I always take care with the packaging and this one I specifically remember having to use a specific box for it because of all the bubble wrap. After waiting four days, sent a note to seller. I highly doubt it would be damaged. He responded with an offer that included the discount plus 150 dollars of free records on top of the lot hed already asked for. Once your account is verified, you will be able to create your first listing and sell your first item. After the transaction is rated, no refunds or returns can be made. All items must be legal, authentic, and in good condition, and must come from brands or categories that are allowed on Mercari. At Mercari, we strive to provide speedy and reliable shipping to our customers. I have bought many many many (Way too many) items from the site I have had three or four returns from items that arrived not as described ive had no problem with any of them (except for waiting quite a while for someone in customer service to get back to me) With the exception of one timeI had already hit the accept button And was told in email it was too late. Some of these service fees are charged to our users. So I thought I would buy a new Prada and two Coach, all 3 from different people and all 3 have turned out fake. Ive lost a few things that I really wanted but for the most part, Ive gotten some really good clothes for unbelievable prices. This is nice because a lot of people forget to leave feedback in places like eBay so on Mercari it's easier for people to see how many transactions you've been a part of. No one to contact to explained. First claiming she had overspent. I have great ratings. You cannot combine shipping on two items. Theyll be able to provide you with a rough estimate of the cost. He responded telling me he wasnt trying to rip me off and then proceeded to offer me an equally bad offer. If you prioritize ease of listing and want to sell a large variety of items go with Mercari. YES! Additionally, Mercari is an independent, publicly traded company on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and have been in business since 2013.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[580,400],'remodelormove_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_12',158,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-remodelormove_com-large-leaderboard-2-0'); Overall, Mercari is highly regarded by its customers and considered to be a very safe, trustworthy and reliable platform for buying and selling items. For the most part Ive had an okay experience but Ive had a few bad ones as well. Founded in 2013, the app is currently stationed in the U.S. and the UK. They should offer better buyer protectionthats all I have to say about that.. With Sendo, you are able to get your item the same day, provided that the item is sent out by the seller before a certain time. Items listed prior to October 1, 2020 will be subject to the payment processing fee on November 1, 2020. Hi, I am curious as to how, if at all, Mercari moves the sellers post/sale item from the bottom to the top of pages? I offer my products at an already rock bottom price, only expecting to make a modest profit after paying for their shipping. I'm glad I'm not just being impatient. Wait. Im beyond mad over this. Then the Seller blew up my phone with messaging, she wanted me to: 1. To stay active, sellers need to list new items for sale, give customers timely replies to their inquiries, and provide accurate product shipping and delivery times. Still getting the run around! Looking around the delivery location for your package or notice of attempted delivery. Your email address will not be published. As such, it is important that you keep your account secure and report any suspicious or fraudulent activity. Well be happy to help. Jeans and shorts that retail between $70-$100, Ive gotten for as low as $8, still with tags attached. The entire process has been a mess. Not sure if it's different for sellers. Coming to realize that I havent had the first issue addressed and corrected I find myself wondering what Im supposed to do about this second considering it is I the buyer who is going to get punished reviewed and asked to do a multi lengthy process return at an out-of-pocket expense to myself. I had already used the money from it for bills. It depends on the situation. Ordered and paid immediately. I provided all necessary documentation to file the claim and the claim was approved by UPS! I have about 450 sales. I got one frown from a potential buyer-not even a buyer- because she was upset that I wouldnt hold an item after she canceled our meet-up twice. Clothing-wise, Ive been very lucky on Mercari. They took my listing down with no explanation. Stupid seller cancelled my purchase without notice. Ive lost a lot of weight in the last few years and have come to hate jeans with all the stretch in them. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Ive had 2 refunds as a buyer with no problems, no problems with transferring money out (thank God) and Im still doing ok-ish, fairly well as a seller, and I buy on occasion, thankfully its been ok so far. You should file a claim on BBB. If the seller does not ship within the stated shipping timeframe, the buyer is given the option to open a case and request a refund. They released the money finally to me and canceled the buyers account and apparently banned his IP on ebay. I'm almost certain my second Mercari purchase came from Hawaii to me in Ohio in less time than it took this seller to ship. While you can sell stuff at Mercari, you can make some affordable purchases as well. Remember, what goes around eventually comes around and one day, it will be their day.. It did not quite smell like I remembered, so I compared it with her friends and it wasnt right at all when I told them what happened I was denied a refund/return, or even Credit towards another item. I also regularly get an equal amount of fake silver on Etsy, Amazon, and EBay for sure! The reason I ask is I ordered an item the morning of the 23rd (Monday). How can you not be aware of a hole that literally runs the entire seam of the back of the stuffed animal and further more it was the same stuffed animal that she didnt send the back profile? Ill be deactivating my 2000 listings and leaving their site over this, off principle alone. I wasnt able to drive to the post office, thats 35 minutes from my house. Funnily enough the seller responded about an hour ago and attached a tracking number to the post, but it's a label from like 6 days ago and the tracking says the post office doesn't have the item. Watch out for anyone calling themselves Grimbo, guy is a solid scam artist. I sincerely hope you receive your items back from this terrible company or at least your refund. Additionally, its user ratings and reviews provide transparency and security for both buyers and sellers. Looking to pad your bank account or pay off your holiday debt? Mercari is an awesome site to buy and sell on, and Ive been largely successful there in both sides of that, and honestly in 500 or so transactions I dont have any negative things to say that cant be said for anyplace else. When you purchase or list on Mercari, theres usually a $2,000 price limit. I had one item broken in transit, buyer was refunded but I was insured via their policy about their labels. Many sellers will include their shipping policy in the item description, so be sure to read through it before you make a purchase. response was how beautiful it was. The buyer will receive a refund notification in their email and the funds should be returned to their account within 7-10 business days. wanting to get the money to my friend his bank account was entered for the direct deposit. Think about it. Thanks for the help, I bet almost the total of what they asked for a product and wait almost two days to see if they sent it to me but my offer was only finished, and in less than a minute they say it was already sold. Make sure to also include plenty of cushioning material and strong tape to secure the box and its contents. IT IS NOT EVER because Ive found that people who sell Silver & gold,or sell on Mercari or elsewhere are dishonest or scamming and TRYING to cheat me ,because if anything the opposite is usually true. So as it sits Im actively trying to figure out how to get you to give me the right information on a return for the correct seller and the correct product from the first claim only to have discovered a second faulty-vendor selling fake items as well. No wonder eBay sellers hate people with PO BOX address. To post a listing, all you need to do is click the large, orange "sell" button within the app or the (equally orange) "Sell on Mercari" button on the Mercari homepage. Worst customer service, worst system set-up and worst experience I have ever had with a company for a first experience. Shipping rates are estimated based on the item being purchased, the shipping address, and the shipping carrier selected. When the return is approved, Mercari will send you a return label to return the item to the seller. Theres no going back if you hit the wrong key. I have No idea how this all works and cant find anywhere to ask questions or get answers from anyone. When the sales were completed my personal bank account was overdrawn. The first ring I bought was approved for a return. T, I sold a pair of 200.00 shoes that were in excellent condition for 40.00 after the lady talked me down from a much higher price. So I did what I thought was right and blocked him on my end! Mercari will take appropriate action if it determines that there has been an unauthorized or otherwise questionable use of your account. That is fine but what is of. Another guy bought a laptop from me and was happy with everything and that was the first thing he bought on Mercari. Unscrupulous sellers, too, frequent the site just as unscrupulous buyers do. He. She requested a refund and they gave it to her. The more likers, the merrier. When you want to list or purchase items verified with Authenticate at up to $5,000, well ask you to complete an additional identity verification. After receive it was very upsetting. Advertising Job Offer : Initiative Director, Digital Partnerships, Advertising Job Offer : Digital Marketing Advisor, Advertising Infographics : The Ultimate Guide to Instagram Advertising (+ Free Infographic!) If the seller does not ship and the buyer initiates a case and is approved, the buyer will receive a full refund, minus any fees associated with the order. No one would help me and transfer it in another way. For more details, check here. Clothing . Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Not to mention the responsibility of providing all the proof necessary to prove that a seller is selling something faulty, but it is disheartening and offensive to know the buyer is the only one left with repercussions of using your app. Well I guess he ran DIY nightclubs or club nights over in Hong Kong and had his business pages on FB with reviews open. She got them to cancel my transaction ,so what I have no item back? The rating requirement appears aimed at reducing buyer and seller fraud by calling out the bad actors. If you are willing to wait a day or two it costs nothing. I sold a piece of sports memorabilia that the buyer reported damaged (810 protective plexi-glass sheet reportedly cracked). Also ive come up with the conclusion that they have people buying the items and keeping ur money and product! I have never had such a bad experience with a company as I did this one. Run. If youre shipping something domestically, you can typically estimate the cost of shipping by contacting a local shipping company in your area. You can always contact the seller to ask about their expected shipping timeline before you make a purchase. You can also cancel the order by going to Profile . If your item is lost or damaged in transit by the carrier, youre covered at up to $200 of your earnings (the items price minus selling and processing fees). Mecari is in Tokyo Japan , how can the BBB do anything ? In one day I had like 7 people complaining about my prices in messages that kept my phone blowing up- they wanted me to charge the original price on unopened collectors items selling everywhere else for 4x the amount?! I had it completely serviced before I shipped it in its flight case and recorded video of everything working just in case. Seller mails some sort of piece of long ribbon. Tried on several times to make purchase. It is. , or it was aunt Gerts heirloom and she wouldnt have lied! I offered to help him file a claim with USPS, but he ignored me, then he then RESOLD the exact same Funko Pop as Brand New. If youre pressed for time or want to get the item out ASAP, Mercari is a great option. One final story. Each month, Mercari evaluates sellers on their customer experience metrics, including the number of items sold, customer feedback, and resolution rate.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'remodelormove_com-banner-1','ezslot_15',157,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-remodelormove_com-banner-1-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'remodelormove_com-banner-1','ezslot_16',157,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-remodelormove_com-banner-1-0_1');.banner-1-multi-157{border:none!important;display:block!important;float:none!important;line-height:0;margin-bottom:15px!important;margin-left:auto!important;margin-right:auto!important;margin-top:15px!important;max-width:100%!important;min-height:250px;min-width:250px;padding:0;text-align:center!important}. Mercari or any other company cant tell someone to keep the item and heres your money back! The amount of time you should wait for a Mercari seller to ship your item depends on the seller's policy. Herein, Does Mercari report to IRS? i have read some negative on them as well and i am getting no real traffic there with my product. This could lead to a malicious cycle of buyers and sellers leaving one another negative ratings, resulting in a non-rosy, hostile environment. Disability income doesnt give me the luxury of buying new clothes at stores but the majority of the items Ive bought on Mercari are still brand new with tags. Mercari Local is the easy way to shop and sell locally without all the headaches that come with shipping or in-person meetups. I'm getting mixed results from Mercari's FAQs about shipping times. This is wrong. Mercari is a retailing site that allows you to sell clothing, sporting goods, toys, beauty supplies, and handmade items. I politely told him I run a business and to come back when he was serious. Avoid this Common Scam on Mercari. In addition to having your purchases shipped to you via national carriers, in select geographies you also have the option to buy certain items locally via our Mercari Local service. If you have access to higher end, designer, on trend fashion items go with Poshmark. When the item sold and they emailed me the label, it said 17 lbs. Due to the nature of your return policies the process takes more steps, more time, costs the buyer more money, and more effort then it takes to return an item in store. Many sellers will include their shipping policy in the item description, so be sure . They responded with, merchandise was insufficiently packaged and hazardous to return. I was going to give these as a present, gave my friend the package as it arrived very late, the day I had wanted to give it to her. Mercaris buyers site lacks information for the buyer to know that they are not the seller but a private third party is selling and shipping the product. I also find its a good place to Buy, but not to Sell. Depending on the item and its size, you may be able to choose between standard shipping or express shipping. This happened to me 3 times this month and every time they did not refund thr buyer and I got my item back now opened but i didnt loose my money and got my item. Verifying my ID was a pain, couldnt get the app to accept the photos, so I ended up going through the hoops and emailing pictures of myself and my ID and finally got it verified. What?! Well when I opened the box up I was in shock. Who is the birthday girl in the Skyrizi commercial? New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, The first and only subreddit for Mercari, a fast growing marketplace for buying and selling online. If your tracking stops receiving updates, we recommend reaching out to the shipping provider. Just cancel. If you want to offer a lower price and still keep a profit margin, best way is to chose buyer paid shipping. WRONG DECISION! There's also a $2 fee if a direct deposit transfer is rejected by your bank. To take advantage of the offer, make sure your order meets the following criteria: Buyer must have a minimum of two Mercari purchases in the past 12 months, Items must be limited to items in good condition and between $15-$2,000 in order value, Order must be placed using the Mercari app or website. This site is AWFUL when it comes to customer service or problems. Too many to name. Yes, Mercari does have buyer protection. Im looking for somewhere else to sell. I just had a return filed and it didnt make sense. Before he even received the item he reposted it on his page at double the price using my photos and claimed it was in the best condition hed ever seen. Get a new phone over the holidays? Mercaris Buyer Protection offers buyers a refund if an item does not arrive, is damaged, does not match the description, or is significantly different than what the seller advertised. Why do sellers not ship or end up canceling an order on mercari? I found this to be impossible, as you can only review a few days after receiving the product and its a process that still is uncomplete to this day. [deleted] 3 yr. ago This is wrong. Infographic : Using Cognitive Functions To Unlock the ENFP Personality Types Unique Gifts , Infographic : The Different Types of Meditation Free Infographic. Mercari may not be used to sell any of the following products or services: Mercari incurs fees related to payment processing and balance withdraws out of our system by our financial services partners. This was a brand new flawless ring with zero damage, so we agreed on $150. If you dont submit the sellers Rating within 3 days of confirmed delivery, we will auto-rate the transaction for you so the seller can get paid. Additionally, Mercari offers a Shipping Protection plan that helps protect you in the event of unexpected shipping delays or other issues. With the exception of one item all other items suddenly sold . I have been on Mercari since the start of the year. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. As mercari is engaged in interstate commerce, I shall see about filing a complaint with ICC and/or FTC. A seller has three days to ship. Mercari is a rip off site, RUN, do not walk away. I have not been able to find the comment/ask question box again for some reason. Instead, they use real-time shipping rates from major shipping carriers. And just how does it work to get paid if you do sell something! I pay all my own shipping. Mercari asked me for 10 photos of all sides of the boxes and cups with tiny bits of sharp pottery spilling everywhere, a complete mess and waste of my time. Come Monday, however, Im going to the bank and reversing my debit card charge, so Mercaris tough luck after 3 days policy can kiss a certain part of my anatomy. So the site is ripe for fraud and scams. But I lost a lot of time. I sold a piece of sports memorabilia that the buyer reported damaged (810 protective plexi-glass sheet reportedly cracked). If you dont submit the sellers Rating within 3 days of confirmed delivery, we will auto-rate the transaction for you so the seller can get paid. Sorry for rambling but my lesson was learned just like yours. Most of the times, one of them will buy it. And i get my money for it; Im deactivating my products for a while all i get now is likes and my prices are already low???? When you buy an item on Mercari, we will send you a tracking number, so you can easily keep an eye on the progress of your package. Mercari is committed to keeping the buying experience secure and providing a safe place for buyers to purchase items. Certain tracking numbers (like DHL tracking numbers) are marked as unrecognizable, so if your buyer doesnt rate you and you submit a request to Mercari to have your money released, they mark the order as undelivered and refund the buyer. Poor customer service at Mercari for both the seller and the buyer. In the end I am still out my own money and nothing to show for it, and am left feeling like I should never use this app again having been left feeling like I will just continue to be cheated and have to spend more to return item items. Sent them an inquiry but got no response yet. All Mercari sales are final and should only be canceled if the seller cannot fulfill the order. This is the worse app I have ever used. Great. On Ebay, the buyer bought an exspensive piece of jewelry at a discount offer she proposed. All shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer unless the item was not as described and the buyer and seller agree to a refund. They kept the money fedex paid for damage to my property . I got $0. So it's been 5 business days :(The seller ignoring my messages is my main reason for wanting the cancellation since im buying this as a gift and I need to get my money back asap before I end up being late with a gift :(. this is done and then they want the last 4 of his social. Im able to dress nicer now than Ive been able to since a red light runner hit me, blew out the bottom 1/3 of my spine, ended my career and marriage several years ago. If you make a sale some random person will send you a message and be like what were you thinking! Does the order automatically cancel if they dont? My experience with Mercari as a seller, NO GOOD! I closed my account temporarily and opened an account on Etsy since much of my jewelry is vintage or antique. A Chinese woman with the PO BOX address bought a laptop from me and lied to me about receiving the item. I work for ups. I got a half-assed "I'm busy" excuse, and the label was created that evening. Sellers may even be invited to join the Mercari Elite Seller Program, which provides additional rewards for high performing sellers. Think about it. I bet it would take a court action to get you to give them their $8k back ! Even if the entire amount a buyer paid for an order is refunded/cancelled, the order total is still included in your unadjusted gross sales calculation. Mercari is a retailing site that allows you to sell clothing, sporting goods, toys, beauty supplies, and handmade items. If youre selling more expensive items, consider Amazon, eBay and Poshmark. They dont give a fuck about BOTH buyers and sellers. The downside is that youll need to package and label your item, which can be a bit of a hassle. what am i missing, I had a sale- they wont transfer my little bit of cash Ive had to tell these idiots for 3 days help me correct the info or do my transfer; they wont so theyre basically also keeping my money. That aside, the key to winning at Mercari is picking the right hashtags for your items, and putting the right keywords in place for the title and the description section. She was going to maybe pay for that Priority Mail; 3. I agree i. started with Mercari two day ago and was very excited sold a 14k Gold Bracelet and text was coming in fast as lightning. Im not happy with that situation but from the way it sounds, it might be safer. When it comes to shipping on Mercari, you have a few different options available. Scammed by Mercari!! By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. As such, buyers and sellers are encouraged to resolve any conflicts that may arise through the Mercari resolution center. When I looked at her records, she had dozens of cancelled transactions. Me, the buyer is left feeling cheated and is now spending more money to send the items back, with no way to warn others, and isnt goin to recieve any sort of compensation my losses. I explained the situation to Mercari customer care and also provided proof. Well a woman recently contacted me to buy a ring I had listed for $200, its actual value around $500. Payment Processing: Mercari charges sellers a market competitive rate of 2.9% plus $0.30 for each payment received from the buyer. Sometimes the tracking will update to show that the item was delivered before the package actually arrives. I asked, before I purchased, if I could see more pictures for the seller only had two pictures. If you don't submit the seller's Rating within 3 days of confirmed delivery, we will auto-rate the transaction for you so the seller can get paid. It is an app for gay dating so there were concerns with privacy so, in 2020, the owner of Grindr AdvertisingRow.com - Home of online Advertising Inspiration & Ideas, AdvertisingRow.com | Home of Advertising Professionals, Advertising news, Infographics, Job offers. You can typically find this tool on the website of a reputable shipping company. If the package says delivered but you havent received it, reach out to us. After several emails later explaining my problem. Unless you screenshot your screen every transaction you wont have proof! Oh my!!! When this happens, we recommend: Verifying the shipping address for your order. Mecari protects both buyer and seller! Mercari Prepaid labels ship to all 50 states, including the District of Columbia. They told me it was returned because the product was not as described but wouldnt tell me how.

Montana Hunting Regulations For 2021, Zest Car Hire Faro Airport, Articles M