Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. There are various other aspects to Navy Officer applications, and therefore many opportunities for mistakes when you apply. I find that autocorrect just gets in the way most of the time. %PDF-1.5 ASTB and OAR Questions How long is the OAR test? What is hilarious is that once commissioned, GPA only counts for service sponsored graduate schools. Nobody gives a wit about ivy league etc once c 3. ago. You agree to this notice if you continue to use this site. Also Read: Navy Officer Age Limit (Comprehensive List). Can you join the Air Force as an officer with diagnosed depression and anxiety. I scored "competitively" on the ASTB which helps overcome a lower GPA. The CEC doesn't seem more physically requiring on the level of Aviation. For information regarding Navy enlisted ratings, see [Twisky's Rating Information Guide] (https://www.reddit.com/r/newtothenavy/comments/6mxv7c/links_to_official_information_on_every_enlisted/). endstream endobj startxref How can I commission as a 70A, 70B, Medical Service Corps Officer if my GPA sucks? 0 (Solution). This site is not affiliated with nor endorsed by the U.S. Department of the Navy, U.S. Department of Defense, or the U.S. Government. I have compiled below the OAR score This advice comes purely based on recruiters and recently accepted aviators and their experience. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. I have the same GPA as you do and my application was just reviewed at the Aviation selection board this past wednesday. This includes lying by omission (leaving information out) and lying by commission (purposefully misleading). What was your major? We have yet to hear results but I'm hopeful. @'8DAsP45p)qhqwlArb 9~E~pv%ei"vyszR4@01$W)*leLx~t,vYZ/;s) %>:x5-~ The average for the Officer Aptitude Rating (OAR) would be again from 40 to 60 as it is scored between 20 and 80. As a Restricted Line Officer, you will attend Officer Development School (ODS) vice the more rigorous Officer Candidate School (OCS) and have fewer options for career extension if you want to make a career of the Navy. }q}Al_OWyS/f>__SgE%zPH\! ;R You must have at least a bachelor's degree. D+c=6+(pITY.ev:RIEy?&ONL__LMkU1H{#m_xdHsw5KxT%r:{pJ=*5F:SW^|8 /Gqy~#t2JK ,@4hAfNdTjYfb9)%T%2|T,UR>`]Bb3s6eD4 eJDz-Z~0xH)St['`;^7f9okrN8LI 8Ev^X>. Two thoughts which depend on how you want to serve, the Army Reserve is almost always willing to take any new 2lt's with a pulse, if you are interested in commissioning and staying at Fort Carson at your current job the reserves or National Guard can get you a commission without any issues. See TheBeneGesseritWitch's guide on Paths to become an Officer. Can't imagine it's a whole lot different today. And these are the minimum requirements. 1 0 obj That just gave me some hope, I got picked up as NFO with a 2.8 in physics, 6/7/6 54. My first 2 years of college were spent at a CC where I had a 3.4 GPA. Hi Chief, I'm slow. You can get picked up for SWO or Aviation but you'll probably need a top 10% or 20% score. More often then not, enlisting to eventually be. If it's something like psychology or criminal justice you have less of a chance than nuclear engineering. >\GU_~O~JIIC>u(d!feMMp%&6|L~.Dqt6M#ny| You must log in or register to reply here. Was it a hard 2.8 GPA? For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. I would like to go active duty and I believe I meet the eligibility requirements, but have been told by recruiters that because my GPA is low I won't be accepted. I noted you talked with a "recruiter" who said your GPA would be a problem. Even if you are set on the Army, an OSO will know the requirements for all the services. Q: What is the GPA requirement for a US Navy OCS? [ https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-GPA-requirement-for-a-US-Navy-OCS ] A: Everyone here has a hi He said I can re-apply but I would have to improve my application in order to do so. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. WebYou have a low chance but you might as well take it. The ASVAB is important also. NOTE: These requirements may change without notice. Aviation is 2.5 GPA, CEC 2.7, and virtually everything else is 3.0. You better ace the OAR. I know that my GPA works against me, but I would simply like some up to date odds on the likelihood of being able to join as an officer. What is the officer aptitude rating exam? 4 0 obj Where they differ is how phase 2 is The Officer Aptitude Rating (OAR) exam is a standardized test meant to determine the skills and abilities of those who wish to become officers in the U.S. military. If Second there are waivers for GPA, with a business degree I can only imagine youre going SWO or possibly Supply(although Ive hear its very competitive). Upon successful completion of OCS, you will be commissioned as a Navy Officer. 3 0 obj If you want a commission you need to go show up and pound the recruiters door down until they let you in. We may earn commissions from qualifying purchases through our links. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Question you need to ask: Will enlisting make your college GPA suddenly eligible? %PDF-1.5 $Az @$/a`bdH'@ Aviation is 2.5 GPA, CEC 2.7, and virtually everything else is 3.0. Contact your local Navy Officer Recruiter if you have further questions. hbbd``b`$A I was told due to these economic times, it is more competitive to get on board for OCS. Really?? If you are a strong candidate in other areas, you can be selected. Here are what I consider the top five: 1. Jul 13, 2020. How can I join the Air Force as an officer, but with a 2.9 from my bachelors in psycho? Press J to jump to the feed. Your email address will not be published. Although this may not be official, the number I hear passed around is at least 3.5 for a non-engineering major. And maybe a 3.0 for an engineering No personally identifying information (PII). stream The OAR is given a cumulative score ranging from 20 to 80. Again, click on the officer positions in the table above to learn more about the specific requirements for that job. Navy Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) is the only maritime expeditionary EOD and Mobile Diving and Salvage (MDS) capability within the Department of Defense. For the first three scores the AQR, PFAR, and FOFAR the average score is a 5 or between 40 and 60 %; meaning if you score a 5 you did better than 40 to 60% of all the other candidates taking the ASTB. #1. <> Now your PT score on the other hand is a big deal. If that motivation includes serving ones country, enlisting may still be the way to go. It takes a test pass and a Bonafied Degree from an Accredited Institution. Very few Universities will confer a degree below 3.0 in your majorbut t I have been looking into Surface Warfare, Submarine, Aviation and others but I am still wondering if the 2.8 is absolute or if there are other items that I can use to show that I am capable. endobj WebAnswer: Having a high GPA won't do it. Want to learn about deploying, finances, mental health, cross-rating, and more? endobj My GPA declined my last year in college and this was due in part to working full time, participating in pitch competitions, and being in an on campus organization. You are using an out of date browser. We always ask about people's motivations. How can I make my Flight Warrant Packet Competitive? I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Non-technical majors should have at least a C+ (2.5/4.0) average in math and science courses, with sufficient depth to ensure the candidate can do algebra in his/her head, and is sufficiently familiar with trigonometry to be able to quickly master a Maneuvering Board. Do not encourage lying. Obviously anecdotal, but should be encouraging for you. WebGPA: 2.8+ Major: [STEM preferred]. When taking the exam we suggest no more than 1-1.5 minutes per question in order to complete the entire exam in time. Remember, your OAR score is only one requirement for Navy Officer programs. The Army was more interested in leaders than college degrees then. Manage Settings The OAR includes the first three, core tests in math, reading comprehension, and mechanical comprehension. 2 0 obj Later as a Captain the Army paid for my BS Degree. For information regarding Navy enlisted ratings, see Twisky's Rating Information Guide. Interested in Officer programs? Also, everything else about you matters as Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns. I was talking to a recruiter and they told me that because my gpa is 2.6, I will not get a chance for OCS. Also, everything else about you matters as well. Id say youre pretty competitive. (TOP 5 Tips), Why Did Ramius Kill The Political Officer? OAR: 42+ Be of sound moral character. (By the way, I was put out of college on academic probation and ended up going to OCS, then Navy Flight training where I was competing with mostly college grads from any university/college you could think of; you can get whatever you shoot for). Did you go to a standard Marine Recruiting office or an Officer Selection office (OSO)? This guide provides the list of Navy OAR score requirements for all Navy Officer programs during Fiscal Year 2023. Y I want to appl? One thing my recruiter mentioned when it comes to LORs is that it won't complete an application, but it polishes an already good one. I have compiled below the OAR score requirements for all Navy Officer programs that require it for application. Interested in Officer programs? If you are interested in becoming a Naval Officer and are wondering about the Officer Aptitude Rating (OAR) exam score requirements for each Navy Officer job, then you have found your answer. I always assumed Aviator was on par with SWO, but had higher physical requirements during flight training (like the swimming requirement for example.). I called them fake priors, because they had no real fleet experience. xko\>A K]VqP(Z&*I3DD[K}"3;&y},gC2gOS24[Yfs_-g#_f3#g\XGgc9#,t~7Mhf~wiW __/p5>\Mo &yt=w\L]|qM PXiUJ .[tY~"^ }. It may not display this or other websites correctly. I know that I would have to score extremely well with my PT score and I'm working with a trainer to improve that and I would also have to do well on the ASVAB. You may also be expected to meet certain preferred requirements: GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale. He told me the best way to go as officer is to go in as enlisted, come out as a E-4, and apply within for officer. Want to learn about deploying, finances, mental health, cross-rating, and more? Also, the overall score should be high on the ASTB. Go to Airwarriors.com and check out the boards there. All other Navy Officer jobs do not require applicants to challenge the OAR. In coordination with a network of current and former Navy Officer recruiters, my goal is to make information easily available to you so you can make informed career decisions. You need to be in direct contact with an OSO first. Press J to jump to the feed. I could get 2 good letters from a current Colonel in the Army and a retired Chief Master Sergeant from the Air Force.

Todd Smith Net Worth, Wearing A Scapular When You Die, Medina, Ny Funeral Home Obituaries, John Malkovich On Glenne Headly Death, Articles N