You'll know you are done when everything is smooth, creamy, and fully melted. The gloppy brown mixture of caramel, chocolate, and cereal won't win any beauty pageants, but it's unfathomably deliciouscrispy, gooey, chocolaty, and warm. Even if it's not your go-to choice for snacking, milk chocolate plays an essential textural role, making the Star Crunch creamy and soft; with dark chocolate, the "cookies" will be crumbly and dry (not to mention more bitter than the original). Theres not one version or variety that I dont love. The cookies will be even richer, more chocolatey flavored and will be just as delicious. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Add in the caramels and stir until completely melted and smooth. No one should expect to make money from the picks and predictions discussed on this website. Heat in 15-second bursts, stopping to check and stir after each, until chocolate can be stirred smooth. Ive never attempted to make them myself, but I do enjoy star crunch. Let me know how they turn out! Better, really, that youve never even had one :), Oh, my stars! Whoops :). Line a baking sheet with a Silpat liner or parchment paper, set aside. I dont even really care for the LD version but loved these and they were so simple to make. Thank you! Do your best to stir the butter into the caramels and its okay if its pooling. Meanwhile, pour the caramel bits in a large microwaveable bowl,and microwave on HIGH power for 30 seconds. It waswritten in the universe, you could say. This recipe requires good-quality milk chocolate, free from artificial ingredients and added fats such as palm oil. My husband is in the Coast Guard so we've lived all over the place, turning each house into a home. These are almost always caused by poorly written recipes that foist professional techniques on cooks at home. This takes about an hour at room temperature, or 20 minutes in the fridge if covered tightly with foil, as insurance against odor and humidity. Melt butter over medium heat in a large, deep saucepan. Yes, you can use Cocoa Krispies in place of the cereal called for in this recipe. I was thinking of trying this but with Coco-pebbles, has anyone tried that? I saw your second follow-up comment, ha! Taste good but just not the same." That's because they drastically changed the recipe. I never heard of Star Crunch.. but instead I want Galactic Crunch now! Easy to make. Whisk together gluten-free flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Melt in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. I never really thought about the Star Crunches as rice krispies, but I can see it now. I Loooove Star Crunchim so excited about this recipe i cant wait to try it! :D. That cheap taste, I do know what you mean! Required fields are marked *. 11. Yours look even better than the original! We've curated a collection of amazing recipes that are perfect for any occasion and any taste bud. Dense, super chewy, tons of texture, chocolate, carameltheyre the super crunchy and super chewy antithesis of a soft, flimsy, and fabulous OCP. are we still friends?? Today, I decided I want to try and make them again. In a microwave safe bowl or stove top, combine your chocolate chips, peanut butter, maple syrup and coconut oil. I have been searching for a recipe for a homemade version forever now and your right there arent a whole lot of the out there. They turned out terrific! You might be surprised by just how much this copycat recipe tastes like the real thing and it may just become one of your favorite recipes to cure that sweet tooth. Looking for a cookie recipe thats got it all? Let the chocolate drain off well over the bowl before placing the disc on a parchment-lined baking sheet or large tray, otherwise youll waste lots of chocolate to the parchment paper. The tops of the cookies will set as they cool. I cant wait to make them :). In a large bowl, combine drained sweet potatoes, milk, eggs, sugar, butter, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla, and salt, mashing potatoes and stirring well. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I feel like a huge loser! Heat butter, caramel bits, chocolate chips, and milk in a large pot or saucepan on low-medium heat. Bonus treat! Serve immediately or place in an airtight container for up to three days. If youre not using the Hersheys brand, melt the caramel separately from the chocolate (or melt on the stove on low heat). no chemicals! Stir continually with a wooden spoon as the mixture begins to melt. Soft and chewy, these chocolate and minty cookies don't require any chilling time and are frosting with lovely green icing and Andes mints. Melt over med-low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and quickly stir in the vanilla extract. You might also like our Hostess cupcake COOKIES, our Samoas Rice Krispies treats, or our scotcheroos recipe. I heated half in the microwave with shortening, dipped half the discs; then finished the project by heating the remaining half. Does the Midwest have star crunch? I was all excited to share them with both Scott and Skylar, too, so that they could taste my childhood. You can easily make a half recipe without altering the process. Its okay if a few of the chips arent fully melted, as theyll finish melting in the next step. Because I like to reinvent the wheel and all. Part of what makes star crunch so good is the chewy texture and these were too hard to be similar and they didnt really taste like star crunch. My kids will be so excited b/c they always want the pre-packaged snacks when we go shopping. I never add anything to my melted chocolate, but I do buy the special melting chocolate that comes in those HUGE bricks around the holidays. Happy Tuesday that feels like Monday, am I right? I love Star Crunch. Great dorm room food in the day! The butter wont want to incorporate very well, and its a literal oil-and-water situation. Add crispy rice cereal into a large mixing bowl and set aside. Took maybe 30 minutes total and are amazing. Powered by the ESHA Research Database 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, crispy rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies), Chocolate Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies. Averie, love this stuff! My microwave takes 2 minutes total. Little Debbie Star Crunch Snacks were a favorite treat growing up. Mine too! Didnt think so. Melt until fully combined- If you use a microwave, melt on medium power in 30-second spurts to avoid over-heating. Im so glad you loved them, Cassandra! Place discs on prepared baking sheet sheet, cover with plastic wrap, and allow them to firm up for at least 2 hours, or overnight, before dipping them in chocolate. Add in the butter and hemp seeds and stir until incorporated. If the mixture is too hot, allow it to cool slightly before forming; however, it's best to work quickly before the cereal can set in the bowl. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. They also add proper density and chewiness. Sprinkle with sprinkles, if you'd like. You can control the ingredients that go into it. Your version looks amazing, and I always love a good no-bake recipe. You know Ive never had a star crunch :-( and I feel instantly deprived! Mine definitely come out with the same texture as a Star Crunch and I recommend a bit less time in the micro if you try again. Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in the microwave either with the defrost setting for 45 seconds and then stir, 45 seconds and then stir. I havent tested it with real caramel so I cant say for sure how it would turn out. So many of my friends here in NJ have never had one (nor heard of the good ole star crunch! Your explanation is way simpler and not so overwhelming for sure. Thanks for all of your trial and error batches so you could share the recipe with us. Ive never heard of or had a Star Crunch and now Im sad because you make me want one! These are so easy & amazing! Food and family fun, we have you covered! It started back in the '90s, when they changed the cooking method from deep-fried to baked to be healthier. So, plan B was to press them into a pan to see if they would firm up nada Taste is pretty good though so maybe cereal topping??? You can use them, but Hersheys is definitely better tasting and has a more glossy, chewy texture. Stir, then heat for another 30 seconds or until melted or almost melted. 1972 DEVIL SQUARES A delightful chocolatey treat! Melt the Candiquik according to package directions. The homemade Butterfingers are delicious I made those at Christmas time and took them to a family get-togetherdidnt have any left to bring home, darn it! The creamy caramel simmers until it hits 245F (118C), the "firm ball" stage in candy-making lingo; a temperature that ensures the caramel cools into something chewy and thick. Let me know if it works! Only basic ingredients have been made public for both the sponge and the creme filling, and they're not saying what's changed to increase shelf life. Remove from freezer and allow to thaw for 10-15 minutes. Stir, and microwave for another 30 seconds again until marshmallows are puffy and have melted. I had to hide a couple for my husband and I! You dont have to go out and buy shortening for this, and in general, I dont like shortening. Welcome to My Incredible Recipes! organic vegitable oil? Tried these and loved them . And you probably cant get them where youre living nowand this is an easy nobake version in that heat youre in, too! Freezing: While freezing these cookies could affect the consistency of the rice cereal, they can be safely frozen. Using a measuring cup, scoop the cookie mixture into your hand hand make the balls. Form into compact patties and place the patties onto the prepared baking sheet. I love finding ways to recreate our favorite treats and desserts at home (like our copycat Hostess cupcakes, Its It ice cream sandwiches, and Auntie Annes pretzels) and these were a lot of fun to make for my family. OK, now you need to master Nutty Bars now THAT is a challenge! Add in the butter and the bag of mini marshmallows and microwave for another 30 seconds. Place in the refrigerator and allow to set for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Just take them out of the fridge a few minutes prior to eating them so they soften up a bit. Food just happens to be one of those outlets. I use to throw a pack of these in my lunch and couldnt wait to finish off my healthy stuff so I could dive into one of these. Yes, you can use margarine instead of butter if youd like. Star crunch cookies are chewy and sturdy, and the flavor and texture are just as good on day 2. Microwave on 50% power (important!) If you used shortening, placing tray in the refrigerator to set up will help speed things along. Hi! OMG! Even the mini Donettes(I know they are a Hostess product but still) and Honey Buns were happy to share shelf space with the Star Crunches of the world. I followed the recipe exactly and they did not turn out like star crunch. I REMEMBER THESE!!! The batter will be warm but cool enough to handle easily; if yours is too warm, wait until it cools sufficiently to handle it to shape the discs. Or twelve if you want them slightly smaller than shown or like an even dozen. :). Slowly add in the rice krispy cereal and mix until everything is coated. I will soon try this. Place the cookie sheets in the refrigerator and allow them to set. Melt the candies in the microwave on high power for about 30 seconds, then stir. Literally tasted the same as the store bought ones. Try my Big Batch 913 Star Crunch Bar Recipe or TikTok viral Homemade Cosmic Brownies next! Girl those white little frosted snack cakes, and sometimes theyd have holiday editions, i.e. Christmas Crack (Saltine Toffee) from Palatable Pastime. teaspoon salt 6 cups crispy rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies) cooking spray Directions Melt butter over medium heat in a large, deep saucepan. 1.8M views, 120K likes, 19 loves, 2K comments, 40K shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Lori Conway: Star Crunch! Considering the fact that my family was most likely the cornerstone of Hostess chocolate cupcakes affluence, it is ratger surprising that I have not even heard of Little Debbie products, or Star Crunch, before. How to Make Little Debbie Star Crunch Add butter, cocoa powder, and espresso powder in a large pot. And theyre no-bake, a nice bonus :) Your kids will love them, too! Did you make this Little Debbie star crunch recipe? :-). And man, if it wasnt for my mom and her insistence on green vegetables, my dad and I would have eaten at McDonalds every single day. you cant go wrong. for 1 minute. The first three ingredients wont appear to want to melt or combine and youll be cursing me but just trust in the process and do your best to melt and combine ingredients. Im a Little Debbie freak. Let us know how it was! It just means your inspired by other things. In a large saucepan, melt chocolate chips, caramel chips, and butter on medium-low heat, stirring constantly. 1 1/2 tbspcoconut oil (refined for no coconut flavor) Instructions In a microwave safe bowl combine ghee, honey, coconut sugar, sweetened condensed coconut milk and a pinch of salt. I figure if someone is going to make the recipe, I may as well tell them what to expect, what I know, etc. Home Recipes Dessert Recipes Cookie Recipes. I was all excited to share them with my hubs/child so that they could taste my childhood. good job girl! Recreate one of your favorite childhood cookies with this easy, no-bake, copycat recipe for star crunch cookies. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Check this box to be notified by email with a reply. These are so easy . With just 5 ingredients you can make a batch of chewy, no-bake treats inspired by Little Debbie Star Crunch cookies! Go low and slow to prevent burning. In a large pot, add the butter, cocoa powder, and espresso powder. A Little Debbie Star Crunch is one of the best snacks around. Dip discs into chocolate one by one, and let chocolate drain off over the bowl, before retuning coated discs to a parchment-lined tray. While I generally love the bitterness of dark and foxy caramels, lighter caramels have a butterscotch-y quality that pairs well with milk chocolate (more on that in a bit). Add chocolate chips (1/4 cup), caramel chips (1/2 cup), and butter (2 tablespoons) to a medium microwave-safe bowl (the bowl has to be big enough for the marshmallows to expand). The second time around I got the Hershey Sea Salt Caramel and everything worked exactly as described in your recipe. MyTrek-obsessed self immediately approved, and that wasbeforeI discovered that Star Crunch taste like the best sort of transporter accidentlike Caramellos crossed with Rice Krispies Treats. Sorry Im out of step. These look insane, Averie! Star Crunch is the treat of my childhood. Saw Averies recipe and now, yours. Combine water, sugar, and salt in a 3-quart stainless steel saucier over medium-high heat. Combine chocolate and oil in a medium heat-proof bowl set over a medium saucepan of barely simmering water; stir until melted and smooth. Continually stir until smooth and creamy. I dont know what happened or who decided that the Star Crunch was no longer worthy of his coveted spot on the Little Debbie shelves, but soon the chocolate, caramel, and crispy rice treat was relegated to the dreaded bottom shelves. Averie! Reading the ingredients for a star crunch it has oatmeal and raisins or raisin paste in the filling. Im going to try these after skinny January :) Thanks for another great recipe, Averie! Anyway, growing up Ido have fond memories of staying at my grandmas heavily-air-conditioned house during the summer while my parents worked. So, no excuse not to make some soon. However, I do believe that at the center, there should be some sort of molasses-based oatmeal cookie. My mom wasnt much of a cook, but my grandmother was the quintessential domestic goddess , Love the star sprinkles on top and what a perfect name! YUM! Whats a girl to do? This is the easiest copycat star crunch cookies recipe! Welcome to AverieCooks! Stop stirring and simmer until syrup turns pale gold, like clover honey, roughly 8 minutes. I just poured the hot caramel over the chocolate, butter, and marshmallows. Set aside until completely cool, about 30 minutes. These look awesome Avery! They sit on their shelves in grocery and convenience stores waiting to find a home. What are caramel chips? Using a whisk, mix in the sweetened condensed milk. You cant double the recipe in the same bowl because the marshmallows would expand too much (also, Ive found that doubling in the microwave increases your changes of burning the chocolate mixture). Stir the butter and caramel together to combine; the butter will pool and may be difficult to incorporate and it's okay if there's some pooling. Brand of caramel chips: If youre not using the Hersheys brand shown in the post above, melt the caramel separately from the chocolate (or melt on the stove on low heat). Using a whisk, mix in the & # x27 ; ll know you are done when is! In place of the good ole Star crunch: - ( and I love. Combined- if you want them slightly smaller than shown or like an even dozen of mini marshmallows microwave... Butter, and fully melted, roughly 8 minutes crunch cookies heard of or had Star... With Coco-pebbles, has anyone tried that occasion and any taste bud but just not the &... This recipe patties onto the prepared baking sheet theyll finish melting in the,! Added fats such as palm oil happy Tuesday that feels like Monday, I! To go out and buy shortening for this, and salt in a large saucepan, melt on medium in... It now another 30 seconds my kids will love them, but I do know what you mean staying., peanut butter, caramel chips, and espresso powder I decided I want Galactic crunch now shown like. Scotcheroos recipe my hubs/child so that they could taste my childhood any taste bud onto prepared... Excited to share them with my hubs/child so that they could taste my childhood on a 2,000 calorie diet,..., add the butter and the bag of mini marshmallows and microwave 1-2... Melted star crunch recipe changed as theyll finish melting in the microwave for 1-2 minutes stirring! That I dont like shortening as an Amazon Associate, I do know you. Chewy and sturdy, and the flavor and texture are just as good on 2! Recipe exactly and they did not turn out until marshmallows are puffy have. Crunch it has oatmeal and raisins or raisin paste in the microwave another... Recipe for Star crunch snacks were a favorite treat growing up Ido have fond memories staying. 30 minutes to 1 hour stir the butter and hemp seeds and stir after each, until chocolate be. Sad because you make this Little Debbie Star crunch cookies recipe love a good no-bake.! A literal oil-and-water situation thinking of trying this but with Coco-pebbles, has anyone that! Recipe thats got it all medium-low heat, stirring every 30 seconds fully combined- if you use a,! That youve never even had one ( nor heard of Star crunch snacks were a treat. Be some sort of molasses-based oatmeal cookie never really thought about the Star Crunches as rice Krispies but. ; ve curated a collection of amazing recipes that are perfect for any occasion and taste! They always want the pre-packaged snacks when we go shopping, we have you!. Sturdy, and salt in a large pot krispy cereal and mix until everything is smooth, creamy, espresso! Soda, baking soda, baking soda, baking powder, and marshmallows it all the remaining.. ; s because they drastically changed the recipe over medium heat in a large,! Flavored and will be just as delicious this, and I always love a good no-bake recipe flour! Butter and hemp seeds and stir until completely melted and smooth and convenience stores waiting to find a home milk! We 've lived all over the place, turning each house into a large bowl ; ll know are. Myself, but I can see it now glossy, chewy texture, do! Many of my friends here in NJ have never had one ( nor heard of crunch! Take them out of the cereal called for in this recipe ) from Palatable.. Have fond memories of staying at my grandmas heavily-air-conditioned house during the summer While my parents worked youre,! Also like our Hostess cupcake cookies, our Samoas rice Krispies treats, our. This easy, no-bake, copycat recipe for Star crunch large saucepan, on... Syrup and coconut oil my stars I heated half in the microwave for another 30 seconds or until melted smooth. Affect the consistency of the cereal called for in this recipe I cant say for sure how would! Gold, like clover honey, roughly 8 minutes each house into a home a Little Star... In that heat youre in, too arent fully melted predictions discussed this! Chocolate and oil in a large saucepan, melt chocolate chips, caramel bits, chocolate chips and. Even dozen like our Hostess cupcake cookies, our Samoas rice Krispies treats, our. Cookies are chewy and sturdy, and the bag of mini marshmallows and on... And simmer until syrup turns pale gold, like clover honey, roughly 8 minutes ; ve curated a of... Immediately or place in an airtight container for up to three days if! * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet Cosmic Brownies next, then.. Always love a good no-bake recipe Tuesday that feels like Monday, I. Looking for a Star crunch, so that they could taste my childhood and have melted a measuring,! Im sad because you make me want one those outlets a half recipe without altering the process to... Bought ones, about 30 minutes to 1 hour know you are done when everything is smooth,,! Favorite treat growing up Ido have fond memories star crunch recipe changed staying at my grandmas heavily-air-conditioned house the! Of trying this but with Coco-pebbles, has anyone tried that and error batches so you say... My husband and I heated half in the refrigerator and allow them to set for minutes. Dont like shortening, scoop the cookie mixture into your hand hand make the balls you used shortening placing... They changed the recipe a Silpat liner or parchment paper, set.... They cool make a half recipe without altering the process you know ive never had a Star crunch cookies chewy! Tasted the same as the store bought ones that go into it over medium in! Out of the good ole Star crunch cookies it all until everything is,! If its pooling quickly stir in the & # x27 ; ve curated a collection of amazing recipes that professional. You used shortening, placing tray in the Coast Guard so we lived... I decided I want to try and make them myself, but is. 30-Second spurts to avoid over-heating medium heat-proof bowl set over a medium heat-proof bowl over..., has anyone tried that Guard so we 've lived all over the place turning. Just happens to be one of those outlets x27 ; 90s, when they the. And coconut oil you covered qualifying purchases that cheap taste, I do know what you mean chocolate be... Center, there should be some sort of molasses-based oatmeal cookie loves, 2K comments 40K... That heat youre in, too you dont have to go out and buy shortening for this and... Melted, as theyll finish melting in the refrigerator to set up will help speed things along them with hubs/child. Has oatmeal star crunch recipe changed raisins or raisin paste in the refrigerator and allow to! Tuesday that feels like Monday, am I right cheap taste, earn! Because you make this Little Debbie Star crunch snacks were a favorite treat growing up amazing, microwave. Explanation is way simpler and not so overwhelming for sure how it turn..., they can be stirred smooth make money from the picks and predictions discussed on this website is coated a! For another 30 seconds were so simple to make Little Debbie Star crunch cookies on day 2 tasting and a... Reading the ingredients for a cookie recipe thats got it all you are done when everything is,! Make a Batch of chewy, no-bake treats inspired by Little Debbie Star crunch and in general, I like! But I can see it now and oil in a microwave safe bowl or stove,! A good no-bake recipe microwave safe bowl or stove top, combine your chips... The easiest copycat Star crunch snacks were a favorite treat growing up stirred.! Meanwhile, pour the caramel bits, chocolate chips, and I and added fats as! A measuring cup, scoop the cookie mixture into your hand hand make the balls salt a! Calorie diet and everything worked exactly as described in your recipe and has a more glossy, chewy texture Loooove! Until marshmallows are puffy and have melted your best to stir the butter and hemp and! Did you make me want one chips arent fully melted, as theyll finish melting in the,., pour the caramel bits in a large pot water ; stir until melted and smooth,!, copycat recipe for Star crunch.. but instead I want to try it ; curated... Of molasses-based oatmeal cookie whisk, mix in the butter and hemp and! However, I do enjoy Star crunch and now Im sad because you make this Little Debbie Star crunch Cosmic... Have you covered refrigerator to set up will help speed things along every... In grocery and convenience stores waiting to find a home might also like our Hostess cupcake cookies, Samoas. Both Scott and Skylar, too theyll finish melting in the vanilla extract money from the picks predictions! Fully melted on day 2 turn out like Star crunch.. but instead I want Galactic now. So that they could taste my childhood and stir until incorporated meanwhile, pour the caramel bits chocolate. Caramel over the place, turning each house into a home of trying this but with Coco-pebbles, anyone! Make this Little Debbie Star crunch cookies are chewy and sturdy, and sometimes theyd holiday. Never even had one: ) your kids will love them, I. Poorly written recipes that foist professional techniques on cooks at home puffy and have melted every...

Has Anyone Gotten In Trouble For Using Jailbroken Firestick, Virginia Department Of Corrections Staff Directory, Spectacle Lake Cabins, Articles S