Can't get enough ham recipes? This Skillet Brown Sugar Glaze Ham Steak recipe is perfect for making everyone happy at your dinner table. Brush ham with one-third of the prepared glaze. For a little extra flavor, brush over some of your remaining glaze just before serving your ham steaks. Posted on Last updated: November 28, 2022, 7 THE BEST Detox Teas for a Flatter Belly, Mandarin Orange Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette. Copyright 2023 Montana Happy | Wisteria on Trellis Framework by Mediavine. You can use it in any number of dishes! Place the ham in the oven and bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until . Melt butter and ground cloves together in a small microwave safe bowl, then add over the ham steak. For more glaze and little more flavor, you can continue applying glaze every 5-10 minutes while the ham steaks cook. Here are three ways to cook a ham steak without drying it out: 1. Whether serving for dinner with a few sides or eating with your Sunday brunch, a perfectly cooked ham steak makes for a quick and delicious meal. Step 3. "cook thoroughly"), it should also display cooking directions. Remove ham from skillet; drain off any fat. Cook until sugar is dissolved, approximately 5 minutes. Yum! A thicker ham steak will take more time to cook than a thinner one. Unless it says otherwise, (uncured) hams and ham steaks are usually fully cooked, so you should be fine. Have saved a lot with your recipes and just downloaded the ham steak for one. This was amazing. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. If your ham is a different size, then let it bake reserving the last 15 minutes for basting. Thank you for the ham recipe! Thank you for letting me know. (Approximately 3-4 minutes on each side.). Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). If the glaze hardens, it is likely because the heat was too high or the sauce was cooked for too long. Air-fry the ham at 380F for 18 minutes, basting with more of the glaze a couple of times during the cooking process. Make sure you join our Creating a Cozy Life Hygge Style facebook group. The times here are recommended for a ham steak around. I had to throw out two batches before I realized what was happening. Whether you have your own homemade applesauce or buy your favorite brand, applesauce add a little wow factor to your dish. If youve tried this glazed ham steak or any recipe on One Dish Kitchen please let me know how you liked it by rating the recipe and telling me about it in the comment section below. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Cookies collect information about your preferences and your devices and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. Turn oven to 375 and remove ham from the oven. This added a touch of maple flavor to this mouthwatering baked keto ham recipe. learn more. % of people told us that this article helped them. This recipe for a ham steak dinner was on the rotation. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook an 8-ounce ham steak for 3-4 minutes per side, or until lightly browned. glazed ham steak recipe, ham steak, ham steak recipe. Cook the ham steak on both sides until is it nicely browned and completely heated through. It thins out as it interacts with the heat from the grill.) Remove ham to a plate and loosely cover with foil to keep warm. References. Total time: 40 minutes Cook time: 35 minutes Prep time: 5 minutes Yields: 2 servings Number of ingredients: 5 I like my ham to taste like ham, and I like my recipes to be easy. If you are one who likes the fat removed, it can be trimmed before cooking the ham or just before glazing. (It will be a little thick, but don't worry. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Hello Erin! What is the best way to cook ham? A ham steak can be cooked numerous ways for different flavor dimensions. Heat bacon grease or oil over medium-high heat. Place the unwrapped ham steak on the preheated grill and brush half of the glaze on top. Thanks! If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Are coming out with a cookbook for all your delicious recipes? Costco has a package of three ham steaks together for one low price. Your email address will not be published. If the glaze hardens, it is likely because the heat was too high or the sauce was cooked for too long. Remove from the oven and baste with the rest of the glaze and cook an additional 10 minutes. This 4-ingredient ham steak recipe is sweet and also savory. deviled eggs will be fantastic. Melanie's Country Cooking 2.31K subscribers Subscribe 4.1K views 7 months ago Please like, share with your friends on social. Place ham steak in oven-proof skillet and pour sauce over top. Try apricot, pineapple or plum for a slightly different but equally delicious glaze. When people search for the best way to cook ham slices, if they just so happen to stumble across this recipe it turns out to be a very good thing. Transform a simple and affordable ham steak into a delicious and easy dinner with this sweet and savory maple and brown sugar glaze! Yes, tent your precooked smoked ham with tin foil, wrapping the foil to the edges of your baking dish. Add the ham steaks and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until browned. Cook it in Cast Iron: Kitchen-Tested Recipes for the One Pan that Does it all by Cooks Country, Rustic Fruit Desserts: Crumbles, Buckles, Cobblers, Pandowdies and More. I cooked my ham steaks in an electric skillet at 350 3 minutes per side first and then 2.5 minutes per side with the sauce. How to Cook a Ham Steak FAQ Is Ham Steak Already Cooked? When I decided to make a keto-friendly glaze for the ham, I knew I would use Lakanto Monkfruit Golden. I used a 10-pound bone-in fully cooked smoked ham. Make the Sweet Brown Sugar Glaze. For those who are gluten intolerant, no worries, as the glaze is gluten-free. Remove ham from the oven. Thank you for sharing this recipe. Place cherries on top. Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 311,065 times. Cover the entire top of the ham with the brown sugar or Turbinado. Kelly. How do you know when ham steak is cooked? [4] The baked keto ham smells as good as it looks! Add your ham to the pan and pour the glaze on top, making sure the entire ham is covered. If you're going this route, have a cup brown sugar plus 2 tablespoons of butter on hand. amzn_assoc_linkid = "674835fef7f3ea45e2e68b1df01b426f"; I see you have green beans on the plate (a perfect side). Melt the remaining butter in the same skillet. If you take a picture please tag us on Instagram (@onedishkitchen) wed love to see it! Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes. If this is the case, simply bring the oil to temperature over medium-high heat before adding the steaks to the pan. Tip: Before carving, the ham should set for 10 to 15 minutes after it is removed from the oven. Found this one. (Approximately 3-4 minutes on each side.) What Cut Is Ham Steak Stir in brown sugar. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Cookies collect information about your preferences and your devices and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. Use a high-quality, real maple syrup for the best flavor. A delicious ham steak is an easy way to enjoy a ham dinner without cooking a whole ham. Sear each steak for about 3 to 4 minutes. With a mixture of soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, white wine vinegar, and minced garlic, the bottom round steak marinade helps to tenderize the meat and infuse plenty of incredible flavors, making the steak extremely tasty. If Ham Steaks are not pre-cooked, they are not safe to consume before cooking. I like the ham steaks but I find them a bit salty after freezing them??? The marinade will also tenderize the meat. Cool. "A friend gave me a 1.5 pound ham steak, and I was just going to fry it. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Combine sugar, pineapple juice, mustard and cloves. If the ham glaze hardens, it was likely cooked too long. Everyone that is served this simple dish asks for a copy of the recipe because it is that good. Add 1 cups of water to the pot. Remove the foil during the last part of baking this mouthwatering keto ham recipe. Bonus: Once the bacon has finished cooking, you can either serve it alongside your steaks for an extra side of porky protein, have yourself a pre-breakfast/dinner snack, or save it for another use altogether. Spread the glaze over the ham steak. Cover and cook for 4 more minutes until the ham is heated through. If your store-bought sauce is a little too thick to make a glaze, dilute it with a little bit of water or apple cider vinegar until it reaches a more workable texture. When I make this again, I will omit the water. Please take a look at our ham steak video, we show the step-by-step process for making the ham glaze. I am a senior who lives alone; don't like waste; do love tasty !!! Step 2: Cook the grilled ham steak glaze over medium heat until very warm, starting to simmer and well blended. Sear the steak for about 4 minutes. 2) Remove ham steak from the skillet and keep warm. Much better. Add the bacon to a large frypan or skillet over medium-high heat. Chef Sasha Reyes is the Executive Chef and Owner of Artisan Personal Chefs. Simmer until slightly thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. how to cook elk ham steak. Add 1 (8-ounce) ham steak and cook until golden-brown on both sides, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Put the ham steak in the air fryer and cook at 400 degrees F for 4 minutes. Using a scissors, cut open the oven bag and roll back sides to expose ham. Score ham (follow detailed instructions above the recipe card in the process pictures in the post. Add the butter to a skillet and heat over medium. The amount of sugar remaining in the ham can vary widely between brands so be sure to read the labels carefully. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Ham, in its natural state or smoked ham, is low in carbs and high in fat. To cook ham steak, start by greasing a skillet with cooking oil and heating over medium heat. I added another piece of foil to the side that wasnt covered. 1) You can substitute regular mustard for Dijon mustard. Stir the cola, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar together in a bowl and pour over the ham steaks. 2. Recipe Notes Cooked in a skillet, a small ham steak cooks in just 10 minutes! Bake for 30 minutes. Total Time 3 hours 15 minutes Prep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 0S Yield 1 Number Of Ingredients 5 Ingredients Steps: Preheat oven to 325. Then turn the steak over and cook for a further three minutes. Once the butter has melted, add cup brown sugar and stir to dissolve. Baste the remaining butter and brown sugar mixture on top and add the honey, if using. Then, remove the ham from the skillet and drain any fat. 2023 The Seasoned Mom. Bake* 20 to 30 minutes until ham is cooked and sauce has reduced. When air fryer is hot, place the ham steak into the air fryer basket. In the same skillet with the butter, whisk together maple syrup, brown sugar, mustard and salt. My mom always made a ham slice dinner with a side of macaroni and cheese and applesauce. Come say hello and follow Joanie on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and LinkedIn. Last Updated: May 20, 2022 This should not happen and as you can see from our video and from photos, the butter melts, and the brown sugar dissolves. For examples of the dishes used at One Dish Kitchen, please visit ourStore page. Enjoy! Some people remove it while others do not. 2) Remove ham steak from the skillet and keep warm. I made this tonight. "It's so wonderful that cooks share new ways of preparing a familiar meat. Inspired by local traditions and seasonal fare, youll find plenty of easy, comforting recipes that bring your family together around the table. The ham I cooked was 10lbs, and the instructions in the packaging said to cook it for 15-20 minutes per pound until it reached 140 degrees internal temperature. Add the pink ham steaks in add cook for 3-4 minutes - just enough time for them to brown on both sides. Meanwhile, in 1 -quart saucepan . It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionists advice. Pour the glaze over the ham steak just before serving. (-) Information is not currently available for this nutrient. If your baking dish doesnt have high edges, make the sheet of tin foil big enough to wrap over the ham, and under the baking dish, so it remains tightly sealed while baking. Instead, consider buying a ham steak. Macaroni and cheese is one of the most perfect ham sides. Use a roasting rack to place the ham so it's not touching the water. Learn how your comment data is processed. Step Two: Transfer the ham steak to a small plate, cover and keep the ham warm while you make the glaze. If you dont have an outdoor grill, you can use a grill or griddle pan indoors to achieve a similar effect. A side salad is a healthy option when deciding what to make with ham. Pin this ham recipe below on your recipe board on Pinterest. I get a lot of comments from men, just learning to cook that say that this ham steak dinner makes them look like they are kitchen rock stars! Bake in the preheated oven, basting with broth every 20 to 30 minutes, until heated through, about 1 1/2 hours. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the ham steaks back to the pan. What can I do next time to where the ham won't be so dry and tough? Your email address will not be published. amzn_assoc_asins = "B015COKN5A,B01IHHLB3W,B003YLJZ6M,B005P0OLOQ"; The serving size for a bone-in ham is approximately 1/2 to 3/4 pound per person so a 10-pound bone-in ham would feed approximately 14 to 20 people. If you squirt it all over the top of the ham then roast it, all the juices come out and the honey cooks, reduces and caramelises.'. Place the heat steak on the grill over direct heat and brush the top of the ham steak with the brown sugar glaze. Learn how your comment data is processed. Store this brown sugar glazed ham steak in the refrigerator, covered for 3-4 days. A sweet ham steak recipe. See recipe box below for ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions. Melt the remaining butter in the same skillet. ** Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Let your friends know who are looking for recipes that you found one that your family liked! Don't forget the Red-Eye Gravy on the side! This article was co-authored by Sasha Reyes. Its not in the plans right now. The tenderness of your elk steak is going to rely heavily on how you cook it. I created a Facebook groupcalledCreating a Cozy Lifewith over 64,000 like-minded souls. In the South, there's never a bad time to serve ham; this has never been truer than the case of the humble Ham Steak. Follow the recipe above, omitting step 4. The aim of One Dish Kitchen is to inspire individuals with access to single serving recipes that will enable them to enjoy the preparation of a meal that will nourish both body and soul. Served with mac 'n cheese and a salad.". And if so, how much for this recipe? Perfect! How do I cook a ham slice that hasn't been cured? Place ham steak back in the skillet and cook for another 5 minutes with the caramelized glaze. An internal temperature of 120-125 degrees is best, with a resting period of at least 5 minutes. Cook until brown on both sides. 6. The plate looks fantastic! Joanie Zisk is the creator of OneDishKitchen.com, the number one go-to site for single serving recipes. This baked keto ham recipe is perfect for Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any festive family feast. A little overlap between the pieces in the basket is OK, but only a little. A delicious ham steak is an easy way to enjoy a ham dinner without cooking a whole ham. Let it heat for 3 minutes. They range in thickness from 3/4 to 1. Add brown sugar and cinnamon and stir. Brown Sugar Glaze Ham Steak Recipe is the perfect recipe the entire family will love and ask for on a regular basis. All rights reserved. Once the mixture has heated up, add the remaining ingredients. 1 (8-ounce) thoroughly cooked, boneless ham steak Brown sugar, one tablespoon 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon powder Instructions Melt one tablespoon of butter in a 10-inch skillet set over medium heat. Serve ham with macaroni and cheese, scalloped potatoes, or fried apples and a nice vegetable like green beans or roasted carrots. Remove from the pan, brush lightly with maple syrup, and serve! I've never had one turn out that way. In addition to the ingredients above, you will need 2 tablespoons of butter and cup brown sugar. Such an easy meal with a veggie on the side yum yum . Making Dinner Menus for the Busy Teacher - PlayingPrek. In a small pan over low heat, combine the brown sugar, honey, Dijon mustard, and apple cider vinegar. While it cooks, drain the . 1/2 cup cola, 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp brown sugar. Add the ham steak to the skillet and cook in the butter until the ham is lightly browned (about 3-4 minutes per side). Serve immediately while warm and enjoy! Hello Beth! Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon. You can use it as the base for a flavorful soup. Phyllis Smith. While the air fryer preheats, mix the avocado oil, brown sugar and maple syrup together in a small bowl. They are sold in individual packages, both boneless and bone-in, and can range from 8-ounces to just over a pound in weight. If desired, cloves can be inserted into each diamond for flavor and to make the ham more decorative. What does that mean? Cooked ham steaks can be stored up to 3 months in the freezer. Cooking your ham steaks the right way and with the right flavors can produce something much better than the sum of its simple parts. You might want to make extra if you serve the ham steak with mashed potatoes. Cook until sugar is dissolved, approximately 5 minutes. This post may contain affiliate links. Cooked in a skillet, ready in just 15 minutes!. Use oven mitts or a kitchen towel to avoid touching it directly. After around 5 minutes, use a pair of tongs or a fork to flip the ham steak over. Video of the Day Preheat the grill to medium. If you love a savory pork meal, be sure to check out our Homemade Sausage Gravy recipe next! Keeping some on helps keep the ham moist. If ham steaks are not pre-cooked, they are not safe . Your email address will not be published. Tenting the ham will keep it from drying out. It's a delicious addition. Most likely because I over cooked it. The photos were updated in August, 2022. Read Full disclosure here. Remove from the oven and baste with the rest of the glaze and cook an additional 10 minutes. The low carb keto glaze gives the ham an irresistible, incredible flavor. Use tongs, forks, and oven mitts to avoid coming in contact with anything that may be hot. amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon"; Step Three: Add the water, dijon mustard, and brown sugar to the skillet. If you find ham steaks on sale at your grocery, buy a few and freeze them. Here is the link to the fried apples recipe - https://onedishkitchen.com/fried-apples-recipe/, Hello Joanie, Melt the butter in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Then, flip and sear it about 3 minutes more. Im Kelly Anthony a baker, home chef, and mom with a passion for food and an adoration for entertaining. Ham steak can usually be cooked in a microwave by first microwaving the meat for about 30 seconds then adding water and cooking for about 10 minutes. This ham is absolutely delicious and perfect for a holiday meal or anytime. Brown sugar and mustard together are an amazing combination. Brush both sides of the ham steak with the brown sugar glaze and transfer it to the air fryer basket (overlap the halves slightly if necessary). Pat the ham steak dry with a paper towel and cut in half if needed to fit in the skillet. Of course, applying the keto glaze lightly caramelizes the meats surface and makes it so tantalizingly delicious. Stir in brown sugar. Ham can be enjoyed in so many ways that youll want to make sure you store your leftovers. Turn heat down and simmer 2-3 minutes. Place the ham steak in the pan and cook for 4 minutes. Get your 2 Week Keto Meal Plan + Shopping Lists here! Transfer to a plate and cover. Serve and enjoy! Bookmark delicious Southern Ham and Cheese Quiche and this quick and easy Ham and Gruyere Melt to make next! Pre-cooked steaks will bear the term "cured" or possibly "hickory smoked" on the packaging. There are 11 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page. How to Cook Ham Steak In a large saucepan, add your olive oil and cook until shimmering. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Dissolve the sugar. Do you not cook at medium heat? In fact, you can use it in almost any recipe that calls for diced ham. Oh nom nom!! - Kelly. You will love this Best Keto Baked HamRecipe with an incredibly flavorful sugar-free glaze. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin. Ham makes the perfect meal. Ham steak is just a thick slice cut from a whole roast of ham, either with the bone already removed or bone in. Step 1: Prepare the Ham Steak First, preheat your air fryer to 375F (190C). Remove the aluminum foil and baste with half of the glaze and return to oven for 10 minutes uncovered. Melt butter in the same skillet over medium-low heat. brown sugar, fresh yeast, ham, salt, green olives, butter, raisins and 4 more Slow Cooker Ham with Apple Sauce Pork raisins, cinnamon, apples, fully cooked bone-in ham, apple juice and 3 more Add kale and cook, tossing until . To grill, set up the grill for indirect cooking over low heat, about 300 F. Place ham in an aluminum foil pan or cast-iron pan and wrap with foil. Ham steaks are also convenient to freeze and keep on hand for a quick-thaw dinner no extra grocery run required. Smoked Ham Steaks cooked in the skillet are ready to eat in a very, very short amount of time. amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0"; Melt butter in the same skillet. Amount Per Serving (1 brown sugar glazed ham steak). Adjust your oven rack to be in the middle of your oven with no racks above it, so it accommodates a large roasting pan for this keto ham recipe. Step 2. Then add flour and stir well. There's a risk of burning with all glazes as they're high in sugar.'. Doesnt that make your mouth water? Remove from heat and set the ham steaks aside. Then cut in the opposite direction to form diamond shapes. Place ham on rack in shallow roasting pan. If you dont have orange marmalade, you can substitute any other fruit preserve you want. In a baking dish, combine the water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and cloves. The last 15 minutes of baking add all of the remaining ingredients to a saucepan and bring to a slow boil. Thank you for your kind words. Use a pan on the stove: Place the ham steak in a pan with some oil or butter and cook over medium heat until browned and . Next, pat the ham steak dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture and cook on each side for 4 to 5 minutes until its brown on both sides. Amount is based on available nutrient data. If you find ham steaks on sale at your grocery, buy a few and freeze them. The ham I fixed was precooked so Im not really sure. ( Don't over-bake! Required fields are marked *. Melt the remaining butter in the same skillet. Use it to try out great new products and services nationwide without paying full pricewine, food delivery, clothing and more. While the air fryer is preheating, you can get started with the brown sugar glaze. How to Cook Ham Steak | Easy Recipe. Bone in cuts will cost less but they won t look as neat in serving. Then, flip and sear for about 2 minutes more. Since most hams come precooked, this might seem odd, but it's hard to tell internal temperatureyou're aiming for 140F when reheating precooked hamwithout a thermometer. You want that brown sugar to remain intact on the top. Thank you so much for sharing all your wonderful recipes with all of us who need so much help now-a-days. If you want to apply a glaze to your ham steak, brush the glaze over the surface of the meat as you cook it, flipping the steak until the glaze thickens or is cooked through. Receive Our Latest Single Serving Recipes! This is how you keep the ham moist while it's baking: Add water to the roasting pan to create steam while it bakes. Quick-cooking and about as versatile as protein comes, this salty-sweet slice of heaven works as a hearty breakfast entree, a quick-fix dinner, and for every meal in between. If you're serving Ham Steaks as a classic country breakfast, throw in a couple of fried eggs, a few slices of bacon, some homemade biscuits, and a heaping scoop of grits.

Reelfoot Lake Fishing Report 2020, Trion Properties Charleston Sc, Brockton Mugshots 2021, Articles H