"It's the first time I had to do real school work. A young man will ask his boy about his father. More than a decade later, and after making a name for himself overseas, the only box Sykes said he had left to check was to beat the odds his younger self foretold and finally play in an NBA game. Sykes was selected in the second round of the 2016 Korean Basketball League by the Anyang Korea Ginseng Corporation, taking a 15-hour trip across the world that began a roughly five-year journey abroad. From mother to son. "He's a ball of fire," Green Bay coach Brian Wardle said of KJ. The unexpected death came a month removed from the end of Keifer's freshman year. "You can hear him in the stands. Averyelle was born shortly after the sun came up. The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. Their relationship was so strong, their parents were OK with Bria moving to Waco, enrolling in a community college, and living in her own apartment at 18. We treat him as one of us. And as I have witnessed in recent days, the documentary is being augmented with a videographer. Dawson's fellow father teammate is junior Bryn Forbes, who had a boy, Carter, born when Forbes played at Cleveland State. Sykes is featured in the 2018 documentary film Chi-Town, produced and directed by Nick Budabin. Every situation is different. They all have their own things that they do, and I got your back. All coaches who were asked estimated that more than half the teams in Division I men's basketball currently have at least one player who is father, or a father-to-be, on their roster. But since Sykes' family felt he was already being overlooked due to his stature, they decided to send him an hour across town to Marshall on the West Side, where his dream of being a basketball star had a better chance of flourishing. Sykes subsequently joined the Fort Wayne Mad Ants and averaged 16.3 points, 8 assists and 4.3 rebounds per game. "I can't wait to get the list of all the players they had ranked ahead of me. The former University of Wisconsin-Green Bay star . These are the guys helping Dawson, watching the little one when he's away, driving My'Shawn to and from pre-K school sessions. The season included an upset over eventual Atlantic Coast Conference regular season champion (and NCAA tournament 1-seed) Virginia in a game which saw Sykes score 21 points and distribute 10 assists. The same day Keifer Sykes contract was guaranteed, he went viral with a heartfelt message to his mom, shedding tears as he thanked her. Going to Europe would mean Sykes, who is not married and not dating the mother of his child, could not bring KJ with him. A chain response of fear, as it often does with teen pregnancies, triggered a stress reaction. Playing for two beating hearts. "Those of us that know his story, (it's) very compelling, and this is a culmination of a lot of work and a big dream.". The plan is for mother and child to pack up and go with. [11] For the week of January 410 of 2015, Sykes won the Naismith National Player of the Week Award. I went to basketball for free college. "(My mom) put it together after the fact," Sykes said. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,600],'biographyhost_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_1',164,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-biographyhost_com-medrectangle-4-0'); Throughout his career, Sykesrepresentedseveral basketball clubs worldwide like Anyang KGC (Korean Basketball league), Ankara DSI (Turkish Club), Felice Scandone (Italian Club), etc. After the euphoria of winning TBT and signing a training camp deal with the Pacers, Sykes faced another hurdle when he was cut before the season started. I didn't want my children to go through that. And these (five games) that he's played, he's played tremendously. Johnson has two teammates, Markel Crawford and Trahson Burrell, who are fathers. The hardest thing was the drive. "It's not easy," Sykes said of juggling fatherhood with basketball and an impending graduation. It wasn't a happy cry. Dawson's first two years at Michigan State consisted of few visits with My'Shawn during the season. But the most important thing said that night: "The child will be taken care of." Sykes, 21, just won his second straight Horizon League Player of the Year honor. How long has it been since Dawson spoke to his dad directly? I told my family, 'I think the basket is moving or something,'"Sykes said, laughing. In this, Dawson's final year at Michigan State, My'Shawn has lived with him, the two of them bonding, sharing meals in a small off-campus apartment. Keifer Sykes #28 of the Indiana Pacers dribbles the ball while being guarded by Chris Paul #3 of the Phoenix Suns in the third quarter at Gainbridge Fieldhouse on Jan. 14, 2022, in Indianapolis. For his senior season, Sykes had high expectations as he was placed on the Bob Cousy Award Watch List (later becoming a Cousy Award Finalist), the Wooden Award Watch List, and the Naismith Award Watch List during the preseason. "He earned it," Pacers coach Rick Carlisle said of Sykes' contract being guaranteed for the rest of the season. Keifer's parents met when fate played a chord. "Chicago means everything to me, man. "Loved James Sykes. It's Feb. 26, 2015, the night Green Bay's Keifer Sykes plays his final game in his hometown area, in front of a band of family and friends. Anyang Korea Ginseng Corporation (20162017), Horizon League Men's Basketball Player of the Year, 2013 CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament, "Horizon League Announces Men's Basketball Award Winners", "McCallum Leads Men's Basketball Award Winners", "Sykes Named to Bob Cousy Award Watch List", "Green Bay holds on to beat Virginia 75-72", "Phoenix Keifer Sykes crosses the 2,000 mark", "Sykes named AP honorable mention All-American", "Green Bay's Sykes is HL Player of the Week", "Keifer Sykes will be in Final Four dunk contest", "Cavs Announce 2015 Samsung NBA Summer League Roster", "Spurs announce 2015-16 training camp roster", "Spurs waive Fredette, Ndoye, Sykes and Thomas", "AUSTIN SPURS ANNOUNCE 2015 RETURNING PLAYERS AND TRAINING CAMP INVITEES", "Cotton, Spurs Rout Legends as Satnam Singh Debuts", "NBA D-League Announces Full Roster for elite mini camp", "Terrico White, Michael Efevberha, Keifer Sykes selected in KBL draft. I can't describe how gracious God has been toward us. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Although Sykes has not brought details of his wife in light, he is a father to his son Hugo and daughter Zarah. The player is now back at school, away from his child, but not on the team. I asked a tearful Keifer Sykes (@ksykesyb), whose contract was guaranteed by the #Pacers, how he thinks his mom, Lisa (@Supermom00767), will react when he talks to her.She deserve this more than anybody. Suddenly he was holding ice chips and helping her breathe through the birth. At the conclusion of the regular season, Sykes was again named first team all-conference, he was named an honorable mention AP All-American, and was named Horizon Player of the Year. . Wardle describes it as the hardest situation of his career, far beyond anything he faced during the summer of 2013, when accusations of verbal mistreatment from former Green Bay players threatened his job. But that's what it takes to be a superhero for my family, a superhero in my community and a good basketball player. I didn't have my phone. Buchanan's son, Terry Buchanan III, was born in November with a life-threatening condition. His father, his best friend, was dead. Our dedicated Editorial team verifies each of the articles published on the Biographyhost. These are really childhood dreams we turned into reality for real, and I think thats the most exciting part. [13], After going undrafted in the 2015 NBA draft, Sykes joined the Cleveland Cavaliers for the 2015 NBA Summer League. He kept it from her as long as possible; the "entire school" knew about it, but she didn't. Vital players at Cincinnati, Southeastern Louisiana and VCU (two players) are fathers. "The rim looked so small. [22] The film follows Sykes' path from high school to his brush with the NBA. At the time I didnt know that, but he was affirming my greatness. Another team lost a player in the middle of the night, without warning, because he was given an ultimatum by the child's mother. in the Turkish TBL, posting 22.4 points, 3.7 rebounds and 4.8 assists per game. And for him to do that, it was just so overwhelming. Trivante Bloodman is a 22-year-old senior guard from Harlem who's barely been able to sleep in the past week. Green Bay's Henry Uwadiae, a 6-foot-11 Nigerian-born sophomore, had a daughter born last summer. Really, he worried about leaving his son, how KJ would be without him, and not so much about what the schools thought of his situation or the backstory on his complicated family structure with a troupe of half-siblings. Of course he was worried about telling mom. Keifer Sykes scanned the gym at Proviso East High School in Maywood, Illinois, watching as grade school children ran around playing basketball the game thats taken him around the world but never kept him away from home. Dozens of programs were contacted for this story and asked if they had a player on their roster who was a father or a father-to-be. Sykes joined Indianas G League affiliate, the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, and clawed his way back to the Pacers, who eventually signed him to a guaranteed deal for the rest of the 2021-22 season. Flash to Feb. 12, 2015, and Freeman's sleeping in the chair next to Kylee, awaiting his miracle. My own trainers telling me, 'Prepare and train for overseas,' and I'm telling them, 'No.' So Im always a fan of guys like Keifer that defy the odds.. Sykes said his indomitable spirit was instilled in him by his father, who put him in school a year early because he could handle it. And whenever Sykes thought he was too young or too small, his father would tell him not to give up. The point guard impressed early. Simple things, like sleeping patterns. He knows all about long drives on weekends to steal time with a child. As COVID-19 began to change the landscape of everyday life, Sykes signed a one-year deal with the Phoenix, turning down more money in Europe and betting on himself to turn his stint down under into a springboard to the NBA. Keifer Sykes weighs 180 lbs (81 kg). "Because if dont nobody else deserve it, Keifer deserves it., Sykes has totaled 33 games in his NBA career, 10 of which he didnt play in. As apro-basketball player, Sykes weighs around 175 pounds and stands at theheightof 5 feet 11 inches. So long as his health is good, he'll have earned a pro contract by then. When Sykes joined the Phoenix, Mitchell put him back at his natural position, point guard. "Everything that she did for us, losing my dad, taking care of everybody she deserves this more than anybody. Like Bell at Gonzaga, Delaware's Kyle Anderson is a four-year starter. 1:08; See All. Buchanan flew into Detroit after Sunday's Rams practice, then spent his Monday helplessly pacing around the University of Michigan Medical Center as his 18-week-old son underwent open-heart surgery. "My stomach just dropped when I saw what he looked like. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. Oh my God, that melted me, Lisa Sykes said, her voice shaking. The former Indiana Pacers point guard prefers a low-key personal life. Yet, Forbes in 2019 evaluated that he must be receiving a minimum NBA salary which was $900,000. Sykes is featured in the 2018 documentary film Chi-Town, produced and directed by Nick Budabin. Sykes averaged 5.6 points, 1.9 assists and 1.4 rebounds . Learn How rich is He in this year and how He spends money? "I didn't want to do it. He's a good kid; he's not a distraction.". Milwaukee Bucks (22-9, first in the Eastern . Eventually, Keifer will find himself back in Homewood, Illinois, standing over a plot where James Sykes eternally rests. Joining his fifth club in 12 months, Keifer Sykes' path to his impressive NBL debut has been the continuation of a globetrotting journey for the Chicago native, who still has a goal to reach the NBA. Memphis also had a player, Dominic Magee, who initially transferred out of school earlier this season to be closer to his home in New Orleans to be with his young son. We come from poverty. Sykes didn't like the recruiting process -- at all. [25], On October 4, 2020, Sykes signed a 1-month contract with Panathinaikos of the Greek Basket League. All rights reserved. The 28-year-old doesnt remember the last conversation he had with his dad because he never expected it to be the final one. We had nothing, man. Joniah Jr. lives 260 miles away, in Grenada, Mississippi, while his dad is getting his sea legs under him as a freshman in Ruston, Louisiana. You can practically hear the smile through the phone as Gathers, who was wearing scrubs that didn't fit his 6-8, 275-pound frame, tells the story. He's got a goofy personality and caring heart but also boasts a paternal side that's as sanguine as it is dedicated. We assure our audience that we will remove any contents that are not accurate or according to formal reports and queries if they are justified. According to Pacers teammate and Wisconsin native Tyrese Haliburton, Sykes is a GB legend, and fellow teammate Malcolm Brogdon had the chance to see that legend in the making during college. Where was Keifer Sykes born? Free schooling.". I had a rim in my garage, and Id pull it out in the alley, and we would let the rim down to like 8 feet so (Sykes) could dunk with the rest of us. We come from poverty. [16] Nine days later, he was acquired by the Austin Spurs of the NBA Development League as an affiliate player of San Antonio. Continue with Recommended Cookies. "Over time, shock turned into excitement," White said of his world changing as a 17-year-old. What he didn't know was that he wouldn't be a part of it. Lisa Sykes was asking her son's coach to tell Keifer his father was gone because she couldn't bear to do it. Keifer, along with six of his siblings and half-siblings, took the red line train with mom and dad to City Hall. I remember being cut by the Pacers (before the season) and having to tell my son that I got cut, feeling like I just got cut in front of everybody, and I still had to do a seventh- and eighth-grade camp the next day. Then he sank a 17-footer over . I wanted to wait a few days," Bell said. Buchanan, who leads URI in assists, played in Tuesday night's game against the Flyers, a vital one for Rhode Island's NCAA tourney at-large chances. Some of them terrifying, like the hell and stress Rhode Island's T.J. Buchanan has endured all season. He was already a mature freshman, and that made him grow up even faster and kind of take his work ethic to another level. "It's crazy, I told my son I'll never play 2K until I get on it, so that was kind of motivation for me. We commit to cover sensible issues responsibly through the principles of neutrality. It was tough, but I knew that might be a part of my journey with me being at a mid-major, Sykes said. First and always, Sykes prides himself on being an awesome dad. He was on a trip for a basketball tournament, and that's when he called his mother at work. The annual $1 million tourney features several alumni squads from around the country filled with professional players, and while Sykes was hesitant to play in TBT at first, it resulted in one of the best moments of his career. College basketball rosters across the country are dotted with young dads. In high school, Sykes would ride alone on the green line to Marshall Metro High -- the team featured in the beloved basketball documentaryHoop Dreams-- where he played his way onto varsity and would become a McDonald's All-American honorable mention. NBA News. A few births have been by choice, but obviously many occur by accident. The basket pushes him past the 2,000-point total for his career, keeping him on pace to be one of the five most prolific scorers in Horizon League history and making him the first player ever in that conference score at least 2,000 points, grab 400 rebounds and dish 400 assists. Buchanan III is expected to stay in the hospital until at least this coming Sunday as the scar on his heart slowly starts to heal. Follow IndyStar Pacers beat writer James Boyd on Twitter:@RomeovilleKid. Afterward, he takes dozens of pictures and shakes the hands of nearly 200 people, plenty of whom he does not know. Just to see him get that opportunity and be out here playing, Im so excited for him. pic.twitter.com/iZU0TTtaHa, James Boyd (@RomeovilleKid) January 15, 2022. For now, the per diem pays for diapers. [24], On September 13, 2020, Sykes signed with Trk Telekom B.K. It's free school, and I'm getting it, so let's go.". You could be winning and they still try to nitpick at something. We play them (soon)!'" "All the different agents that I went through. He's brand new to this game. KJ will look up to his dad. My own agents telling me that I'm not gonna play in the NBA. Magee is now enrolled at Grand Canyon University. Mitchell said he keeps in touch with Sykes and, because of the time difference between the U.S. and Australia, the Phoenix often watch Pacers games when they get out of practice in the afternoon. Having seen each other from afar in previous years, they met again, of all places, in an ER when she was 23. KJ doesn't know just yet how his grandfather died -- or even what death is, or that people disappear from the world in abrupt and unfair ways. section: | slug: paternal-fraternity-the-overlooked-reality-behind-so-many-college-athletes-daily-lives-as-fathers | sport: collegebasketball | route: article_single.us | She took in five kids, taking care of my kids when I told her I wanted to play college basketball. And to get back and go to my high school and give my jersey, to see all of the people there the men that helped me become a man, the role models that played a role in my life and inspired me, that helped me I think today was the first day I was able to look up like, Man, its really real.. In addition to having the second-highest teen pregnancy rate, Mississippi charts as the poorest state in the nation. My foundation is about mass incarcerationand gun violence. Another is dealing with a touch-and-go situation in regard to an abortion decision. The game-winner capped. I told him, 'Boost me up to 99 right now, and put me against Steph Curry! You go to South Korea and thats a whole different culture, Sykes said. Nine children from five mothers and two fathers. Chicago's Keifer Sykes soaking in his moment after TBT winner and NBA contract with Pacers By Scott Powers Aug 5, 2021 1 Daniel Poneman isn't sure why exactly he hadn't revealed Keifer. Breakups, forced relationships, long-distance relationships, fractures between families, money -- these are stresses that, comparatively, make basketball seem so simple. They want me to stay overseas to make more money for them. 1 seed and took them to Game 5, which is like Game 7 over there, and lost on their floor," Sykes said. " Reach him via email: jboyd1@gannett.com. 10:51am: The Pacers intend to waive guard Brad Wanamaker and sign another guard, Keifer Sykes, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski (via Twitter). Keifer Jerail Sykes (born December 30, 1993) is an American professional basketball player for the Motor City Cruise of the NBA G League. Its not even that I did it (on my own). The big thing with me is, I want Keifer to be a good father first. A tremendous man," Wardle said. On 5 August 2021, he also struck a deal with the NBA team, Indiana Pacers. Sykes had done all he could at Wisconsin Green-Bay, ending his illustrious college career with 2,096 points, 522 assists and 467 rebounds. He has just one full sibling, James Sykes Jr., and seven more half-siblings: DaVon, Jarvis, Kristie, Jameeka, Rashaunda, Shakeeya and Antwan. Sykes right-hand man, Rashad McKinnie, who helps run Sykes' Free10 Foundation calls Sykes bond with the youth in the Chicagoland area the The Keifer Effect. No matter where Sykes career has taken him from starring at Marshall High School to becoming a Korean Basketball League All-Star to earning a guaranteed contract from the Pacers hes always carved out time to return to his old stomping grounds. The child's mother, Cecilia, and members of both parents' families crammed into a hospital room and glanced back and forth between watching a father on TV and keeping an eye on T.J. sleep with tubes and probes keeping him alive. They just don't know. "He's earned it really starting in the summer just with his approach, his work ethic, his level of improvement, which has been gradual and consistent. If he's in town, have him around practice, around the locker room. We've had them come in as a group and have my wife talking about child-rearing. He converted a traditional 3-point play when he drove, banked a shot and got a free throw, too. Harrington praised Sykes for his resiliency throughout his triumphant but often tough career. And if you got children, I got your childrens back because youre doing something positive.. I was freaking out. These are things when I used to come home and tell him, Dad, they telling me Im too small, or They not treating me right. So its crazy when I see all of the things Im going through today because Ive been through all of these things before. From there, Sykes bounced around the fringes of the NBA, joining the Cavaliers for the 2015 Summer League, then signing with San Antonio his father's favorite team and appearing in three 2015-16 preseason games, before being waived and picked up by the Spurs D League (now G League) affiliate, the Austin Spurs. Keifer Sykes was a two-time Horizon League Player of the Year at Green Bay. On April 5, the 5-11 guard was autographing mini basketballs and. 'You don't know who this is?'". 2004-2023 CBS Interactive. "I know she's probably gonna cry (when I talk to her) because it's bringing tears to my eyes right now," Sykes said, his voice cracking. Even when I was younger, he would just always affirm my greatness, Sykes said. "I just stuck with the plan and for it to become real, man, it's just a testament to believing in yourself. Gathers saved up his scholarship checks ($400 per month) and Pell Grant money to help pay Bria's rent, which came to nearly $800/month. WATCH: Dog makes mess at Louisville halftime show, Updates: Four conference tournaments in action Tuesday, Bracketology: Boise State boosts its standing, Alabama vs. Auburn odds, picks, prediction, bets, Top 25 And 1: Bill Self continues to cement legacy, Court Report: Strange resumes, best turnarounds, Nate Oats says Bama players explained pat-down, March Madness starts with game-winner at buzzer, AP Top 25: Marquette moves up; UK back in rankings, Legendary former Virginia coach Terry Holland dies. You can go D-I. These were things that I had doubts of. Without an iota of resentment in his voice, the Michigan State star answers: three years. Dawson remembers that. They say, 'You don't know what it's like to be on food stamps,' and I say, 'I've been through it.'". Phoenix coach Simon Mitchell said their plan was always to help Sykes get closer to his dream. Mitchell become familiar with Sykes through his overseas play and thought he'd played out of position at shooting guard for most of his pro career. On February 26, 2015, playing in his hometown of Chicago, Sykes scored a career-high 36 points against UIC to surpass the 2,000-point mark for his career. August 5, 2020. [17], On November 13, Sykes made his professional debut in a 10482 win over the Texas Legends, recording eight points, one rebound, six assists and three steals in 17 minutes off the bench. Keifer Sykes' 3-pointer wins TBT for Boeheim's Army. James Sykes, a former vice president of the Broadway Armory Park association, is buried at Memorial Gardens in Homewood, Illinois. When I was like, Oh, Im small, he was like, Nah, you can go to the NBA. He averaged 11.2 points and 3.3 assists per game. At one point, a boy asked the Indiana Pacers guard to follow him on Instagram. "Little KJ is very outspoken, loud, and a joy to be around," Lisa Sykes said. *" Chi-Town " is a well-known reference to the city of Chicago, home of the Chicago Bulls with one of the unquestionably all-time greats of basketball, Michael . He didn't sleep through the night, and in the darkest hour, their child was born. Sykes, who went undrafted in 2015, signed a two-year contract with the Pacers last month after a strong season with the Fort Wayne Mad Ants in the NBA G League. The craziest thing about this is that today is (Jan. 15), so today is the first time Ive seen an NBA check, Sykes said. His dad is alive, but he's not around and never has been. "I don't ever want to go through that as a head coach again," Wardle said. Keifer Sykes would have used his share of the $2 million championship prize to help his Free 10 Foundation and his church. He took birth to his late father, James Sykes, and his mother, Lisa Sykes, as the youngest of their nine children. 1:08; See All. Five and a half years later, James and Lisa Sykes married, on April 27, 1999. "I had my first child when I was 20. "For me,itwas just me getting my first bucket. Until she did. There are dads playing at Minnesota and UNC Wilmington. So I really had to focus in and just go out there and do what I do.". Since leaving the university after his senior year, Sykes has played in the NBA G-League, over seas, back to the G-League, and finally was presented an opportunity seven years after his college. And I guess she thought or they thought I had maybe talked to my agent but I hadn't," Sykes said. [2] He starred at John Marshall Metropolitan High School in Chicago, where he was named second team All-Chicago Public High School League by the Chicago Sun-Times. He admits now it was a lot to go through. I told them, 'Don't have any babies. The undersized guard scored a career- and team-high22 points Tuesday against the Knicks at Madison Square Garden and went toe-to-toe Wednesday with Nets superstar Kyrie Irving, who made his season debut in Indianapolis. Sykes set a conference record as he was named the Horizon League player of the week thirteen times over his career. So whatever dreams they had, she backed them, which is why when Keifer Sykes fathered his son, Keifer Jr., at 16 and daughter, Kennedi, at 21, she volunteered to help take care of them while Sykes went to college at Wisconsin-Green Bay and continued his career overseas always chasing his ultimate goal of playing in the NBA. Lisa Sykes said she cried nonstop when she initially saw the video, and she cried again while sitting in a back room at Proviso East with Keifer across the hall speaking to dozens of children she had just handed pizza to. A family of seven crammed into a two-bedroom place, where they lived until Sykes got to high school. My heart was just filled with so much joy when he got what he wanted, and thats to play in the NBA for his dream, Lisa Sykes said. Mississippi State's Rick Ray is a coach with a lot of thoughts on this because he has a lot of players -- five of them -- in this situation. Lisa runs an out-of-home daycare operation. Because KJ wants to be a big boy really fast. Pictured below, there he is in the hospital with his girlfriend, Kylee, and his baby girl, Maddox, born three weeks ago -- smack dab in the middle of the season. The biggest help to me is my wife. He had the game," Mitchell said. , Im not forgetting these things. Some schools turned down interview requests. Sometimes he'll drive to Chicago, pick KJ up, stay for but a few minutes, and head right back to campus. "Keifer Sykes was a +27," Pacers assistant coach Mike Weinar said when spotlighting players who were effective in a summer league win over the Wizards. Theres a lot of different rules over there. We playing my hometown team, it was just my birthday (Dec. 30), everybody is excited like, 'You finally (got) the call up.' Following his senior year at Marshall Metro in Chicago, Sykes wasn't even considered a top-25 senior in Illinois. The night before Averyelle was born, Johnson flew from Tulane back to Memphis, got in his car, immediately drove the three and a half hours to Franklin, Tennessee's Williamson Medical Center, and arrived around 3 a.m. "The sacrifices she made, man. Mississippi State is the prime example. [8] In a 6966 loss to Wisconsin, Sykes scored 32 points, including a highlight dunk in the first possession of the game. When Wardle got to Sykes' dorm room, the 18-year-old was sitting alone on his bathroom floor, sobbing. Former Pacers guard Keifer Sykes, center, hosts a free youth camp at the Irsay Family YMCA in Indianapolis on April 30, 2022. Sykes cashes a deep 3-pointer as time expires at the end of the first half. I was gonna have to fight an uphill battle, so I was already ready for it if I didnt get drafted.. Sykes,who was with the Pacers in the preseason before being waived, starred with Indiana's G-League affiliate, the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, averaging 16.3 points and a league-high 8.0 assists in 13 games this season. The two remain close, and Harrington said hes thankful the gun violence that changed his life didnt have the same effect on the player he nicknamed Special K., I just started calling him Special K because I knew that kid had something special about him, Harrington said.

Sherwin Williams Equivalent To Benjamin Moore Silver Chain, Why Isn't Deep Cover On Spotify, Samoyed Breeder California, Upson County Court Calendar, Can You Drink Alcohol After A Heart Catheterization, Articles K