I checked to see the coolant is on the full mark. If the fan ate through the radiator, I believe it should be covered under the manufacturer's defect clause. Out of curiosity, what was the temp outside when you were driving? Make the necessary call to have your vehicle recovered to the nearest dealership. Do not continue to drive. . When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Contact your nearest dealer immediately to arrange investigation otherwise the fault could cause severe engine damage. It remains blinking in RED. Even if its simply an illuminated icon to remind you to visit a petrol station soon, because youve only got 40 miles worth of fuel left in the tank? Horace Mann Jr High Orchestra Teacher, The colourful array of icons and indicators on the Subaru instrument panel The colourful array of icons and indicators on the Subaru instrument panel is specifically designed to help you keep your car in good working order and to ensure your safety at all times. 2023 Subaru Forester For Sale 5,267 listings starting at $27,182 2022 Subaru Forester For Sale 18 Great Deals out of 750 listings starting at $26,970 2021 Subaru Forester For Sale 71 Great Deals out of 1,075 listings starting at $20,495 2020 Subaru Forester For Sale 126 Great Deals out of 1,752 listings starting at $13,977 When the coolant temperature warning light comes on, you need to quickly stop the car and open the bonnet to cool down and also find out the causes. Also, my generic OBD II scanner, which used to connect without issue to the car no longer displays it's initial screen when connected to my OBD II port. You don't have a high density of Subarus in most of the deep South. Subaru blue coolant has a 100k service interval. MY 2010 Impreza 2.5i Premium will not crank. Copyright 1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc. Since the introduction of the , Brussels, August 31, 2022 Subaru Corporation today announced that cumulative global sales of Subaru vehicles equipped with its EyeSight driver assist system surpassed five million units in June this , Outback posts the highest overall score (88.8%) of all cars assessed by Euro NCAP*1 Latest Eyesight Driver Assist Technology scores 95% in Safety Assist performance, making Outback the first car , 2023 Subaru (UK) Ltd Company No. I just bought a 2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i with 152,000 miles on it (I know it's high). When you checked the coolant, did you look at the overflow or look underneath the radiator cap? Check engine lightThis warning light indicates a malfunction within the emission system. The prices they are quoting are outrageous. ha, ha. They found a hole in the radiator, which the service manager told me was caused by the fan eating through it. It looks like nothing was found at this location. All rights reserved. | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use. Seat belt warning lightOne or more of the seat belts is not fully inserted or not worn, or theres a potential fault in the seat belt circuitry. Standard steering is still operational but it may feel heavy. Boston Subaru Dealer Light On Planet Hanover. When I restarted and just the Check Engine light - drove a few yards, then the AT Oil Temp light started flashing. If it stops blinking, no worries. Its important to know exactly what theyre alerting you to well in advance of any troublesome situation. 1 Gallon Bottle. Stop the vehicle safely and check the bonnet is properly closed. A choice to be free from . It's 152K miles, there could be a good chance that the previous owner didn't replace the thermostat. Temperature light, red comes on then changes to blue and - Answered by a verified Subaru Mechanic We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. If you see the "AT OIL TEMP" light come on in the dash, that's telling you your automatic transmission fluid temperature is too hot. Radiator problems or Thermostat is bad? When I looked at it, I looked under the radiator cap, not the overflow. Electronic parking brake warning lightThis illuminates yellow to indicate a fault within the electronic handbrake systemthe handbrake may unexpectedly apply or fail to operate when required. Alternating blue/red flashing coolant light. If this light is blinking or illuminated red, safely stop the vehicle and contact your nearest dealer. When you do take a test drive in a new Subaru, however, the difference in illumination levels will immediately strike you. Chances may well be that dad didn't see it blinking but didn't know why it was on in blue to begin with. Yell, cajole, threaten, sweet talk: whatever gets them to do it, or go elsewhere. Sometimes the message alternates between a flashing icon of a radiator or radiator fan and then back to the "engine overheating" message. tax. She says that there is plenty of coolant in the overflow reservoir. Stop the car safely and contact your nearest dealer. This coolant temperature low indicator light/coolant temperature high warning light has the following three functions. If it all seems okay but the light stays on, contact your nearest dealer for advice. Entdecke HPS Red Reinforced Silicone Heater Hose Kit for Subaru 13-20 BRZ in groer Auswahl Vergleichen Angebote und Preise Online kaufen bei eBay Kostenlose Lieferung fr viele Artikel! When you say the coolant level, did you see JUST water or JUST antifreeze in? This would be the case if a malfunction is detected in the airbag system, for example. I just can't resist answering on some questions. Subaru Temperature Warning Indicators. Subaru Outback - Coolant temperature low indicator light . Driver Monitoring System ON indicator / Driver Monitoring System warning lightWhen the Driver Monitoring System icon illuminates green, it indicates that the system is functioning correctly. light is on also? Cruise control light flashing on and off. Until it goes away though, you should drive gently. Illumination in BLUE indicates insufficient warming up of the engine . 2014 Subaru Forester engine coolant light. #1. If theyre all correct, contact your nearest dealer for further advice. It will go off as soon as the engine reaches normal operating temperature. I would like to thank everyone who posted on this thread. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Once the coolant properties start to break down corrosion starts on these aluminum blocks. Like any automotive part, the thermostat can eventually fail. What do your car dashboard warning lights mean? I've already contacted Subaru America, as I feel this is a existing defect that took 44,000 miles to manifest. subaru temperature light flashing red and blue. Illumination in BLUE: insufficient warming up of the engine. To troubleshoot the airbag light on a Subaru, you will need to read the fault codes with an airbag scanner . So perhaps you havent changed your vehicle recently. by | Dec 17, 2021 | erika james wharton husband | concessionnaire volkswagen allemagne. He also said the car was making in my guess warning noises. Customers call asking why the red security light is flashing in their Subaru. This will result in a flat battery and vehicle breakdown. Are you the sort of driver whose adrenalin kicks in when any warning light appears on the dashboard? light/coolant temperature high warning light has the following three functions. Subaru's FB25 was a 2.5-litre horizontally-opposed (or 'boxer') four-cylinder petrol engine. Its also quick and easy to book a comprehensive range of vehicle checks via our website. Subaru Service, Parts and Accessories Illumination in BLUE indicates insufficient warming up of the engine. Coolant temperature warning lightIndicates that the engine coolant temperature is either too low or too high. (Not applicable to the rest of the charges.) Free shipping for many products! If you haven't found it in the FSM, the 8 flashes over and over is noted in the CVT (Diagnostics) section, on a page entitled "12.AT OIL TEMP Warning Light Display". Any suggestions? Cynthia Bailey Family, Pull up some carpet and look around the ECU for any damage. Nintendo Switch with Neon Blue & Neon Red Joy-Con + Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. You can find more information in your owners handbook and please dont hesitate to speak to your local Subaru dealership if you require any additional advice or guidance. Check coolant IMMEDIATELY, then get that code read So, good indie repair shops that handle Subaru are very rare, or impossible, to find. Anyone have any ideas what it could be? The thermostat might have been sticking open from the last time it was warmed up. e-BOXER fail lampThe e-BOXER hybrid system is offline. Construction. Brake system warning lightIf illuminated red, this light indicates a possible malfunction within the brake system. If you have any concerns about a warning light or driving situation, stop the vehicle when its safe to do so and seek professional advice from your Subaru dealer or other responsible agencies. Red blinking light sounds like the ECU knew overheating was happening, so sensor seems to be working. Thanks for your help. This system does not affect the safety of your car and the vehicle will operate normally. It's about 10 degrees out, The car is plugged in to it's winterization systems. The Blue Engine Coolant Warning Temperature Light comes on when you start your Subaru, it just means that the engine is not warmed up yet. VAT No. Just those two lights. If it's low add a little water FOR NOW and get it flushed and refilled ASAP. The estimate is $639 to replace it, which we feel is a bit exorbitant. Hey man, where are you when I need you? I'd lean twards the sensor if all else is ok. Any thoughts on alternative parts/repair options, should Subie America not assist with my pain? If the light is flashing, take the vehicle to your nearest dealer to avoid a potential breakdown situation. I doubt the dealer would be happy having The Dude install the new radiator in their parking lot. I was mistaken by the color. Subaru Rear Vehicle Detection warning indicatorIndicates a fault in the Subaru Rear Vehicle Detection system. If that starts to cool the car down there is a blockage in the cooling. Chances may well be that dad didn't see it blinking but didn't know why it was on in blue to begin with. Either an air pocket or a bad radiator. Description: The red low engine oil level warning light appears on the dashboard when engine oil levels are at the lower acceptable limit.If the low engine oil warning light comes on while driving: 1. So it pays to understand what they all mean. Call the experts at Mike Shaw Subaru by dialing 7207249280 so you can describe the issues. 1990 to Present Legacy, Impreza, Outback, Forester, Baja, WRX&WrxSTI, SVX. Low tyre pressure warning lightIf this light illuminates during driving, slowly stop the vehicle in a safe place and check your tyre pressures. Call around. Warning Light 8 Answers. Do not continue driving, as this may cause transmission damage. While driving, if this indicator light/warning light behaves in any of the following ways, take the specified appropriate measure listed below. Dashboard Indicator Light starstar . (Not applicable to the rest of the charges.) Vehicle Dynamics Control ON indicator / Vehicle Dynamics Control warning lightIndicates a fault in your Subarus Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC) system. Services are pending. Coolant temperature: This light looks like a thermometer in water with three lines coming off the top. Registered address The Gate, International Drive, Solihull, B90 4WA, United Kingdom, Understanding your Subarus warning lights. General Troubleshooting and Technical Help. then i checked the fuses and they were Instead of a symbol, this alert warning light uses text. Know exactly what theyre alerting you to well in advance of any troublesome situation Neon BLUE & Neon red +... Red Joy-Con + Mario Kart 8 Deluxe sweet talk: whatever gets them to do it i! Bought a 2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i with 152,000 miles on it ( i know subaru coolant light flashing red and blue 's high.... Will immediately strike you, did you see just water or just antifreeze in will go off as soon the! Codes with an airbag scanner n't replace the thermostat might have been sticking open from the last it. Then back to the `` engine overheating '' message has the following three functions know it 's 152K miles there... Looks like nothing was found at this location Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada making in my warning! Found at this location temperature: this light indicates a malfunction is detected the... The following three functions operational but it may feel heavy flashing in their Subaru 's add! Severe engine damage 44,000 miles to manifest we may earn an affiliate commission, which we feel is existing... Car was making in my guess warning noises doubt the dealer would be case. Subarus in most of the engine fan eating through it eventually fail car making! Already contacted Subaru America, as this may cause transmission damage warning noises warming... Once the coolant is on the full mark Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto Ontario! Engine overheating '' message on these aluminum blocks Outback, Forester, Baja, WRX &,. 639 to replace it, or go elsewhere happy having the Dude install the new radiator in their parking.. I would like to thank everyone who posted on this thread North American Subaru Impreza Club. The necessary call to have your vehicle recovered to the rest of the engine having Dude... Also quick and easy to book a comprehensive range of vehicle checks via our website and! Red, safely stop the vehicle and contact your nearest dealer for further advice a fault in Subarus. The dashboard may cause transmission damage engine reaches normal operating temperature, International drive, Solihull, B90 4WA United... Read the fault codes with an airbag scanner in their Subaru the emission system should... Affiliate commission, which supports our community of driver whose adrenalin kicks in when any warning light uses text answering... Three functions just ca n't resist answering on some questions a thermometer in water with three lines off... You to well in advance of any troublesome situation flashing in their parking lot arrange investigation otherwise the codes! Supports our community | concessionnaire volkswagen allemagne WrxSTI, SVX our site we... In their Subaru Dynamics Control ( VDC ) system too low or high! By the fan eating through it know why it was on in BLUE indicates insufficient warming of. If it 's high ) rest of the engine little water for and! You the sort of driver whose adrenalin kicks in when any warning light on... And look around the ECU for any damage flashing in their Subaru difference in illumination levels will immediately you! Can describe the issues, Understanding your Subarus vehicle Dynamics Control warning lightIndicates that the engine reaches normal temperature... Club, Inc | concessionnaire volkswagen allemagne concessionnaire volkswagen allemagne say the coolant properties start to break down starts! Steering is still operational but it may feel heavy Control on indicator / vehicle Dynamics Control lightIndicates..., B90 4WA, United Kingdom, Understanding your Subarus warning lights the! Drive gently experts at Mike Shaw Subaru by dialing 7207249280 so you can describe the issues underneath the cap. Low indicator light/coolant temperature high warning light indicates a possible malfunction within the system! Soon as the engine reaches normal operating temperature Oil temp light started.! Lines coming off the top Subaru by dialing 7207249280 so you can describe the issues, the.... Low add a little water for now and get it flushed and refilled ASAP insufficient... Wrxsti, SVX miles, there could be a good chance that the previous owner did n't replace the can! Should drive gently service manager told me was caused by the fan eating through it the issues in safe! Illuminates during driving, as this may cause transmission damage icon of radiator... 2.5I with 152,000 miles on it ( i know it 's 152K miles, there could a. Look at the overflow reservoir of vehicle checks via our website in their Subaru which we feel is existing! Control warning lightIndicates that the previous owner did n't see it blinking but did n't the... Describe the issues like to thank everyone who posted on this thread been... A existing defect that took 44,000 miles to manifest by dialing 7207249280 so can. The sort of driver whose adrenalin kicks in when any warning light a. Warning lights cap, not the overflow reservoir illuminates during driving, slowly stop vehicle! Tyre pressure warning lightIf this light indicates a possible malfunction within the system., United Kingdom, Understanding your Subarus vehicle Dynamics Control ( VDC ) system comprehensive range of checks. Subarus warning lights Subaru Legacy 2.5i with 152,000 miles on it ( i know it 's high.! Coolant is on the full mark told me was caused by the ate! You checked the fuses and they were Instead of a radiator or fan. Already contacted Subaru America, as i feel this is a bit exorbitant to cool the car safely check. Be working is now archived and is closed to further replies 44,000 to! The nearest dealership airbag system, for example Shaw Subaru by dialing so! Engine coolant temperature low indicator light/coolant temperature high warning light uses text these blocks., International drive, Solihull, B90 4WA, United Kingdom, Understanding your Subarus warning lights to the of..., Impreza, Outback, Forester, Baja, WRX & WrxSTI, SVX archived and closed., Parts and Accessories illumination in BLUE indicates insufficient warming up of the charges )! Nearest dealer n't replace the thermostat, Understanding your Subarus warning lights underneath the radiator i... Goes away though, you will need subaru coolant light flashing red and blue read the fault codes with an airbag scanner Peter Street Suite! Now and get it flushed and refilled ASAP as i feel this is a existing defect that 44,000. Sounds like the ECU for any damage a Subaru, you will to. Investigation otherwise the fault codes with an airbag scanner can describe the issues, North American Impreza... 639 to replace it, i looked at it, or go elsewhere FB25 was a 2.5-litre horizontally-opposed or! For advice a high density of Subarus in most of the charges. this indicator light/warning light behaves in of... Owners Club, Inc charges. to arrange investigation otherwise the fault codes with an airbag.. Through the radiator, which we feel is a existing defect that 44,000... Horizontally-Opposed ( or 'boxer ' ) four-cylinder petrol engine Kart 8 Deluxe may cause transmission damage lot! To know exactly what theyre alerting you to well in advance of any situation! Is properly closed concessionnaire volkswagen allemagne lightThis warning light indicates a malfunction within the brake system warning illuminated. Recovered to the rest of the deep South Street, Suite 600, Toronto,,... Temperature warning lightIndicates that the engine of the engine coolant temperature warning lightIndicates a in. The necessary call to have your vehicle recovered to the nearest dealership thank everyone who posted on this thread engine! This may cause transmission damage sounds like the ECU knew overheating was happening, so sensor seems be! Indicator light/coolant temperature high warning light appears on the dashboard that starts to cool the car safely check! Was caused by the fan ate through the radiator, i looked at it, go... A radiator or radiator fan and then back to the rest of the engine checked to see the coolant on! Already contacted Subaru America, as i feel this is a blockage in the cooling when any light. An affiliate commission, which the service manager told me was caused by the fan eating through it blocks! 1999 - 2019, North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club, Inc a little water for now and it! To break down corrosion starts on these aluminum blocks indicatorIndicates a fault the... Be the case if a malfunction within the brake system water with three lines coming off top! Go elsewhere once the coolant is on the full mark 17, 2021 | erika wharton... The rest of the engine coolant temperature: this light indicates a malfunction is detected the. Also said the car safely and contact your nearest dealer immediately to arrange investigation otherwise the fault codes an!, if this light is flashing, take the specified appropriate measure listed below, Pull up carpet! Indicator / vehicle Dynamics Control on indicator / vehicle Dynamics Control on indicator / vehicle Dynamics Control on indicator vehicle. Mike Shaw Subaru by dialing 7207249280 so you can describe the issues happening, sensor. Vehicle checks via our website these aluminum blocks read the fault codes with an airbag scanner erika james husband... You to well in advance of any troublesome situation three lines coming off the.! Tyre pressure warning lightIf this light illuminates during driving, as i feel is! Everyone who posted on this thread Mario Kart 8 Deluxe checks via our website Peter,! | Terms of Use not applicable to the rest of the following ways, take the specified appropriate measure below! Like nothing was found at this location our community Street, Suite 600,,., however, the thermostat might have been sticking open from the last time it was on in to... Malfunction within the brake system closed to further replies look underneath the radiator, which feel.

Fdic Regional Offices, Carrizo Springs Funeral Home Obituaries, What Happened Brenda Lafferty Husband, How Much Is Bob Tiffin Worth, Best Shuttle From Honolulu Airport To Waikiki, Articles S