The 6-part documentary series, features stories that most people don't know; the doubt from his coaches, the controversies with teammates, and the insecurities from within that drove one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play the sport. But he looked over and saw and he goes, Yeah. He appreciates today, I think, more than he did back then. - Joe Montana: Cool Under Pressure is a 6-part sports documentary series featuring stories that most people don't know; the doubt from his coaches, the controversies with teammates, and the . The way I look at it is the first one [XVI vs. the Bengals], like you cant replace the first time you walk onto a Super Bowl field that feeling of the yeas and the boos kind of met at the 50-yard line. He won a National Championship at Notre Dame. "Joe Montana: Cool Under Pressure" is set to premiere on Peacock. So I had to wait for Dwight. At the very least, Joe Montana: Cool Under Pressure will educate young football fans on the man who was Tom Brady before there was a Tom Brady. Q: What is the biggest surprise viewers will have? She never talks. Montana led the San Francisco 49ers to four Super Bowl victories (1982, 1985, 1989, 1990) and was named the Super Bowl's Most . "Until they can figure that out, I think we'll always have a problem.". 20:39. Just leave us a message here and we will work on getting you verified. Joe Montana: Cool Under Pressure features stories that many people don't know: the doubt from his coaches, the controversies with teammates and the insecurities from within that drove one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play the sport. . But I see it a bunch. "It's really hard when what causes (injury) was when the brain moves and hits inside your skull. The 65-year-old Pro Football Hall of Famer, who notes he could only watch the series a single time to give a final OK, told The Hollywood Reporter some viewers may even be shocked by what they will learn. At least one valid email address is required. Privacy Policy much like Joe Montana. And then the game changed a little bit when Mike Holmgren got there. Jerry Rice and Joe Montana on the sidelines during a 1990 game vs the Cincinnati Bengals. MONTANA: Cool Under Pressure . Peacock premium subscription is free if you have Xfinity (Comcast) internet. Stream new movies, hit shows, exclusive Originals, live sports, WWE, news, and more. A: That doesnt happen today. Joe Montana: Cool Under Pressure Available on Peacock Although he is celebrated for winning a collegiate National Championship, four Super Bowls and three Super Bowl MVP titles, what truly defines Joe Montana's career is his ability to remain cool under tremendous pressure. Growing Up Montana Episode 1 - 51 mins "Thank you to everyone who has reached out," said Montana, now 64 years old and 26 years removed from his NFL career. The pieces of ice they couldnt get off the field they were throwing rock salt on it, and so (chuckle) just tore you up by the end of the day. G.I. Joe Montana: Cool Under Pressure is streaming January 6 on Peacock: https://pck.tv/2UNDS20 Synopsis: Quarterback Joe Montana had many accomplishments over his football life. matthewsjennifer11. Fox Renews Dan Harmons Krapopolis for Third Season Ahead of Its Season 1 Premiere, Mike Judge Explains Why Beavis and Butt-Head Wont Drop F-Bombs in New Series and Reveals Secret Message Put in Original Show, She-Hulk: Attorney at Law Head Writer Jessica Gao Is Finding the Funny in Marvel, Universal Studios Introduces The Weeknd Maze to Halloween Horror Nights, Comcast In "Peak Expense Mode" For Peacock Streaming Investment This Year, CFO Says, 'Bel-Air' Creator Reflects on Will Smith's Oscars Slap: "Human Moments Happen", HBO, Lily-Rose Depp Deny On-Set Turmoil on The Idol, Inside Kids Choice Awards Set Design: Stage Aims to Take Viewers Inside a Dream With Nods to Iconic Nickelodeon IP (Exclusive), The Mandalorian Creator Jon Favreau Says Boba Fett Crossover Freed Him to Move Story Forward, Travis Kelce Destroys the Studio as Indiana Jones in Saturday Night Live Promo, The Mandalorian EP Dave Filoni Talks Grogus Future, Ahsoka and Shadowing Rian Johnson, Rihannas Puma x Fenty Is Coming Back Heres Where You Can Still Buy Those Cult-Fave Creepers, The Best Bridesmaid Dresses for Every Budget, From Under-$100 Gowns to Hollywood-Inspired Classics, BTS Army: Heres When and Where Legos Dynamite-Inspired Set Arrives Online and In Stores, From Makeup Must-Haves to Skin Care Superstars, These Black-Owned Beauty Brands Are Best-Sellers, Lord of the Rings: Amazon, Warner Bros. Ready for Tolkien Battle, How the Landscape of Native-Led Stories Has Changed Between Avatars: Were Flexing Our Sovereignty, The Definitive Voice of Entertainment News. I think the biggest thing about coming out of here is if you want something bad enough, you just never quit. And what I went through I think people will be shocked by some of the things that happened. Marvel Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer, Jurassic Park Movies Ranked By Tomatometer, The Mandalorian Season 3 Premiere Features Sad Bo-Katan, a Bad Baby, and a Pirate Problem, The 5 Most Anticipated Movies of March 2023. I had heard of it some time ago. The series will follow four-time Super Bowl champion Joe Montana, with the first two episodes launching exclusively on Peacock on January 6th, followed by additional [] Back then, when you go the Super Bowl you get there a week early, wed practice and meetings, and then you were free for dinner. But looking backward Both my mom and dad have passed. He just makes a team better, obviously, and hes been so consistent about the way hes played over the years, I think thats the most impressive thing about him. Hes too big for your back, hes too fast for your tackle. Thats because the latest offering from the plucky streaming network takes archival footage of previous works from another legend in football history, NFL Films. What was it like being among the first NFL stars who transcended the game? The 6-part premium sports documentary series, Joe Montana: Cool Under Pressure features stories that most people dont know; the doubt from his coaches, the controversies with teammates, and the insecurities from within that drove one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play the sport. 0:50. On the whole, I think were more talented than the Bears were. So, I appreciate it. Reuters provides business, financial, national and international news to professionals via desktop terminals, the world's media organizations, industry events and directly to consumers. Of course, also the legend mentioned above, Joe Montana. A: It was fun to do. Everyone is throwing for more yards because theyre protecting the quarterback [better]. Id be curious to see what it was like playing for [Vince] Lombardi. Your AMC Ticket Confirmation# can be found in your order confirmation email. "Audibles My Life in Football", Avon Books 72 Copy quote Don't complain about not getting a chance and then be unprepared when you finally do. He started pushing the ball down the field a little bit more, but then we had John Taylor and Jerry Rice and Brent Jones, so it made a little more sense. All the ups and downs throughout my career, whether it was high school or college, with coaches. The playoffs look out of reach in 1988, but Joe rallies the 49ers to finish 10-6 and a come-from-behind victory in Super Bowl XXIII; a year later, five touchdown passes in Super Bowl XXIV give Joe his fourth Super Bowl ring and a third MVP trophy. He was one of those guys you just had to know where he was. I just didnt remember Harris saying that he saw John Candy during the week, so I pointed it out to him. Q: What was the key to being clutch for you? Despite controversy and insecurities, Joe Montana cements a legacy as one of the NFL's finest. Not that far removed from his second Super Bowl ring, Joe encounters a few hurdles in his career. It's time the next generation learned. Seeing them in there and getting their take on some of the things that took place, especially my mom. Required fields are marked *. Watch Joe Montana: Cool Under Pressure Streaming Now on Peacock: https://pck.tv/3zZIP8h Joe Montana's iconic pass to Dwight Clark in the NFC Championship of . Steve Young was great, but never had Joe's magic. Coming Soon, Regal What about that? oe Montana is best-known as Joe Cool, a quarterback who was calm under pressure and always delivered in the clutch. Try for free Hes so uptight, he was like mumbling stuff to me (laugh) and I cant even remember what he was saying, something about the Super Bowl, trying to win, and youre looking at people. Joe Montana | 9K views, 146 likes, 23 loves, 26 comments, 56 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Peacock TV: 40 years ago today, Joe Montana completed one of the most famous plays in NFL history.. In a segment on "Joe Montana: Cool Under Pressure" (Episode 3), Montana revealed how he contacted . Jan 4 (Reuters) - National Football League (NFL) Hall of Famer Joe Montana has avoided the documentary spotlight for decades but is letting his guard down this week, as a new series on the quarterback's life and career debuts. He said your name is already a nickname with Montana being the last name. I had met him a number of years before that. "No matter how good the helmet is, you're still moving forward and something stopping you. And awesome. Montana's firsthand account of his career from the earliest days to national champion at Notre Dame and becoming a four-time Super Bowl winner and a Pro Football Hall of Famer. They even give past interviews updated, colorized treatment similar to that seen in the documentary They Shall Not Grow Old. Parents need to know that Joe Montana: Cool Under Pressure is a documentary that provides an inspirational look into the career of one the NFL's most celebrated quarterbacks. I get questions from them all the time about when I was younger. I hope they feature stuff from his Notre Dame days as well. The Legacy of "M*A*S*H" And TV's Best Series Finales, Snow Report: The 20 Greatest Cocaine Scenes in Movie History, Darkness Didnt Show Aaron Rodgers Light: Decision Will Be Soon Enough, After Washington Failure, Ex-NFL MVP Candidate Carson Wentz Is in Trouble, Some Doctors Are Now Making More Dubious Claims About Ivermectin. BEAR DOWN. Miss COACH O, who made it possible!! I just liked watching him play. It was fun to a certain degree. When individual episodes have scores, they will influence the final season score. Deadline is a part of Penske Media Corporation. Ready Steady Cut is operated by Hart-Wilson Media Limited Please update your browser to one of the following: Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Joe Montana: Cool Under Pressure review extensive and thorough coverage. Just below that it reads "Ticket Confirmation#:" followed by a 10-digit number. And wed cone back for meetings post-dinner, Harris was like a little kid in a candy shop, telling you all the celebrities hed seen. He was shocked. Do You Want It? A: I dont know its just that people think of you as a winner. A: Winning was what you expect, but the feeling of losing is what I think drives most players at that level. San Francisco was the team of the decade and Joe Montana was the principal reason why. Its free. Learn how your comment data is processed. CLIP 02/01/23 . He could have just made the catch.. Thoughts? A: The quarterback should be able to take a hit. The things that guys that are in ahead of him, hes done more than most. Subscribe to Deadline Breaking News Alerts and keep your inbox happy. Terms and Policies They won't be able to see your review if you only submit your rating. At age 46, Joe was diagnosed with high blood pressure. Browse an unrivalled portfolio of real-time and historical market data and insights from worldwide sources and experts. The craziest thing was Bill [Walsh, coach] had the intuition in training camp, he made us practice that. Joe leads the 49ers to two Super Bowl victories before marrying the girl of his dreams in 1985. Player and team photos used with permission from, Why Nick Bosa isn't expecting big changes with the 49ers defense in 2023, 49ers insider: Why you should expect Trey Lance to start Week 1, Why the 49ers can't ignore top draft prospects despite lacking a pick in Rounds 1 or 2, Details emerge on 49ers long snapper Taybor Pepper's 3-year deal. Hes basically supposed to set a pick on the inside receiver, but the inside guy, Freddie [Solomon] slips down, and when he finally gets up, hes covered. A: I think he gets in, for sure. All rights reserved. He won 10 or 11 championships before the Super Bowls came around. Watch Joe Montana: Cool Under Pressure Trailer - Season 1. And, we both thought he was crazy, because wed never ever thrown the ball to Dwight at all (chuckle) until then. Do You Have Any? Peter Read Miller/Sports Illustrated via Getty. Just confirm how you got your ticket. Former Superbowl champion quarterback Joe Montana, who played for the National Football League's San Francisco 49ers and Kansas City Chiefs, poses during an interview in Toronto, Ontario,. I understand what [Kupp] is saying, but it is still a record. Football Hall of Famer Joe Montana is the subject of an upcoming sports documentary coming to Peacock Jan. 6. It is what it is these days. Screen for heightened risk individual and entities globally to help uncover hidden risks in business relationships and human networks. Signup for Breaking News Alerts & Newsletters. We wont be able to verify your ticket today, but its great to know for the future.

Dr Victor Reyes Hilda Koronel, Articles W