When Greg moved from East Main Street, it was a lost to many of us. Barbara & Eddie, My heart go out to you doing this difficult time,words cannot even begin to express my sorrow,may the love of those around you help you through. [9][10], Ballard became a starter for the Bullets in 19791980, averaging 15.6 points, 7.8 rebounds, 1.9 assists and 1.1 steals. He will truly be missed. Facebook gives people the power to. I've known Greg for over half of my life since High School, he was a silly fun-loving guy with a smile or smirk on his face, ALWAYS!! Missing youDre'. Yogi, My god comfort you in your time of sorrow. Failed to report flower. Family members linked to this person will appear here. After graduation, he joined the Marines and would serve for 23 years. I can not think of ANYONE else to talk to about things going on around me in this world,but you! Our prayers is with the ballard family. He was born in Evansville, Indiana on April 1, 1972 to Ronald B. Ballard and Yvonne Campbell Smothers. Chris Vivlamore is the sports editor at The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Weve updated the security on the site. Many tears. Barbara, I want you to know are in my prayer my huaband and i lov you all. Failed to remove flower. Greg Ballard, a former Hawks assistant coach and scout for nine seasons, died Wednesday (November 9, 2016) at the age of 61 after a battle with prostate cancer. Becoming a Find a Grave member is fast, easy and FREE. His heart was pure and he loved Atlanta, GA, cars and motorcycles. He considered me a part of his family and his family did too. Send out the clowns. Supersonics Fred Brown (32) leads the pack during fifth game of the NBA World Championship in Landover, Maryland at night on Friday, June 1, 1979. He was always smiling (a lot of times laughing) which reflected he simply enjoyed life. In keeping with Greg's wishes, a private family graveside service will be held. Greg was born in Hot Springs, Montana on March 22, 1953 to Ed and Lucy Johnston. Learn more about merges. I will miss seeing you when I'm in town. Add to your scrapbook. Praying for the Ballard family. I am going to miss our laughs and memories that we so often shared from high school, thank you for being a great friend; always a gentleman, never a bad word to say about anyone, just a meek, kind and compassionate human being. To the family, you have my most sincere sympathy. Pablo Gallegos Pablo Gallegos, 85, passed away peacefully on January 27, 2023. I worked with Greg at Walmart, he always had a smile on his face and was a kindered spirt He also was my husband and grandson's barer. May God bless the Ballard family, friends and Greg. May God continue to give you peace. If you are having trouble, click Save Image As and rename the file to meet the character requirement and try again. It was a blessing to know and love him. May God continue to wrap his arms around you and hold you during this time of sorrow. Predeceased by parents John & Lucy Ballard, brothers Jack Ballard and Derek Ballard and step . Loving father of Alexis Ward (Brad Churchill), Brittney Ward (Matt White) and Tyler McLeod. Please enter your email address and we will send you an email with a reset password code. Elise Ballard, 15, of Manhattan, passed away surrounded by her family in the early morning hours of Christmas Day. He won a championship with the Bullets in 1978, when Washington defeated the Sonics in six games in the NBA Finals. You will be missed Greg. renato's palm beach happy hour Uncovering hot babes since 1919. The Bullets lost in the first round of the playoffs to Philadelphia (20). While in Junior High and High School, he worked part-time at the Gambles Hardware Store in Thompson Falls. Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God. Holman-Headland Mortuary & Cremations is in charge of the arrangements. Recommend Gregory's obituary to your friends. He served as an assistant coach under Mike Woodson for three seasons from 2004-07. Service will be at 1st Baptist Church of Berea Middleton, 511 Walnut Meadow Rd. I have been replaying ALL of this over in my mind,since I found out on Sunday! (70 years old). But always in our hearts.. Greg has been the same generous, kind-hearted and funny guy since we met in grade school. Sorry! He was predeceased by : his parents, Dauphus Eugene Ballard and Jessie Lee Anderson Ballard; and his daughter Jamie Ruppel. IndyStar archives contributed to this report. Include gps location with grave photos where possible. Continuing with this request will add an alert to the cemetery page and any new volunteers will have the opportunity to fulfill your request. Mr. Ballard was born and reared in Napier Field, son of the late Dauphus Eugene Ballard and Jessie Lee Anderson Ballard. Greg Ballard, who played 11 NBA seasons and helped the Washington Bullets win the league title in his rookie season, died Wednesday from prostate cancer. Search above to list available cemeteries. Praying for the Ballard Family during this time of sorrow. He had three younger brothers, Tom, Pete, and Brad. We will review the memorials and decide if they should be merged. [8], In 19781979, Ballard averaged 7.8 points, 5.5 rebounds and 1.4 assists as the Bullets finished 5428. This is why I do this., A Watch Party & Live Memorial Service has been scheduled for July 26 @ 12p EST, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqpdSCPs7wY. Receive obituaries from the city or cities of your choice. During his four seasons at Oregon from 1973-77, Ballardset the school record with 1,114 career rebounds, a mark that still stands nearly four decades later. The sponsor of a memorial may add an additional. You are only allowed to leave one flower per day for any given memorial. To the family members of the Ballard,Johnson,and Wise family, please remain prayerful through this difficult time in your lives! He was approachable, very kind, and considerate of others. Pablo was born January 13, 1938 in Captain, NM to Valentin Gallegos and . It has truly been an honor. The best poems for funerals, memorial services., and cards. [6], Ballard was selected by the Washington Bullets with the 4th overall pick in the 1st round of the 1977 NBA draft, behind Kent Benson (Milwaukee Bucks), Otis Birdsong (Kansas City Kings), and Marques Johnson (Milwaukee Bucks). My prayers are with all the family in these tough times. Thanks for being my children's surrogate uncle, they miss you already. Obituary NAPIER FIELDGregory Lee "Greg" Ballard, a resident of Napier Field, died Tuesday morning, May 4, 2021, in a Dothan hospital. Survived by parents, Eddie L. and Barbara Ballard; brother, Christopher J. BALLARD, Roy Roy died peacefully at home on Friday, December 11, 2020 at the age of 87. Always positive and upbeat.[20], Albany Patroons/Seattle SuperSonics (19881989), "Garey High School, Pomona (CA) Basketball Players RealGM", "Gregory Lee Ballard, Sr. View Obituary & Service Information", "Former Duck stars' numbers head for rafters", "Greg Ballard, former Oregon Ducks basketball star, dies of cancer at 61", "197778 Washington Bullets Roster and Stats", "1978 NBA Finals Washington Bullets vs. Seattle SuperSonics", "197879 Washington Bullets Roster and Stats", "1979 NBA Finals Seattle SuperSonics vs. Washington Bullets", "197980 Washington Bullets Roster and Stats", "198081 Washington Bullets Roster and Stats", "198182 Washington Bullets Roster and Stats", "198283 Washington Bullets Roster and Stats", "198384 Washington Bullets Roster and Stats", "1984 NBA Eastern Conference First Round Washington Bullets vs. Boston Celtics", "198485 Washington Bullets Roster and Stats", "198687 Golden State Warriors Roster and Stats", "Ex-NBA player, scout Greg Ballard remembered fondly by so many", "Greg Ballard, who won NBA title with Bullets, dies at age 61", "Greg Ballard Basketball Oregon Sports Hall of Fame & Museum", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Greg_Ballard_(basketball)&oldid=1083954552. Ballard also spent time in Treviso, Italy, as part of the NBA's Basketball Without Borders, the league's premier international basketball and community relations outreach program. He was educated and graduated from Nashville . The importance of saying "I love you" during COVID-19, Effective ways of dealing with the grieving process, Solutions to show your sympathy safely during the Covid-19 pandemic. For memorials with more than one photo, additional photos will appear here or on the photos tab. [14], Washington returned to the playoffs in 19831984, with Ballard averaging 14.6 points, 6.0 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 1.1 steals. This flower has been reported and will not be visible while under review. Until his death, he was an assistant coach and a scout in the NBA. Send Flowers: When Is the Ordering Deadline? Close this window, and upload the photo(s) again. He remains the schools all-time leading rebounder with 1,114 boards. RIP Greg Ballard. Dear son of Helen and the . Grief can be so hard, but our special memories help us cope. Funeral arrangement under the care ofHolman-Abbeville Mortuary - Abbeville. Gregory Majors, 66, of Wickliffe, Ky., passed away Wednesday, February 2, 2022 at Mercy Health Lourdes Hospital. It really saddens me to know that you are gone. Loving grandfather of Maeva. You are way more upset than I will ever be That was his gentle spirit!!! This browser does not support getting your location. Born April 28, 1975, in Indianapolis he was the son of Garrick and Tyanne Ballard. To the Family, be blessed and may God keep you comforted. To follow Gregory's story, enter your email. 2023 Charles Coelho Funeral Home & Cremation Services. Remembering you and your loved one today and always. based on information from your browser. Ballard, who died April 25 at the age of 56 . All rights reserved. He was full of laughter and smiles for which I will always remember. He is survived by : his wife Traci Skeen Ballard; his children, Jon Ballard (Charlotte), Jennifer Geri and Joanna Green (Aaron) of Pittsview, AL; his siblings, Diane Gilliland (Wayne), Beverly Tanner (Kylan), Brenda Snell (Greg) and Bob Ballard (Darlene) of Dalton, GA; and his grandchildren, Christina Geri, Clay Geri and Cooper Geri. Supportive spouse of April Large. We would like to offer our sincere support to anyone coping with grief. You can then forward the email to the family or print it and give it to them personally. To download this photo, the file name must have less than 255 characters. 2017-2023 Tribute Archive. They later issued the following statement: The Atlanta Hawks organization would like to offer our deepest condolences to Donna, Lawrence, Gabrielle, Greg Jr. and their extended family. Join Facebook to connect with Greg Ballard and others you may know. October 21, 2012. After his playing career, he served a total of 21 seasons as an assistant coach and a scout for a number of franchises, including the Atlanta Hawks, Minnesota Timberwolves and Dallas Mavericks. Greg was a wonderful person who was ALWAYS concerned about others. To: Barbara, Eddie, Chris and Aunt Jackie. [7], In the 1978 NBA Finals, the Bullets defeated the Seattle SuperSonics 43 to capture the NBA Championship. Memories of you will be great ones. Gregory is known by a lot of names, Gamer:Redefined, DJ Greg:Redefined, GregballardGR, Operator_05; despite his many identities online, he was always able to spread one message throughout any platform: One of the biggest lies ever told is, blood makes you family. Order by noon, TUES-SAT Please complete the captcha to let us know you are a real person. Though drastically outspent by Peterson during the campaign, Ballard benefitted from public outrage over property taxes increases. This will be Ballard's second time moving to South Carolina, according to WTHR Channel 13, which first reported his plans to move. how tall is m russell ballard Noend Tatical Documentao para posse e porte de arma de fogo. Thank you for fulfilling this photo request. Elise was born August 16, 2006, in Junction City, Kansas. Brother of Heather Ballard (Steve Jay), James Ballard (Brigitte) and Brian Ballard (Laurie). cemeteries found within miles of your location will be saved to your photo volunteer list. I love you so much,and one of these days we will be joined together, and pick up where we left off! Ballard was a Wooden Award first team all-American in 1977, a second-team selection by the USBWA and Converse Yearbook and a third-team pick by the NABC.

Who Has Played At The Joiners, Southampton, Articles G