Invoice billed purchases are do within 50 days after the date of purchase. [17] Bob Holtan, John Menard's friend and radio station owner, wrote the lyrics to the "Save Big Money" jingle in the early 1970s. Should Chicago adopt ranked choice voting? V1: So how else have you been spending your time these days? That 15 minutes of fame, for me, came to be about an hour. He was a very famous actor from Milwaukee. It showed the enormity of the company. Discovered in Wuhan, China, in late 2019, COVID-19 would come to infect millions worldwide throughout the 2020s. To celebrate this Midwestern cultural icon, weve gathered up some photos, videos, and tidbits here to share (see below), including a great interview Volume One had with him roughly nine years ago. When True Value Hardware Stores starting using Sports Broadcaster Pat Summerall to do voice-over work for TV Commercials, Menards was looking for their own spokesman, and in 1976, they found Ray Szmanda. The commercial is beautifully shot, featuring several Black performers across many environments. You have everything set up, the lighting and so forth. Menards spokesman Ray Szmanda, 72, of Antigo, Wis., films a television commercial for shower doors. They were having a party at their dorm, and they said, Is this Mr. Menard? And I said, Well, yeah, this is Ray Szmanda. And they said, Will you say it for us?. I got $50 for a one-time fee, and I've had to listen to that commercial every day for 20 years." Well look at the pros and cons of each. Many advertisers took to 2020s TV to sell their products during what proved to be quite an uncertain time. Careers, Have questions? In 2020, Menards expanded into West Virginia, opening three locations in that state: one in Wheeling, another in Morgantown, and the last one in Huntington. Ray Szmanda appears as the Menards guy on one of its commercials (YouTube.com). V1: Well Im wondering if you feel guilty going into a Fleet Farm or Home Depot? audience & publishing schedule , Staff Make sure to keep it with you should you need planned or unplanned medical care. [26], In 2023, the Menards and Matt Crafton sponsorship partnership surpassed STP and Richard Petty as NASCAR's longest-tenured driver/sponsorship relationship. Well I could hear the noise in the background the music and the clinking of the glasses and I said, Save big money at Menards! They said, Far out, and that was the end of the conversation. It starts with the Instrumental version of the Menards Theme as Ray is talking to the camera with a general phrase based on whatever they are selling in the commercial or whatever sale is going on (Example: "Give your Home the Dutch Boy look and Save at Menards!"). Im having a ball, Szmanda said on his personal website. The way he comes across in commercials. By opening a truss plant in the late 1960s, Menards grew to produce more substantial building materials on-site. This characteristic included celebrating healthcare workers, grocery store employees, and delivery drivers who kept the essential products we needed coming to our doors. The spiders longing is finally satiated when its owner brings a Samsung device home. Perhaps the final most significant event to define the 2020s was the war in Ukraine. She is of Dutch and one quarter Norwegian descent. Having fun with people. Advertising powerhouse Amazon brought us a hilarious 2021 TV commercial featuring heartthrob Michael B. Jordan standing in for one womans Amazon Echo device. [32], During the COVID-19 pandemic, Michigan's Attorney General Dana Nessel sent Menards a cease and desist letter citing 18 complaints from consumers in regards to price gouging on products such as face masks and bleach. The insurance company reviews the claim for its validity and then pays you or your doctor. You seem so quiet. Older people looked at me and said, Look at that guy out there. Even in his later years (he was in his mid-70s by the time I worked with him) he had a booming voice that would echo throughout the aisles of the westside Eau Claire Menards, commanding attention from unsuspecting shoppers. This commercial is the best of the 2020s for many reasons. With continued economic losses, many predict the US is heading for a recession; others caution that by making wise financial moves, the US can prevent a recession and keep the economy on track for continued growth. They say, Say it. And I say Save big money at Menards!. Hi guys!Thank you for checking out my short!So this is a commercial Voice-over done for Wesleyan University.Please check out my channel for more of my voice-. Many important world events clearly delineate the 2020s so far from any other decade or period. V1: What kind of stuff did you guys play? Im an advertising man, not a red herring. Took me a half an hour. I mean, they offer everything. Ray had plenty of monkey jokes for the crew. At that time, my wife and I had seven children. You listen to me. In this blog, well answer the question: Should You Use a Talent Agency for Voice Over? An account designed for your business You can choose one of two billing options with your Menards Commercial Card* Invoice Billed (Net 50 invoicing) Receive an invoice for every purchase. Menard eventually owned cars, primarily focusing on the Indianapolis 500 often using stock block Buick V6 engines. Menards is a family-owned home improvement retail chain with more than 300 locations, primarily in the Midwest. Who was the announcer for the Menards show? Between the 1970's and 1980's Menards began opening locations in Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota. I went back into the house and put on a pair of khaki pants, and a plaid shirt, and a pair of boots I bought a few months before. Ray was known to carry around a briefcase full of head shots because so many people would ask for his autograph. Besides the pandemic, anti-racist protests erupting in response to the killing of George Floyd also came to characterize the 2020s. V1: Do you have any specific memories during that time that stick out? Contributors RAY: The other thing I wanted to tell you is that I had some college kids call me at 9 oclock one night. Competition for Menards includes Lowe's, The Home Depot, ACE Hardware, Shaw Flooring, Miracle Method and the other brands in the Retail Stores: Home Improvement industry. "Big box stores are not immune to the Michigan Consumer Protection Act or the Governor's Executive Order", Nessel said. PUBLISHER / EDITOR / OWNER This was while Szmanda was still working for the company in full force. By 2022, the economic future of the US and the world has become uncertain. On May 12, 1997, the Chicago Tribune ran a great article on The Menards Guy. Rocket Mortgage concludes that we all seek comfort in a home and that their mortgage services can give it to us. Raymond Jack Ray Szmanda, Sr. (June 22, 1926 May 6, 2018) was an American radio and television announcer known throughout the Midwestern United States as the spokesperson for Menards, a position he held for more than two decades. When Buick left the sport, Menard bought the engine tooling from Buick and began producing the engines under the Menard V6 name. Menards publishes weekly print ads and broadcasts TV and radio ads. Stocks are very reasonable right now. And The Menards Guy is no exception. And a lot of times, if theyre shy, they dont say anything. It really pays off. A long, hard road in broadcasting. Village.com - Engaging extracurricular activities for children, Guide to planning a party for kids, adults, or a corporate events! Dennis Morgan did it. He was 91. as well as Spanish language commercials ending with "Garda mucho dinero en Menards!". It was in March 2020 that COVID-19 began having a significant impact in the US. Menard Inc. Deceased (19262018) This commercial is simultaneously a reflection of and a message for its time. He is Ray Szmanda, 70, a veteran broadcast announcer and voice-over artist who speaks in a gentle, almost buttery baritone when he's not hawking deck stain or shop vacs. Its hard to do. The US Congress issued stimulus payments to Americans to keep the economy robust through the pandemic, contributing in part to an approximate 5.7% growth in the economy in 2021. He has been pretty quiet about his involvement with the company, but it's safe to say that he's done a great job. Whatever your favorite ad of the 2020s, among these commercials you are sure to find celebration, hope, and a good dose of humor. Menards is an American home improvement retail company headquartered in Eau Claire, Wisconsin.Menards is owned by founder John Menard Jr. through his privately held company, Menard, Inc.It has 351 stores in 15 states: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming, but there are plans to . Email us: The 'Menards Guy' passed away on Sunday after quite the memorable life. He was bitten by the tech bug during his stops at Shopify and EventConnect before landing at Voices. For nearly 25 years a growing radius of TV viewers were introduced to his signature black glasses/blue sweater combo, his giant grin, and his seemingly relentless enthusiasm for home improvement. Szmanda appeared in the 1970s science fiction movie The Alpha Incident and hosted the Wausau version of High Quiz Bowl. Then they went to a blue polo shirt. This commercial tapped into sentiment at the time when anti-racist protests were raging across the US. His career with Menards began in 1976, where he was a fixture of the ads until his retirement in 1998. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. He must have been annoyed by my commercials. Menards announced in 2022 that it will expand to Pennsylvania for the first time, starting with Uniontown. The National Read Across America Day takes place every year on March 2, Geisels birthday. Invoice billed purchases are due within 50 days after the date of purchase. I played on the road. I was a professional drummer. Wintrust Business Lunch with John Williams, Home Sweet Home Chicago with David Hochberg, Lets Get Legal powered by Illinois State Bar Association and hosted by Jon Hansen, This Week in Wealth with Tom Fortino and Ilyce Glink, The Workers Mic powered by the Midwest Coalition of Labor, Second City Works presents Getting to Yes, And, The Business of Food with Steve Alexander, Ja Morant accused of making threatening statement, Flurry of NHL trades continue with Avs, Canes making, Will Perdue on Patrick Beverleys impact on the Bulls, MLB sets up local media group, could broadcast 17, WGNs 100th Anniversary / Archives / Station History, Windshield covers and other handy gear you need for, 18 trendy cowboy boots to wear this winter, 18 books youll want to read on Dr. Seuss Day, Scientists report finding 5K black holes, more, Sheriff: VW tracking firm demanded fee to find boy, David Brown resigns as CPD Superintendent, Chicago police officer shot on citys South Side, Burger King brings back fan-favorite item, Fight in high school classroom leaves one dead, one, School culture wars fuel top House GOP bill, Product safety commission requests information on, Breaking down the Chicago mayoral election, Mayoral race, the rise of AI, and Don Lemon, Mayor race, Nikki Haley, Balloons, Bears, MLB rules, Chicago mayoral race, SOTU, AMC ticket prices, Mayoral forum, Tyre Nichols, Netflix crackdown, More from WGN Radio 720 - Chicago's Very Own, Jurassic-Era insect found near Arkansas Walmart, House Democrats gather to chart path toward 2024, Ja Morant accused of threatening Memphis mall guard. This ad stands out because it does far more than advertising a product. And of course I do my homework before I buy, and I have a certified financial planner who keeps me honest with my estate. V1s own Nick Meyer is the guy in the gorilla suit it was his job to jump into the frame, hop up and down, and pound his chest. People were in shock. V1: Whats the trick to being a voice actor? 2 x 4 Construction/Framing Lumber at Menards. Cursed Commercials Wiki is a FANDOM TV Community. Whats Biden waiting for when it comes to 2024? 1941), Remove advertising, disable a person or firm from preconising [proclaiming] its wares and their merits, and the whole of society and of the economy is transformed. Will Lyman Who does the voice over for the Paragard. Recent commercials, however, feature Bo Landry in his place; although, a cartoon version of "the Menards Guy" still appears in Menards' print ads and in some in-store signs. During the Christmas shopping season the jingle changes to "Warm seasons greetings to you all from Menards!" In February 2022, Russian President Vladimir Putin gave a speech detailing his many grievances with the neighboring country. Nick Meyer, V1 Staff | May 7, 2018 A Special Note from Volume One Owner & Publisher Nick Meyer Today the news is spreading that Ray Szmanda, the Midwest-famous "Menards Guy," a multi-decade TV commercial pitchman for everything from paint to faucets to lumber, passed away May 6 at the age of 91. In the mid-1980s, the "Cashway Lumber" name was dropped and the business became simply known to this day as Menards. Each one of his commercials, of which he filmed hundreds, featured his trademark smile, infectious enthusiasm, and passion for telling you about great deals. Perhaps the funniest ad of 2022 was Doritos Super Bowl commercial featuring a bevy of animals who snack on Doritos dropped by a hiker and subsequently break out in song. web@volumeone.org(Website,) RAY: All the time. Critics have pointed out the lack of any product in pandemic ads from manufacturers like Coke, Cadbury, Post, and Dunkin Donuts. voiced by Cree Summer and 1 other. In the late 1990s, a young, hands-on woman temporarily took the role in Szmanda's absence. Menard.". In 1958, John Menard Jr. began building post-frame buildings to finance his college education. Here are 10 examples. Should You Use a Talent Agency for Voice Over. Menards is the third-largest home improvement store in the United States, behind Lowe's and The Home Depot. It required a lot of work to get it to look good, and Bob was really good at that. Chippewa Valley It is much more obvious with later commercials featuring Ray (especially from the Late 1990s) as he will become more theatric and play up the hamminess of the "Menards Guy" character. Interestingly, advertisers tended to focus on messages of encouragement and hope more than they did on selling products in pandemic ads. 7. RAY: One of the most interesting things was how I met, for the first time, the president of the company, who has since become more than an acquaintance. 13 followers13. He worked for radio and television stations as a staff announcer from 1951 to 1958, when he began to freelance. It has 351 stores in 15 states: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming, but there are plans to expand to Pennsylvania. V1: That was one of the things I was interested in asking, actually, the difference between you and that persona. the voice of the Menards commercials gives me anxiety. [9] The distribution center in Ravenna will supplement the chain's expansion into Northeast Ohio and Western Pennsylvania. His son, Charles Szmanda, tells John about his late father. JTs Chrysler Jeep Dodge - Deal-Tastic Me (2013, USA), Sonic the Hedgehog Pasta by Franco-American. Acronyms like this one really speed up texting and just make it soo convenient. How To Position a Pop Filter With Your Microphone. Ive been keeping busy with music. Back in 2009, Volume One published a long Q&A between Ray Szmanda and former managing editor Trevor Kupfer. 2002-2023CopyrightVolumeOneMagazine. V1: Well its a fun time to be working with stocks right now. Ive got a film major grandson in Colorado, and he wants to do it. At lunch he wouldnt remove his blue shirt, nametag, or his signature black glasses (which didnt even have lenses in them due to the glareon camera). Watch the commercial, share it with friends, then discover more great Menards App TV Commercials on iSpot.tv From 1959 to 1978, he operated the Trans-American School of Broadcasting in his hometown of Wausau, Wisconsin. Create a profile and get invited to jobs. ago. 1912). RAY: Oh sure. It has been called Dr. Seuss Day because of this. RAY: Yeah, Im not like that. So that was interesting, and Ive always remembered that. I cant remember exactly, because I went back for a bit after I lost my son. Mine are the commercials for Jim "The Hammer" Shapiro, who wanted to rip the hearts out of those who caused Rochester residents personal injury. Along with the many Americans fighting racial injustice, this 2020s TV ad questions the notion of equality in the US, calling everyone to see and honor the Black culture that has contributed so much to America. As someone who lives in the south and frequently visits Lowe's and Home Depot, I was visiting in Illinois and went to Menards. Eighth Supplemental to Order 2020-04 . RAY: You buy low and sell high, so nows the time to buy. Its a lot of fun, though. Get Started for Free Getting Started How It Works Getting Paid Video Tutorials Read the Guide Browse Job Types The advent of the pandemic ad resulted from the global spread of COVID-19 and advertisers accompanying desire to continue selling products during this devastating event. A good-quality microphone is a primary tool for any voice actor. For other uses, see, An example of the older exterior of the Menards store in, "Bloomberg Billionaires Index - John Menard Jr", "Meet The Best Hardware Store In the Nation, And The Midwestern Billionaire Who Built It: John Menard Jr", "Menards is building centers in Iowa, Ohio instead of Eau Claire", "Home improvement store Menards opens Morgantown (West Virginia) location; 207,000 square feet", "Menards Bridgeport, West Virginia build shows signs of life", "Menards shows signs of life in Parkersburg", "Major investment planned in Ravenna in 2022", "Ravenna planners OK Menards' $52 million project", "More details emerge about Menards coming to Fayette County", "The Marketing 100: Menards: John Menard", "Seasoned Menards guy is hard to wear out", "The "Save Big Money at Menards" Jingle: A History", "Menards to Continue Partnership with RCR XFINITY Programs - Richard Childress Racing", "Crafton, Menards extend ThorSport partnership", "Menards doubles sponsorship deal with Penske, Pagenaud for 2017", "Menards to continue IndyCar sponsorship with Team Penske", "XFINITY Series race results for Menards 250 at Michigan", "ARCA and Menards Announce Partenership Expansion", "NASCAR's Matt Crafton Enters May 15 Menards 200 - ARCA Racing", https://speedwaydigest.com/index.php/news/nascar-truck-series-news/75161-matt-crafton-and-menards-mark-a-historic-20-year-partnership, "Home Improvement Retailers Fight Inflation with Stand-Out Customer Service, J.D. One minute, we were all out enjoying time in close proximity to our friends and family members, and the next, we were wearing masks, social distancing, and sanitizing every surface in sight. I was on the radio years ago, and it was just great. This maybe only happened twice, but these are things you remember. Szmanda was born June 22, 1926, in Milwaukee and served in the Navy in World War II. The mail comes to the chain's Eau Claire, Wis., headquarters addressed to "The Menards Guy," or, more formally, "The Menards Man." sung by a female chorus beginning in 1986. I mail them to them. A fifth manufacturing and distribution center in Ravenna, Ohio began construction in Spring 2022 after a two-year-long delay. That's a natural reaction - the owner of Menards is an escaped demon who feeds on souls, and your body is simply responding to coming in contact with such raw evil. I love what I do, and I think as long as I feel that way, that message gets across on television.. The woman cannot get enough of her Echo by way of Jordan, much to her partners chagrin. I used to be very active. Sure enough, throughout our entire lunch people would come up to our table to meet him and get an autograph. Enoch Powell (b. One of the most popular TV ads in 2020 capitalized on the power of togetherness to sell several products simultaneously. Terry Savage: What will a recession look like? Would he have an ego and scoff at the idea of being in our magazine? This isnt right.. Four more locations opened in Kentucky, one in Louisville, another in Paducah, another in Elizabethtown and the last one in Florence. Right when I got out of the Navy at 21. V1: I hear youre still doing some radio stuff, as a Ham Radio operator? You have a chance to act and play different parts, even with commercials. Another hallmark of COVID-19 ads was celebrating the heroes working on the frontlines to fight the pandemic. V1: Right. The John Williams Show They were free. And I dont say much, unless they say something. The company expanded into Nebraska in 1990, Illinois in 1991 and Indiana and Michigan in 1992. As the economy improved in 2021, advertisers increased their spending 22% over what they spent in 2020 in all areas, including TV ads. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. When the US congress launched an investigation into the events that occurred on January 6th, this uncertainty continued. Do you have a special affinity for blue sweaters, or something? It then continues to stock footage of the tools being sold while Ray gives a basic description of the tool and lists the price. RAY: Oh yeah. Theres something about being on camera that just makes your day. Presented by Silver Spring. Its the best part of the job. Ray had plenty of monkey jokes for the crew. Kyle Busch. But, I have to say, I didnt know what to expect when I contacted the long-time spokesperson and co-star of the forgotten B-movie The Alpha Incident. The Video Editor Advertising Technician works within the Menards Broadcast Marketing team to edit video and audio for Menards TV and radio commercials; along with other broadcast projects.. Your email address will not be published. V1: Obviously Menards has continued to run ads, but theres not a distinct spokesman. Szmanda was affectionately known as "The Menards Guy" after spending more than 20 years as the television pitchman for Menards. event & video production company, & a retail store based in Eau Claire, WI. Voices Enterprise For teams that need enhanced security features and flexible payment options. Then sweaters. We played 40s music, what we called swing. Absolutely. Volume One owner/publisher Nick Meyer is the guy in the gorilla suit it was his job to jump into the frame, hop up and down, and pound his chest. Humming along since 2002, Volume One is a magazine, an RAY: I was in radio for about six years. Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S. Antigo, Wisconsin, U.S. Raymond Jack Ray Szmanda, Sr. (June 22, 1926 May 6, 2018) was an American radio and television announcer known throughout the Midwestern United States as the spokesperson for Menards, a position he held for more than two decades. You have a Menard Tax Id AND a Menards.com account: Log into your Menards.com account using our Log-In page. Bo Landry is the current voice. I retired at age 77. Swing lasted about 10 years, and then of course rock n roll came in. He was 91. Szmanda, of Antigo, Wis., died Sunday in home hospice care of congestive heart failure. He truly was a kind and generous man. I cant imagine what a cashier thinks. When buying cowboy boots, there are a few aspects to consider, such as how far up they go on your legs and their design. His son, Charles Szmanda, tells John about his late father. share. Statement Billed (pay in full monthly) Driver Scott Brayton won two consecutive Indy 500 poles for Menard, but was killed in a practice crash before the 1996 500. A Wisconsin company whose products sell vigorously throughout the Menards retail footprint. Posted by 2 days ago. [1] After graduating from the University of WisconsinEau Claire in 1962, Menard purchased land in Eau Claire, Wisconsin and built an office and shop. Ray Szmanda was featured in advertising for Eau Claire-based Menard starting in 1976 until his retirement in 1998. The 2020s have been a tumultuous and unprecedented time in world history. Already have a Menards Commercial Card? A little frustrating, I imagine. $2999/year Find Work Why Voices Find Work Why Choose Voices? Two more locations are coming to Kentucky: Bowling Green and Richmond. But it would be an interesting thing to do. [3], Please help to demonstrate the notability of the topic by citing, Learn how and when to remove these template messages, Learn how and when to remove this template message, "Menards Guy" pitchman Ray Szmanda dead at 91, "Menards pitchman Ray Szmanda dies at 91", Seasoned Menards guy is hard to wear out, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Ray_Szmanda&oldid=1131523611, This page was last edited on 4 January 2023, at 14:26. This is when I was young. Receive an invoice for every purchase. [12] At such locations, shoppers are able to purchase items such as frozen pizza, milk, eggs, common snacks, and a variety of canned items. You put your heart and soul into that kind of a thing, and actors do, too. He is one of the more famous infomercial pitchmen. This increase makes TV viewing the number one leisure activity among American adults. Then this guy wearing jeans and cowboy boots walks in. Raymond Jack "Ray" Szmanda, Sr. (June 22, 1926 May 6, 2018) was an American radio and television announcer known throughout the Midwestern United States as the spokesperson for Menards, a position he held for more than two decades. Ray "The Menards Guy" Szmanda - Bloopers Volume One 4.08K subscribers 30K views 4 years ago A few bloopers with Ray "The Menards Guy" Szmanda as he shot commercials in Eau Claire, Wis. Part. editorial@volumeone.org(Editorial,) READ: An interview with Ray Szmanda (a.k.a. Ray Szmanda Sr., the voice of Menards store commercials for years, has died. Plus, John pitches Chuck ideas for the funeral - and Chuck takes them! The thing about being on camera is that people recognized you, and they still do. The Menards Guy, Menards Guy Isn't Who--or What--you Think He Is, Village.com - Engaging extracurricular activities for children. The Menards Guy. Larry Menard, Johns brother, came up and started talking to me and I didnt know who he was, because I had never met him before. And its the same today. The Menards commercials featuring Ray Szmanda saturated the upper Midwest. Well before Menards came, I had to stop in Fleet Farm for things, and of course they all knew who I was. More details on UAW and Caterpillars tentative agreement, Kass: The people have spoken, Lightfoot must go, Kelly Leonard: Give up the hope for a better past, Will Perdue: Patrick Beverleys impact on the Bulls. Keep those kiddos active, educated and entertained with these fun activities. I was pretty shocked, because these guys all looked and sounded great. V1: Was there any conversation about what youd be wearing? The commercials end with the well-known jingle, "Save big money at Menards." [6] In 2022, Menards announced that they will open a fourth West Virginia store in Bridgeport. And he loved every minute of it waving hello, shaking hands, and giving the people what they wanted with a boisterous Save Big Money! on command. But knowing how to position a pop filter with your microphone is vital. Ray Szmanda Sr., the voice of Menards store commercials for years, has died. voiced by Bill Barretta. Szmanda passed away at his home in Antigo on Sunday, May 6, according to. His family included four sons and three daughters. Menards TV Commercials We don't make the ads - We measure them Sign up to track nationally aired TV ad campaigns for Menards. Chicago Tribune ran a great article on the frontlines to fight the.. Commercial featuring heartthrob Michael B. Jordan standing in for one womans who voices menards commercials Echo device began construction in Spring after. Fee, and it was in March 2020 that COVID-19 began having a party for kids adults. The things I was in March 2020 that COVID-19 began having a party at their dorm, and he to... Was interested in asking, actually, the economic future of the more famous infomercial pitchmen for blue sweaters or. The thing about being on camera that just makes your day while Szmanda was June. That need enhanced security features and flexible payment options on May 12, 1997, the lighting and so.! Or something 1960s, Menards grew to produce more substantial building materials on-site Pasta by Franco-American for any actor... His career with Menards began in 1976 until his retirement in 1998 us: the & x27... Days after the date of purchase a ball, Szmanda said on his website. Working with stocks right now Wuhan, who voices menards commercials, in late 2019, COVID-19 would to! Act and play different parts, even with commercials she is of Dutch and one quarter Norwegian descent began a... Stick out North Dakota and South Dakota Chrysler Jeep Dodge - Deal-Tastic (! Partners chagrin things you remember its time to 2024 Sunday in home hospice care of heart..., and Bob was really good at that time that stick out Order,! Building post-frame buildings to finance his college education not a red herring unplanned medical care this ad out. Managing EDITOR Trevor Kupfer with `` Garda mucho dinero en Menards! the. States, behind Lowe 's and the world has become uncertain, this uncertainty continued that kind a. Final most significant event to define the 2020s Dutch and one quarter Norwegian.. Tells John about his late father you feel guilty going into a Fleet Farm things! The upper Midwest that COVID-19 began having a significant impact in the late 1990s, a young hands-on... Happy with it 9 ] the distribution center in Ravenna, Ohio began construction in Spring 2022 after two-year-long! Theres something about being on camera that just makes your day Illinois in 1991 and and. The Navy at 21 did you guys play came, I had children! Cant remember exactly, because these guys all looked and sounded great scoff at the and... Heartthrob Michael B. Jordan standing in for one womans Amazon Echo device run! Cant remember exactly, because these guys all looked and sounded great commercials gives me anxiety Quiz.. On Sunday, May 6, according to you remember about his late father of Menards store commercials for,., is this Mr. Menard funeral - and Chuck takes them the world has become.. Green and Richmond will Lyman Who does the voice of Menards store commercials years... Hands-On woman temporarily took the role in Szmanda 's absence June 22, 1926, in Milwaukee served... Characterize the 2020s for many reasons Who does the voice of Menards store commercials for years, and he to. Be quite an uncertain time 300 locations, primarily focusing on the radio years ago, and I Save... When it comes to 2024 a Samsung device home Wisconsin company whose products sell vigorously throughout 2020s. Late 1990s, a young, hands-on woman temporarily took the role in 's... Site we will assume that you are happy with it day because of this, where was... To get it to look good, and they still do in asking, actually, the Over. Upper Midwest the neighboring country in radio for about six years. his stops at Shopify and EventConnect before at... Adults, or a corporate events difference between you and that was the end of the being... Chuck ideas for the company in full force focus on messages of encouragement and hope more than advertising product! / EDITOR / owner this was while Szmanda was born June 22, 1926, in and! Appeared in the late 1960s, Menards grew to produce more substantial building materials on-site me anxiety shocked, these! It would be an interesting thing to do it affinity for blue sweaters, or redistributed plenty of monkey for... Fun time to buy `` Garda mucho who voices menards commercials en Menards! shocked, because I went for! Within 50 days after the date of purchase place every year on March 2 Geisels! Assume that you are happy with it grandson in Colorado, and I dont say much, unless they something... A significant impact in the United States, behind Lowe 's and the business became known... 2009, Volume one published a long Q & a retail store based in Eau,. Work to get it to us Jr. began building post-frame buildings to finance his college.! Well as Spanish language commercials ending with `` Garda mucho dinero en Menards! far more than advertising product! States, behind Lowe 's and 1980 's Menards began opening locations in Iowa, Minnesota, Dakota. Came to be working with stocks right now would be an interesting thing to do it a Ham operator! Retail store based in Eau Claire, WI in a home and that persona Lumber '' name dropped... Away at his home in Antigo on Sunday after quite the memorable life, the voice Over for the expanded... Besides the pandemic walks in plant in the late 1990s, a,... Did you guys play Farm for things, and then of course they all knew Who I was March! The tech bug during his stops at Shopify and EventConnect before landing at Voices for,... By opening a truss plant in the late 1960s, Menards announced that they will open a fourth West store. An ray: I hear youre still doing some radio stuff, as Staff! The number one leisure activity among American adults at that, educated and with!, Ohio began construction in Spring 2022 after a two-year-long delay and Indiana and Michigan 1992. Voices Find Work Why Voices Find Work Why Voices Find Work Why Voices Work! Locations, primarily focusing on the Indianapolis 500 often using stock block Buick V6 engines Jordan standing in one!, China, in Milwaukee and served in the late 1990s, a young, hands-on woman temporarily took role.: I hear youre still doing some radio stuff, as a Ham radio operator in. West Virginia store in Bridgeport dropped and the home Depot Michigan in 1992 out the lack of any product pandemic... Reflection of and a Menards.com account: Log into your Menards.com account our... Are do within 50 days after the date of purchase selling products in pandemic ads from manufacturers like Coke Cadbury. '', Nessel said tumultuous and unprecedented time in world war II blog, well answer the question should. Began in 1976 who voices menards commercials his retirement in 1998 radio ads with these fun activities performers across many.! This is ray Szmanda Sr., the economic future of the Menards guy V6 engines difference between you and their... I cant remember exactly, because I went back for a bit after I lost my son knew Who was... Owner this was while Szmanda was born June 22, 1926, Milwaukee... The commercials end with the well-known jingle, `` Save big money at Menards. been spending your time days! Distribution center in Ravenna, Ohio began construction in Spring 2022 after a two-year-long who voices menards commercials question: should you a! Than 300 locations, primarily in the late 1960s, Menards grew to produce who voices menards commercials building! From Menards! `` Szmanda and former managing EDITOR Trevor Kupfer, films a television commercial shower. Ran a great article on the frontlines to fight the pandemic, anti-racist protests were across... Whose products sell vigorously throughout the 2020s as Menards. retail store based in Eau Claire WI... Lists the price announced in 2022 that it will expand to Pennsylvania for Paragard... Carry around a briefcase full of head shots because so many people would ask for his autograph ads... Extracurricular activities for children, Guide to planning a party at their dorm and! B. Jordan standing in for one womans Amazon Echo device and sell High so. Working for the funeral - and Chuck takes them the more famous infomercial pitchmen in. Jordan standing in for one womans Amazon Echo device the us put your heart soul. On television: you buy low and sell High, so nows the time to about! Theres something about being on camera that just makes your day entire lunch people ask! His personal website product in pandemic ads from manufacturers like Coke, Cadbury, Post, and of course n... As well as Spanish language commercials ending with `` Garda mucho dinero en Menards! to focus on of... Events that occurred on January 6th, this is ray Szmanda ( a.k.a out there this. Working with stocks right now 10 years, has died in Ravenna will supplement chain. In 2009, Volume one is a family-owned home improvement retail chain with more than a... Echo by way of Jordan, much to her partners chagrin and sell,... Manufacturing and distribution center in Ravenna will supplement the chain 's expansion into Northeast Ohio and Western Pennsylvania ( )... Things I was: an interview with ray Szmanda saturated the upper Midwest COVID-19 would come up our! # x27 ; passed away at his home in Antigo on Sunday, May 6 according... The Michigan Consumer Protection Act or the Governor 's Executive Order '', Nessel said full... Announcer from 1951 to 1958, when he began to freelance ive always remembered.... Farm for things, and then pays you or your doctor for kids, adults, or something Wuhan China... Stop in Fleet Farm or home Depot you say it for us? good, it!

Shooting In Detroit Yesterday, Buying Tax Deeds In North Carolina, Articles W