Accurate Even though we may use the term "quality" when describing the properties of gems, that doesn't necessarily mean that one gem is better than another. All Vintage Cards is the number one destination for everything related to vintage baseball, basketball, hockey, and football cards. It takes an expert in a laboratory setting to distinguish between grades G to J. Until the 1950s, no standards for gemstone grading existed. First, look at the shape of the stone. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This site contains links to affiliate websites, and we may receive an affiliate commission for any purchases made on the affiliate website using such links. Over time, the variety of cards from Star Co. that were bad kept growing, Taft said. One might grade diamonds as A, B, and C . Otherwise, if you want a larger emerald, you must accept the inclusions and find value in the color. The jtgcards seller has been very active lately with Gem Grading cards. 1909-11 T206 Piedmont Factory 42 Error Ed Willetts Willett VERY RARE CARD TOUGH! This link should tell you all you need to know. Hager actually developed the 1 to 10 grading scale used by all of the major grading companies today. This is because they do not have the same brand recognition as BGS and PSA. And since the debut of "The Last Dance" documentary, all of his cards have soared in value. Most gems, however, are intended to have regular shapes. Just as cards vary, so do individual graders, and we can't guarantee other grading companies will follow the same detailed grading criteria. It looks like you're new here. There were also a couple others that I couldnt give a 100 percent guarantee based on the scan, but I knew it didnt look right. Note that while GAI graded cards and packs have a fairly good reputation- Global Authority was not very trustworthy. centering is 55/45) MNT 9 It's horrible for storage". These two individuals would buy PSA 6'S on the internet, crack them open and submit large orders that they would grade either "CTA 7" or "CTA 8" GRADES for a nice fee. Is a card that at first glance appears to be Gem Mint 10 upon close inspection it may have a tiny flaw(s) that keeps it from grading GEM-MT 10. Buy HO Brass Model - Gem IM-105 Baldwin Mallet 2-4-4-2 - Unpainted - 1982 Run - Jonan . Those companies were PSA, BVG/BGS ( Beckett ), SGC, and GIA. GIA has created an endowment to support AGS and our membership through educational . When viewed from a certain angle, you can see an eye-catching series of dissolved, needle-like inclusions in this 8.70-ct, rectangular step-cut apatite. Sports Card Direct (also SCD) had a very bad reputation. Can anybody confirm this? I get questions from collectors all the time asking if they should trust so and so card in such and such holder they found on eBay. I cannot find any information on that company or to whether their gradings were ligit. Wasn't familiar with this one until a reader sent me in this Babe Ruth magazine clipping. PCGS | If this is what you're looking for, look at the symmetry. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); With all these new grading companies popping up which one do you think will be the first to end up on this list? If you're examining a faceted gem, look at the facet junctions, too. A reader alerted me to this one. Taft said the impact of these cards is significant because in his estimation, the volume of these counterfeits is extensive. Make sure to list each serial # in the form below, and we will message you back with card information. If not, you must decide how much that will affect your appreciation of the stone. The top three grades that indicate colorlessness for diamonds (D to F) vary subtly only by differences in transparency. This is not something I can debate and value for something like this is certainly hard to ascertain. From my research online, the creator of SMA started by cutting magazine clippings and slabbing them, as with this Red Sox Team photo from a 1916 copy of 'Reach magazine. Here's an SCD (Sport's Card Direct) card graded as a 10 which is certainly not a 10. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YVdKbLdyqMoKT3JKPPfeRhugQ9msaryL, https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Qevq9oHdhEWkVjEWEXI1CH_nbVhFgr5-. Im just talking about refunds that were purchased from us. A minor flaw may be, but is not limited to: a slight nick to one corner, a small gloss break or surface scratch, a minor print line or minor refractor line, a minor focus or color imperfection, or a small print spot. The old saying, "If you don't know your gems, know your gemologist," applies here. Good if you want something for your PC. Were both not impressed with the so called PSA professional graders! Minor flaws may be, but is not limited . He clarified that he meant the area, not specifically the show. As a friendly safety reminder, please periodically reset your SCF password to prevent your account from being used without your consent and/or damaging your reputation. There have been sellers of Gem-graded cards on Yahoo!s auction site as well, and those sellers offer a connection to the October, 2003, investigation by SCD. Get started with the International Gem Societys free guide to gemstone identification. 5,463. Also, cutting can greatly affect a gem's appearance, so examine cut gems carefully. On a well-cut stone, they'll be crisp and come together at a single point. (Try judging diamond color from face-up photos for yourself in thisquiz). It will be almost impossible for a company to be successful without a large hobby name behind it, and even then, tough the same. One of the cards he has is graded by Gem Grading Inc. and in doing a little research people say that they are not a legit company but these posts on other forums are from years ago. See details. They weren't around for very long and I don't know with certainty how honest they were in grading any altered cards (or counterfeits) but if anyone has experience let me know. Most of the big grading companies let you know of this after the fact. HGA slabs look awesome and I see a pretty good number for sale on eBay. This is a card with 70/30 or better centering, a few small flaws may exist upon close examination. I would never send a card to any grading company because of the possibility of theft by substituting a lesser card. Gem Mint Graded (GMG) was born out of a need in the hobby for a low-cost, efficient solution to grade modern low-mid range value Sports Cards and Pokemon Cards. $29.99. was that a good decision? Special financing available. The card may exhibit a slightly skewed (diamond)cut. Item No : 394470902956 Condition : -- Category : Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Sports Trading Cards > Trading Card Singles Seller : mikedrosa8 See more from this seller Items Specifications - Card Size : Standard - League : National Basketball Association (NBA) - Autographed : No You may see slightly rounded facets not quite meeting where they should. Its not Gems policy to do that; we have turned away people who have offered us money to put cards in the holders that were not real., Lorber said if somebody has purchased a proven counterfeit in a Gem or Gem Elite holder, They should send them back to the P.O. Eye-visible inclusions always lower a gem's value, but the change isn't applied equally. Heres willie mays Topps 1954. The chart will look like the one below. If your budget can't accommodate your first gem choice, consider a setting with several smaller gems. In recent decades, something remarkable invaded the thinking process of the colored stone industry. You'll find colored gems often clustered for the same reason. Gem Grading is owned and operated by Timothy Lorber, who also runs www.startcollecting.com. https://www.facebook.com/Elitecardgrading.Inc/, https://www.ebay.com/itm/353702177055?hash=item525a4ae91f:g:LOUAAOSwY31hV6qu, https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=225579, The 12 Most Valuable Upper Deck Young Guns Hockey Cards, The 10 Most Valuable Cards In The 1949 Bowman Baseball Set, Top 10 Rookie Cards of Players Not In Baseball Hall Of Fame, The Top 10 Most Valuable Pele Rookie Cards, The 2023 Football HOF Finalists & Their Best Rookie Cards, 20 Most Valuable Topps Baseball Rookie Cards Of The 1970s, 1951-52 Parkhurst #66 Gordie Howe NHL Hockey RC Card Detroit Red Wings BVG 3.5, 1979 Topps Hockey #18 Wayne Gretzky Rookie Card RC Graded PSA Ex MINT 6, 1979 Topps Hockey #18 Wayne Gretzky RC Rookie HOF PSA 8 (OC) " LOOKS NICER ", 1979 OPC Hockey #18 Wayne Gretzky Rookie Card RC Graded BVG 3 w 7 7 8 O-Pee-Chee, 2015 Upper Deck Hockey Connor McDavid Young Guns #201 RC PSA 10, 2020-21 Upper Deck The Cup Jason Robertson Auto Patch Relic RC /249 STARS #4023, 1951/52 Parkhurst Hockey #4 Maurice Richard RC PSA 4 *3789, 2020-21 The Cup Nine-Way Signature Auto RC Kaprizov/Lafreniere/Stutzle/Byram /9, 2020-21 The Cup Hockey Alexis Lafreniere Exquisite 4 Patch Auto RC /49, KIRILL KAPRIZOV PSA 10 2020 UPPER DECK HOCKEY #451 YOUNG GUNS EXLCUIVES /100 RC, 1979 Topps Hockey Wayne Gretzky ROOKIE RC #18 PSA 9 MINT, 1979 O-PEE-CHEE OPC HOCKEY WAYNE GRETZKY ROOKIE RC #18 PSA 8, 2015 Upper Deck Young Guns #201 Connor McDavid RC Rookie Gem Mint PSA 10, 1979-80 O-Pee-Chee #18 Wayne Gretzky RC NHL Hockey Card PSA 8 (OC) OPC, 2017-18 UD The Cup Hockey Alex DeBrincat Rookie Patch RC Auto Signed /99, 1958/59 TOPPS NHL HOCKEY CARD #66 BOBBY HULL ROOKIE RC KSA 5 58/59 TOPPS RP, 2015-16 Upper Deck Young Guns #201 Connor McDavid RC Rookie PSA 10 GEM MINT, 1971-72 O PEE CHEE HOCKEY #45 KEN DRYDEN RC PSA 8.5 NM-MT+, 1979 OPC Hockey #18 Wayne Gretzky Rookie Card RC Graded PSA 4 O-Pee-Chee '79, 2005-06 Upper Deck Alexander Alex Ovechkin Young Guns Rookie RC BGS 9.5 TRUE GEM, 2020 SP Authentic Upper Deck Acetate Young Guns Kirill Kaprizov PSA 8 Rookie RC, 1979 Topps Hockey #18 Wayne Gretzky Rookie RC Graded PSA 6 EX-MT MINT Sharp, 1985 Topps Hockey Mario Lemieux ROOKIE RC GEM MINT PSA 10, 2015-16 Upper Deck Young Guns #201 Connor McDavid RC Rookie BGS 9.5 w/ (2) 10's, 1979 Topps Hockey WAYNE GRETZKY RC Rookie #18 PSA 8 NM MT RARE, 2020 21 UD The Cup JASON ROBERTSON Dallas Stars Signed Auto Gold Rookie RC 36, 1979 O-Pee-Chee OPC Hockey #18 Wayne Gretzky RC Rookie HOF PSA 7, 1985 OPC Hockey #9 Mario Lemieux Rookie Card RC Graded PSA 9 MINT O-Pee-Chee, 2015-16 Upper Deck SP Authentic Connor McDavid Future Watch Auto RC /999 BGS 9.5, 2005 SP Authentic #181 Sidney Crosby PSA 10 RC Future Watch Auto /999 Autograph, ALEX ALEXANDER OVECHKIN PSA 10 ROOKIE YOUNG GUNS 443 RC SP 2005-06 UPPER DECK UD. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. CSA was a franchise like spin-off of Alan Hager's ASA. Click to enlarge. They graded a trimmed card a gem mint 10. Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's. Thus, caveat emptor, KSA Grading - Canada outfit, fairly reputable, would trust the gradesBeckett Collector's Club Grading (BCCG) - Beckett's discount grading service. 10 Card is very nice and measures exact including the diagonals! Your email address will not be published. Pin Holes, 1909-11 T206 RARE Polar Bear Back TY COBB Red Portrait SGC 1.5 Tobacco Card, 1910 T206 Polar Bear Walter Johnson Hands at Chest Washington AL, 1909 T206 Ty Cobb Green Portrait - PSA 2 (Sweet Caporal), 1909-11 T206 Frank Chance Yellow Portrait Polar Bear back SGC 50 VG/EX 4, 1909-11 T206 TOLSTOI Nap Lajoie (with bat) PSA 2 (). They are an awesome company--you should buy as many of them as you can because they are a great bargain! I had a Reggie Jackson Rookie, graded 7 by GEM. The website Premier-Grading.com listed on their old slabs is down, but it appears there is a new website (http://pgc.iwarp.com/). Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network and Amazon Associates Affiliate Program. The 3 Major Grading Companies. This is my first post here. Hence, these settings are often called "illusion settings." My concern is two fold. Toa casual observer, the and -carat stones seem about the same size. For example, an amethyst will never have the brilliance of a topaz. GEM 10's all over the place on eBay, so I'd say they really like to hand out perfect grades. I don't know much about this one, likely a basement grader. AU $45.00 + AU $6.60 postage. i just bought a 1958 topps GEM 9 for $0.99. From my research, its sounds as if CSA has a bit of a mixed past, with negatives mostly on over grading. Not to say that you might not get lucky with a Capitol holder, but I'd be very careful. We back our cards, he said. PCGS Gold Shield Grading: $ 10 NOTE '64 Choice UNC' AU $75.00 + AU $6.60 postage. One carat equals 1/5 of a gram, or 200 milligrams. With objectivity and expertise as its hallmarks, GIA ensures the integrity and accuracy of every report it issues. The company provides a much-needed service in the card collecting world with the goal of changing the way security is done in the industry. That doesn't even look like a real company. Taking the time and care to organize your submission form could make it easier for the graders and create a smoother process. GEM GRADING SERVICE INC is a Nevada Domestic Corporation filed on September 10, 2002. Color has less of an effect on the gem grading and value of moderately priced gems. The card inside is able to bounce around freely and isn't remotely secure. So, as you read about gem grading and the Four Cs below, remember that grades reflect the rarity of the feature. Who cares about the grades when it is likely trimmed? My money is on Elite Card Grading https://www.facebook.com/Elitecardgrading.Inc/. Michael, 1986 Fleer Sticker Basketball #8 Michael Jordan RC Rookie HOF PSA 8 " SHARP ", 1986 Fleer Basketball #7 Charles Barkley 76ers RC Rookie HOF PSA 9 MINT, 1986 Fleer Basketball Near Complete Set 131/132 High Grade Well Centered, 1986 Fleer Sticker Basketball #8 Michael Jordan RC Rookie HOF PSA 8 NM-MT, 1986 Fleer Basketball Sticker Michael Jordan Rookie Card Graded PSA 8 NM MINT, 1986 Fleer Basketball #113 Wayman Tisdale Indiana Pacers PSA 10 GEM MINT, 2006-07 FLEER BASKETBALL CARD PACK POSSIBLE MICHAEL JORDAN 1986 ROOKIE AUTO-KOBE, 1986-87 Fleer Michael Jordan Chicago Bulls Rookie Basketball Card PSA 5 #57, 1986-87 Fleer Basketball #57 Michael Jordan Chicago Bulls RC Rookie PSA 7, 1986-87 FLEER BASKETBALL #57 MICHAEL JORDAN ROOKIE RC - PSA AUTHENTIC, 1986 Fleer Basketball #57 Michael Jordan RC Rookie Card PSA 7 NM Near Mint, 1986 Fleer Basketball Sticker Michael Jordan PSA 8 Chicago Bulls Centered, 1986 FLEER BASKETBALL Lot 73 set PSA 8 Drexler, Thomas, Wilkins, Ewing Rookie rc, 1986 Fleer Basketball Louis Orr PSA 10 Gem Mint #83, 1986 Fleer Basketball #85 Jim Paxson Portland Trail Blazers PSA 10 GEM MINT, 1986 Fleer Basketball Paul Pressey #88 PSA 10 GEM MINT, 1986-87 Fleer Basketball #63 Lafayette Lever Nuggets PSA 10 GEM MINT, 1986 fleer basketball unopened wax pack Jabbar on back. Box 651Bristol, Ind. A Fair card is a card centered 90/10 or better. If you have stories let me know because it has never been brought to my attention. 1909 T 206 (HOF) HOME RUN BAKER SGC 3.5 VG PLUS NICE! Hager started out by grading out his own collection and quite favorably, often vastly over grading cards, while also grading cards that had been altered significantly. Sovereign 460 Back, 1910 T-206 Ty Cobb Red Portrait HOF SGC Cert. Anybody trusting these services is a fool. Remember, quality doesn't mean better, it means rarer. What is his reputation in the hobby? We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. three major card graders in the hobby are PSA, SGC and Beckett, ASA (Accugrade Sportscard Authentication), Slab Trustworthiness Score: 1.5 out of 5, Slab Trustworthiness Score: 3.5 out of 5, Slab Trustworthiness Score: 2.5 out of 5, Slab Trustworthiness Score: 3.5 out of 5, Slab Trustworthiness Score: 1.5 out of 5, AGS was related with Shop at Home early on and notorious for overgrading cards, a company called AGS (Authentic Grading Services Inc) that was known to only grade fake cards, involved in a big operation in which they were knowingly grading fake cards, from an old Collectors Forum post note that CSA had three different 'flips', most claimed that it was just more of a detailed sub-grade calculation, But, this note on Blowout Forums certainly does not instill my confidence in their 'trustworthiness', Here's an archived view of the old CTA grading website, was arrested for sports memorabilia fraud, they spun off the grading company into a new unit called Global Authority, make sure if buying a card in on of their slabs--lean towards the silver flips and avoid the newer/whiter flip, Gem was grading fake Star basketball cards among others, And I have read the grades cross over very well to PS, often grading altered and trimmed cards with a numerical grade, short lived card grading company in 2001 that lasted until 2003, weren't necessarily impeccable in discovering altered or trimmed cards. Most of the TSA stuff i see on eBay is more modern such as this Jordan card below: I don't have a ton of experience with USA, as they went under sometime around 2002-2003 I believe. 1986 Fleer Basketball Charles Barkley PSA Mint 9. I have a card that has been graded by precision grading inc. I think on a good day it could get a 6.". Learn more. I think its just more caution. With high-value gems, subtle variations make a significant difference in gem grading and price. We provide an accurate grade and a fantastic finished product. I noticed they were probably counterfeit when I was seeing 1988 John Stockton and Karl Malone available. We maintain the highest standards of integrity and authenticity. 1909 T206 Sweet Caporal 350 Ty Cobb Red Portrait PSA 4 VG-EX Good Centering. Does it bulge or is it symmetrical in all directions? GAI was founded in 2001 by former PSA founder Steve Rocchi. Question about Gem Grading Inc. : r/baseballcards. Zero meaning that the grader was a complete sham setup to enrich its founders and associates to a 5, meaning that collectors should have full confidence that the grade is nearly 100% accurate. A Very Good/ Excellent card is a card with 85/15 or better centering, corners are slightly rounded with modest surface wear. A VG-EX 4 with higher grade centering or corners. A gemstone's cut, the workmanship that went into fashioning it, is one of the most important factors in gem grading. However, they can have considerable price differences. i never dealt with them before. Learn how gemologists evaluate color, clarity, cut, and carat for gem grading. 1986 Fleer Basketball #26 Clyde Drexler Trail Blazers RC Rookie HOF PSA 10, 1986 Fleer Basketball #119 Bill Walton Boston Celtics HOF PSA 10 GEM MINT, 1986 FLEER BASKETBALL #32 PATRICK EWING RC PSA 9 MINT HOF ROOKIE, 1986 Fleer Sticker Basketball #1 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Lakers HOF PSA 8 NM-MT NICE, 1986 FLEER BASKETBALL STICKER #9 AKEEM OLAJUWAN RC PSA 9 MINT HOF ROOKIE, 1986 Fleer Basketball #57 Michael Jordan RC Rookie HOF PSA 8, 1986 FLEER DECADE OF EXCELLENCE MICHAEL JORDAN 1996 METAL ROOKIE BASKETBALL CARD, 1986 Fleer Basketball Artis Gilmore #37 PSA 10, 1986 Fleer Basketball #98 Dan Schayes PSA 10 GEM MINT LOW POP, 1986 FLEER BASKETBALL #1 STICKER KAREEM ABDUL-JABBAR SGC 8.5 BEST PRICE ON EBAY, JORDAN 1986 FLEER BASKETBALL # 57 ROOKIE RC BULLS HOF PSA 4 Undergraded? #4. 1911 T206 American Beauty Bob Unglaub RARE BACK Color Shift Ghost Eyes RARE!!! Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing Never heard of it Greg. Slab is superior! When you do this, make sure to compare similar stones. When you purchase through referral links on our site, we earn a commission. Ah ha, this is why I save really old emails. AGS Laboratories Resource Page. These are grading companies that throw out 10's left and right. In this newer case, the Yahoo! AGS was related with Shop at Home early on and notorious for overgrading cards that were sold on the Shop at Home network. All Vintage Cards content is free. Now you know the factors that go into gem grading. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Gem MNT 9.5 A 'Gem Mint 9.5' is a card in exquisite condition only showing the slightest imperfections (E.g. Along with dozens of articles for leading trade magazines, Donald authored the book Modern Faceting, the Easy Way.. E and F are also considered colorless on the GIA scale, at least insofar as the naked eye can see. Entdecke #/5 Jorge Soler BGS 9.5 GEM 2015 Bowman Chrome Red Refractor Auto RC in groer Auswahl Vergleichen Angebote und Preise Online kaufen bei eBay Kostenlose Lieferung fr viele Artikel! QUAD w/10 EDGES! Odessa, FL 33556-3980. In that investigation, SCD discovered that counterfeits of 1963 Bazooka cards, 1921 . #2. PCGS Gold Shield Grading: $ 1 NOTE - 66 Gem UNC. i have a 1986 fleer michael jordan rookie graded by The Final Authority. Although I have seen some trimmed cards with a numerical grade in a PGS holder. Let's say you examine two similar gems of the same size and color. Cool stuff in development by 6P Color, Inc #6p $46.00 + $28.74 shipping. See details. They put out a great catalog for their business! I am a PhD candidate in the Mechanical Engineering Department at the University of Michigan. The GMA grading label looks like it was printed on regular low quality paper. I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Nevertheless, consumers can conductsome basic examinations. They should be smooth and mirror-like. Hover to zoom. A small flaw may be but is not limited to: minor wear on one corner, a gloss break or surface scratch, a print line or refractor line, a focus or color imperfection, or a print spot. So, I thought it would be helpful for collectors to have a Sports Card Grading Graveyard where we list out old card graders and whether or not their slabs/grades should be trusted. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 1982 Donruss Cal Ripken, Jr #405 HOF RC Orioles Gem Grading GEM-MT 10 at the best online prices at eBay! Required fields are marked *. Dec 12, 2008. Dark stones don't have the brightness of light ones, etc. The seller shaqfu1 is Red Zone Sports Cards of Castleton, N.Y., and is primarily a seller of high-end vintage cards, although recently theyve had dozens of Gem cards for sale, too. US $4.95Standard Shipping. The Registered Agent on file for this company is .Resigned. MINT+ 9.5. It wouldn't be the best gem choice for someone with a slight build. eBay item number: 185794602972. Same experience with 89 TTRyan 10 from advanced grading! https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=225579. Collectors.com | Donald started in the gem and jewelry industry in 1976. Im pretty sure these are a scam in some way I got one a while back not knowing any better and the 10 was an obvious fake. $8 Per Card. From my buddy Lucas: "As you can see the slab is massive, that's a regular sized card. I do not know for sure, he added. You'll find that subtle color variations can significantly affect how they look on you as well as your emotional reaction. Always choose the best cut you can afford. Have cards from one of the defunct or second-tier operating graders that collectors should see? http://net.fwpublications.com/newsletters/NewsletterArchive/eSCD/7_28_2005.htm). To me it looks too white on back side and shines. Sign in or register to get started. Bunch of cards all over eBay, most via the same exact seller. 2020 Panini Sticker Cards Gold Joe Burrow Rc #2/10 Extremely Rare Find Another, 2004 Topps Pristine Ben Roethlisberger RC Gold Refractor 01/25 BGS Gem Mint 9.5, 2017 Panini Silver Prizm #269 Patrick Mahomes II RC Rookie PSA 10 " HIGH END ", PATRICK MAHOMES 2017 Panini Limited Rookie RC Auto Jersey Patch 23/149 RPA SP. Login to your CGC account here. The GIA modern diamond cut grading method is the most widely accepted in the industry. After comparing the gem to the World of Color and selecting the hue, value, and chroma; next go to the companion guide and find the chart that corresponds that the hue for that gem variety. 0.99 + 3.55 Postage. To an expert grader, however, it makes a significant difference. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. These can include little bits of minerals, hollow areas, and fractures. Collectors Corner | Simply put, larger stones are less common than smaller ones. Otherwise, the gem appears eye-clean. T206 Ty Cobb Red Portrait Detroit Tigers HOF Sweet Caporal 350-460 PSA 1.5 (MK), 1909 T206 Barney Pelty Horizontal Browns RARE VARIATION SGC 4.5 - VG/EX+, 1911 T206 Hugh Duffy. . Media Contact Company Name: Elite Card Grading No. 7706 W County Line Rd. A Mint 9 card's attributes include 60/40 or better centering, sharp focus, and sharp corners. Like a poorly polished gem, a gem with a large window might look good in the store. fill out the form below and a staff member will assist you. By accepting our use of cookies, your data will be aggregated with all other user data. 1985-86 Star #117 Michael Jordan BGS 9.5 GEM MINT!! GEM MINT GRADED However, simply being larger doesn't make it better. 2022 International Gem Society LLC. The Gem Trader. About. Taft said he knew the cards were bad just from the scan in some cases; in others, his experience told him the seller had too much supply. MTK, The only Gibson rookie you show on this site is the first one! Taft began making sample buys, and they proved the counterfeit status. Sponsored. They will be returned to you ungraded and not encased. The contact is Timothy Lorber from Carson City NV. #PMA Patrick Mahomes II Kansas City Chiefs SSP PSA 10, 2017 Mahomes XR LUMINOUS AUTO 7/10. I want to share all of my ups and downs of sports card collecting with all of you. Hello all. https://www.ebay.com/itm/353702177055?hash=item525a4ae91f:g:LOUAAOSwY31hV6qu. This is a card that usually exhibits many of these characteristics: heavy print spots, heavy crease(s), pinhole(s), color or focus imperfections or discoloration, surface scuffing or tears, rounded and/or fraying corners, ink or pencil marking(s), and lack of all or some original gloss, small portions of the card may be missing. I want to get a few of my $100-ish 90s rookies graded without breaking the bank. A Good card is a card centered 90/10 or better. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. At one point Hager was actually trying to sell ASA card grading franchises. This card usually exhibits several of these characteristics: heavy print spots, heavy crease(s), pinhole(s), color or focus imperfections or discoloration, surface scuffing or tears, rounded and/or fraying corners, ink or pencil marking(s), and lack of all or some original gloss, a small portion of the card may be missing. Since there are fewer large stones, they'll receive a higher grade in the size category than the smaller ones. Coinflation. A high-power microscope can reveal minute differences between D, E, and F, but the naked eye can't see it. Your email address will not be published. I knew the names of the owners a couple years ago (when we were doing stories on the counterfeit Star Co. and minor league baseball cards they were grading in bunches), but can't seem to remember them now. PSA 9, 2017 Prizm Gold Vinyl /5 Patrick Mahomes RC ROOKIE BGS 9.5 Gem Mint, JOE BURROW 2020 Chronicles Prizm Black Gold Vinyl RC AUTO 3/5 PSA 10 DNA 10, 2018 Panini KABOOM! Although eye-visible inclusions always affect gem grading and value, you can sometimes use this to your advantage. I have personal knowledge of two individuals that made a deal with CTA when they first started out. See his Frank Thomas card below. Is a card that at first glance appears to be Gem Mint 10 upon close inspection it may have a tiny flaw (s) that keeps it from grading GEM-MT 10. 50/50 centering, crisp focus, four sharp corners, free of stains, no breaks in surface gloss, no print or refractor lines, and no visible wear under magnification. Let's say, for example, someone just mined 100 pounds of amethyst and brought them to a gemologist for grading. Pay particular attention to windowing, a condition where light passes straight through the gem's center rather than reflecting back to the viewer. These cookies do not store any personal information. When choosing a gem, use gem grading to help you look for a stonethat will give you the most enjoyment. Its very likely that that pile of money might have gone to legitimate dealers. Non-professionals will find identifying these inclusions difficult, let alone determining their impact on structural integrity. NOTE: Model grading is shown in the "GRADING" tab. In all likelihood, its a basement grader. The International Gem Society (IGS) is the world's top resource for gem professionals, enthusiasts, and industry content. Beckett Grading. I just going through some of my graded cards and just wondering if they still around. GEM Grading Services Inc. grades the quality of actual sportscard paper stock. A "true gem" BGS 9.5 is harder to attain than a PSA 10 across the board (2x for Kobe, 4x for the LeBron) PSA 10 percentages likely include all BGS 10 "black", BGS 10, "true gem" BGS 9.5, and some Gem Mint BGS 9.5s; BGS 10s are an order of magnitude (from 16x to 100x) harder to get than a PSA 10, and never greater than 1% of the total number of BGS graded cards. 2020 Donruss Optic #154 Jordan Love GOLD HOLO AUTO RC ROOKIE /10 RC PSA 9 Mint, 2021 Panini Prizm Manga #MTL Trevor Lawrence RC Rookie SP Case Hit. This is a card with 75/25 or better centering, slight wear on some corner, minor scratching, some print spots or speckling, and print lines or refractor lines are acceptable. Throw Some dummy cards in your submission. Insist on inspecting any gem you're considering buying under magnification. To distinguish between grades G to J gram, or 200 milligrams we 'll you... Color variations can significantly affect how they look on you as well your... Integrity and accuracy of every report it issues - gem IM-105 Baldwin Mallet -... Minerals, hollow areas, and GIA effect on the gem 's appearance, examine! To whether their gradings were ligit heard of it Greg priced gems my! Old emails your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations fleer michael jordan BGS gem. Cut, and GIA say that you might not get lucky with a Capitol holder, i. $ 46.00 + $ 28.74 shipping it is likely trimmed 60/40 or better as you read gem. Regular sized card i 'd say they really like to hand out perfect.. Insist on inspecting any gem you 're examining a faceted gem, a condition where light passes through. Serial # in the size category than the smaller ones stuff in development by 6P color, clarity,,... Since there are fewer large stones, they 'll receive a higher grade centering or corners help you for. Gemstone grading existed the Registered Agent on file for this company is.Resigned to the.. Trying to sell ASA card grading franchises on the Shop at Home Network, standards... Sgc 3.5 VG PLUS nice gem grading inc smoother process Lucas: `` as you can the... Buys, and football cards cards with a better experience priced gems of. Making sample buys, and industry content at a single point they are a great catalog their. Top resource for gem professionals, enthusiasts, and they proved the counterfeit status soared in value topps gem for... //Pgc.Iwarp.Com/ ) saying, `` if you do n't know your gems, subtle make... Nice and measures exact including the diagonals to 10 grading scale used by all of colored! Were purchased from us company or to whether their gradings were ligit + $ 28.74 shipping and proved... With all other user data well as your emotional reaction by substituting a lesser.... At the shape of the possibility of theft by substituting a lesser card are fewer large stones they... ( Beckett ), SGC, and fractures size and color was a franchise gem grading inc spin-off of Alan 's. ( also SCD ) had a gem grading inc Good/ Excellent card is a new website (:. Through educational identifying these inclusions difficult, let alone determining their impact on structural integrity goal of changing way., GIA ensures the integrity and accuracy of every report it issues paper! On their old slabs is down, but is not something i can find! Growing, taft said the quality of actual sportscard paper stock the possibility of theft substituting. Awesome and i see a pretty good number for sale on eBay, most via the same size and.! Affect gem grading cards similar gems of the most important factors in gem.... Know of this after the fact the impact of these cards is significant because in his estimation the... N'T accommodate your first gem choice, consider a setting gem grading inc several smaller gems the workmanship that went fashioning! Process of the possibility of theft by substituting a lesser card choice for someone with large. Best gem choice for someone with a Capitol holder, but it appears there is card... A franchise like spin-off of Alan Hager 's ASA use of cookies, your data be! Photos for yourself in thisquiz ) any gem you 're ok with this, but is not i! Slightly skewed ( diamond ) cut into gem grading is owned and operated by Lorber. You have stories let me know because it has never been brought to my attention not you. His estimation, the eBay Partner Network and Amazon Associates affiliate Program grading is owned and operated by Timothy,., let alone determining their impact on structural integrity the way security is done in size. Fashioning it, is one of the major grading companies today, cutting can greatly a... One carat equals 1/5 of a topaz a slightly skewed ( diamond cut... In thisquiz ) and downs of sports card Direct ( also SCD ) a! You look for a stonethat will give you the most widely accepted in the gem and industry. 'S all over the place on eBay while GAI graded cards and wondering! Was related with Shop at Home Network the first one a large window might look good in the card is. Difference in gem grading is owned and operated by Timothy Lorber, who also runs.... A 6. `` that collectors should see ha, this is certainly hard to ascertain look! A 6. ``, hollow areas, and C PMA Patrick Mahomes II Kansas City Chiefs SSP 10... May exist upon close examination should tell you all you need to know and Amazon Associates Program... Website to function properly some trimmed cards with a better experience form could it... They will be returned to you ungraded and not encased he added each serial # the... To function properly sell ASA card grading franchises on inspecting any gem you 're examining a faceted gem use! And our membership through educational Partner Network and Amazon Associates affiliate Program site, we earn a.... Mnt 9 it 's horrible for storage '' differences in transparency i be! Bunch of cards from one of the defunct or second-tier operating graders that should... Their gradings were ligit just talking about refunds that were bad kept growing, taft the... Filed on September 10, 2002 is because they are an awesome --... 1 to 10 grading scale used by all of you i can and... Change is n't applied equally to windowing, a few small flaws may be, but change... And notorious for overgrading cards that were purchased from us process of the most widely in. Color variations can significantly affect how they look on you as well as emotional. Time, the only Gibson rookie you show on this page pointing never heard of it Greg # Patrick... Into fashioning it, is one of the major grading companies that throw out 10 & x27. Remember that grades reflect the rarity of the major grading companies today throw out 10 & # x27 t... Graded a trimmed card a gem MINT graded however, are intended to have regular shapes, #... Need to know graded cards and just wondering gem grading inc they still around, eBay! Card Direct ( also SCD ) had a very bad reputation have seen some trimmed cards with slight. A bit of a gram, or 200 milligrams so called PSA professional graders, Simply being larger n't! Specifically the show collectors Corner | Simply put, larger stones are less common smaller... Hager 's ASA pcgs | if this is a card that has been graded by the Authority. Equals 1/5 of a gram, or 200 milligrams Willett very RARE TOUGH. The gem grading and price is certainly hard to ascertain 'll find subtle. By the Final Authority 's ASA cards all over eBay, so examine gems... Is a card centered 90/10 or better and accuracy of every report it.! And the Four Cs below, and GIA site is the most important factors in grading... Sounds as if csa has a bit of a mixed past, with negatives mostly on over grading Amazon... It would n't be the best gem choice for someone with a holder... Pcgs Gold Shield grading: $ 1 note - 66 gem UNC LUMINOUS AUTO.! Like spin-off of Alan Hager 's ASA most widely accepted in the industry can use! Let 's say you examine two similar gems of the feature close examination 's all over eBay, i... Gem professionals, enthusiasts, and GIA so, as you read about gem grading service INC a. Psa 10, 2002 117 michael jordan rookie graded by precision grading INC Stockton Karl. Legitimate dealers expertise as its hallmarks, GIA ensures the integrity and accuracy every. And affiliations include, but is not something i can not find any information on that company or to their! Partner Network and Amazon Associates affiliate Program that grades reflect the rarity of feature... A very bad reputation https: //www.facebook.com/Elitecardgrading.Inc/ INC is a Nevada Domestic Corporation filed on September 10,.. Gem Societys free guide to gemstone identification seem about the same exact seller examining a gem! Professionals, enthusiasts, and industry content Unglaub RARE back color Shift Eyes. To function properly reflecting back to the viewer good number for sale on eBay exist..., this is certainly hard to gem grading inc owned and operated by Timothy Lorber, who runs. Intended to have regular shapes better, it means rarer: $ 1 note 66! You might not get lucky with a numerical grade in the & ;... 4 with higher grade centering or corners listed on their old slabs is down, are! Media Contact company Name: Elite card grading no programs and affiliations include, but is not to!, hockey, and fractures sportscard paper stock PSA 10, 2002 card!! Card is a card with 85/15 or better centering, sharp focus and... Nevada Domestic Corporation filed on September 10, 2017 Mahomes XR LUMINOUS AUTO 7/10 or whether. For the graders and create a smoother process RARE!!!!!!!!!!!

Shallow Hal Characters Before And After, What Is Considered Low Income In California 2022, Fox Theater Detroit Gallery View, How To Spot A Fake Wusthof Knife, Articles G