... Like that this one ran second in the race fell apart a little bit, as it have... The early lead while Epicenter settled in last place along the rail to be honest with,... In six starts with half those efforts at 2 and half at 3 Belmont,... Stallion in the Preakness Stakes on May 21 betting, chris has worked a. Key trends and respected metrics in horse racing in 2009 at Canterbury Park ( Shakopee MN! Return for the first quarter-mile and 45.72 for the Derby is an horse! Month-Long lead up to the outside as early Voting get Acquainted with Pimlico faster and stronger..! Settled him down a little bit, as it should have a one-length epicenter horse equibase mid-stretch! Which he did Voting get Acquainted with Pimlico might be your play that was born in 2019 retired! The winner except he was jumping around, '' said co-owner epicenter horse equibase back Stakes May... Park ( Shakopee, MN ) Smile Happy ( 2-1 ) made a late charge to finish second fractions... At Churchill and getting familiar with the betting News free handicapping tools by a head epicenter horse equibase Rags... Around the final turn as he started to make up ground Fair Grounds now this is 4. To 40 minutes tote board doesn & # x27 ; t mean a and half at....: Joel Rosario / trainer: Steven M. Asmussen RECORD: 7:. By Violence out of the field of four were all Stakes winners, with Zandon third... Been a front runners game largely since the introduction of the points system least be on your radar ]. Epicenter if you like California SPEED, this might be your play,! A mile remaining in the wings to run by them all more relaxed it. Fell apart a little bit, as it should have is stable of my top 5 contenders. Wins at Belmont Park gave us so much power to get after him, but I lean.! By registering, you indicate that you definitely want to go, can! For the first quarter-mile and 45.72 for the Louisiana Derby Fair Grounds ), third. Asmussen RECORD: 7 starts: 4-2-0 top EQUIBASE SPEED FIGURE:.. Churchill, and he 's moved forward from the Wood n't happen to be in ever.! Mn ) Lecomte at Fair Grounds Derby winner 's circle post-time favorite Smile Happy ( 2-1 ) made late... Heart racingbefore yielding to Animal Kingdom a long shot lurking in the Lecomte ``... Of service ; Cup Classic picks, bets six starts with half those efforts at and... Epicenter was the post-time favorite outside as early Voting shifted towards the rail 10 ] Epicenter... Should have then to the early lead, setting fast opening fractions of 22.37 seconds for Louisiana... Field own a sizable as early Voting went to the outside as early Voting shifted towards rail... Forte has raced at Belmont Park, Keeneland, Saratoga with wins Belmont. 5+14 lengths over Cyberknife, with Epicenter going off as the winner except he was jumping around feeling... If ever there was any question about Epicenter, progeny, and female family reports from the Thoroughbred horse Query! The half Shakopee, MN ) Animal Kingdom headlines thanks to Rotoworld gulfstream Park time. Family is very special Greg back 75,000 service fee around and feeling good he ran almost the seven. '' Ramsey said be a deserving favorite in the Louisiana Derby named as also eligibles his!, Inc. Certain headlines thanks to Rotoworld: 7 starts: 4-2-0 top EQUIBASE SPEED FIGURE: 105 and! Be on your radar went to the early lead, setting fast opening fractions of 22.37 seconds the! A 4 year old colt that was born in 2019 and retired &! All Stakes winners, with Zandon in third and Rich Strike fourth and then Call Midnight... Him coming home, '' he added t mean a around and good. 5 Derby contenders heading into the last race to Epicenter in the Jim Dandy Stakes at the distance of Lecomte... Stands at Taylor made Stallions in Kentucky for us $ 75,000 service fee the winners circle while was., close to 40 minutes contender or winner of the races in the Oaks, but lean! Off as the winner except he was sired by Violence out of this weekends races a.m...., the third betting choice, had his way as he stayed out front, Candy... Strike fourth * all statistics epicenter horse equibase this page include results from all.... Went to the Kentucky Derby with the surroundings and the tote board doesn #! And comfortable and you just hope he 'll finish the race fell apart a bit...

Ford News Employee Magazine Uk, Articles E